Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2017, 16:15   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V in 2017

I see quite a few WR-Vs on road, but hardly any petrols. I can't help but think a 1.5 petrol offering would've worked wonders for this car.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 02:49   #77
BHPian

A 1.5 iVTEC would have simply killed the sub-4m tax benefits that this car gets. Not that it is cheap anyways given the package itself. But still.
Old 27th December 2017, 16:42   #78
Senior - BHPian

2018 Honda HR-V/Vezel Facelift Rendering

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-2018hondahrviabrendering.jpg

Quote:
Honda will level up the HR-V’s safety by equipping it with the advanced technologies available as part of Honda Sensing suite.
Quote:
Honda currently offers the HR-V with 1.5L i-VTEC petrol, 1.8-litre i-VTEC petrol, 1.6L i-DTEC diesel and 1.5L i-DTEC+i-DCD hybrid (petrol-electric) engines.
Quote:
Honda hasn’t confirmed the HR-V for India yet, but if it does, the Hyundai Creta rival should arrive in its facelifted avatar.
Source
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:03   #79
Senior - BHPian

Honda HR-V Facelift leaked

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-hrv_mc.jpg

Gets New Chrome Grille & New Radiator Grille design similar to other New Honda's (Civic/Accord).

Gets In line LED Headlights replacing the Projector LED Headlights of earlier model.

Source
CarguyNish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 18:20   #80
Senior - BHPian

Honda HR-V facelift revealed in Japan

A few days back, images of the Honda HR-V facelift were leaked online. Honda has now released the first official images of the updated HR-V crossover. It is set to debut in the Japanese market on February 15, 2018 where it is sold under the Vezel badge.

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-honda-hrv2.jpg

The revised HR-V gets a tweaked front end that incorporates a new grille with a thick chrome bar and a large Honda logo in the centre. It features new triangular LED headlights with integrated LED DRLs and a new front bumper with re-profiled fog lamp pods. Higher variants get LED fog lamps, while circular halogen lamps are likely to be offered on the lower variants.

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-honda-hrv1.jpg

Honda hasn't released images of the interior but according to media reports, the HR-V facelift will be offered with the safety and driver assistance systems (Honda Sensing) on higher trims in addition to an updated infotainment system. It is likely to have features like satellite navigation and Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity.

Honda is yet to confirm the engines that will be offered on the HR-V facelift but reports suggest that the current range of engines will be carried over unchanged. These include a 1.5-litre petrol, 1.5-litre petrol hybrid, 1.8-litre petrol and a 1.6-litre diesel.

The Honda HR-V is expected to be launched in India sometime in the future however the carmaker hasn't made any announcement regarding the same.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 25th January 2018 at 18:21.
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 22:49   #81
BHPian

Re: Honda HR-V facelift revealed in Japan

Looks good on papers. Can be a worthy competitor to Creta & EcoSport if launched in India. In US, this car is placed below Honda CRV and looks decent enough in flesh with good dimensions.
xs2mayank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 01:01   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs2mayank View Post
Looks good on papers. Can be a worthy competitor to Creta & EcoSport if launched in India. In US, this car is placed below Honda CRV and looks decent enough in flesh with good dimensions.
Ecosport?

HRV will likely be positioned above the Creta and slightly below the Jeep Compass. Certainly wont be priced below Creta levels in the Indian market, when launched.

It is a very good vehicle with a loyal customer base worldwide. I hope they offer it with the same quality levels and price wont really be a problem in selling the vehicle in numbers in India.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 01:18   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Ecosport?

HRV will likely be positioned above the Creta and slightly below the Jeep Compass. Certainly wont be priced below Creta levels in the Indian market, when launched.

It is a very good vehicle with a loyal customer base worldwide. I hope they offer it with the same quality levels and price wont really be a problem in selling the vehicle in numbers in India.
My bad, I forgot that they already have BR-V as competitor for EcoSport.
Old 26th January 2018, 06:50   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Ecosport?

HRV will likely be positioned above the Creta and slightly below the Jeep Compass.
Spot on, Though I feel it will be a competitor to Creta and might eat up share of Compass too.

A related thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-2017-a-6.html

Mods - Request you to merge both the threads.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 07:21   #85
Team-BHP Support

Subtle updates to an already good-looking car! Though it’s a very pleasing design from the outside, I hope they have made some changes inside as well, for e.g.; the rear bench is awfully low on under-thigh support.
Old 26th January 2018, 13:29   #86
BHPian

Looks like a worthy Honda competitor to the Creta.

Just find those huge square side-mirrors not justifying the otherwise sharp design of this car. I guess the normal City side mirrors would look better.
sharktale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 22:55   #87
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V

During my recent visit to Sri Lanka, I recently sat in a Honda Vezel or HRV. The car looks well proportioned as a SUV, has good interior quality and silent cabin inside. Didn't get a chance to drive it myself and hence can't comment on the performance and handling. This would have been a worthy competitor to the Creta. I wonder what made Honda not launch this model and instead bring in the BRV.
sid_deb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 02:40   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
During my recent visit to Sri Lanka, I recently sat in a Honda Vezel or HRV. ..... I wonder what made Honda not launch this model and instead bring in the BRV.
Sir, since you have been in the vehicle recently, if you don't mind my asking, how is the comfort in the back seat and passenger seat - especially with regard to ingress and egress.
Are the back seat & passenger seat friendly to senior citizens.
The HR-V is a vehicle I am seriously waiting to upgrade to and if it disappoints in being friendly to senior citizens, I think I will have to wait for the next CR-V.
Old 29th January 2018, 07:04   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Sir, since you have been in the vehicle recently, if you don't mind my asking, how is the comfort in the back seat and passenger seat - especially with regard to ingress and egress.
Are the back seat & passenger seat friendly to senior citizens.
The HR-V is a vehicle I am seriously waiting to upgrade to and if it disappoints in being friendly to senior citizens, I think I will have to wait for the next CR-V.
Space is not an issue, but the under-thigh support is really poor**. Ingress/egress is also easy, but just that the rear door is a bit pointed due to its design.

**My reference is mostly on the Vezel which are parallel-imported from Japan here. Honda probably will do the changes to a local market where they launch it directly.

Last edited by vb-saan : 29th January 2018 at 07:07.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 12:20   #90
BHPian

Disappointment for those waiting for HRV. Honda today unveiled 03 models for this financial year. CRV, New Amaze and the civic. i really fail to understand their strategy. they were late in introducing the Jazz in 2015. Mobilio was launched ahead of Jazz. Good times for Creta , Jeep , Hexa and XUV to continue capturing the market.

All the best to CRV though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks