Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2016, 13:08   #46
BHPian

re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!

I kind of like this rendering from Rushlane. Especially the front end has more aggressive look, this maybe because of the Hexa Grill and the slimmer headlights

And regarding the Rear Door handles, as unlike other's views, I personally feel it looks good because it gives that sporty look of a 2-Door hot hatch. This design maybe for Europe and the Indian version ay have the regular door handles. Need to wait and watch the next set of scoops
Old 21st March 2016, 13:20   #47
BHPian

Wow the rendering by Rushlane looks drool worthy. The hexagonal grill and the evilish headlights give it an aggressive stance. This coupled with the 110 bhp motor should make it a real hot hatch. The colour is also nice and different from what we have seen. The alloy wheels for sure are not coming in here and they look more like 16 or 17 inch ones. I hope the actual version is closer to this rendering than to the earlier one.
Old 21st March 2016, 14:34   #48
BHPian

I hope this Swift offers today, that rare combination of what the first-generation Swift offered over its competition then - looks that pleased most people, good dynamics, good engines, FTD yet very economical and backed by Maruti's service network. A car that checked the most boxes. One that enthusiasts could go for without much opposition from family. Suzuki, bring on the Boosterjet and DDIS 200 in this with stiffer suspension and well-calibrated steering along with that Lancer like front-end and you could be looking at a cult-classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I quite like it.
'FTD' factor is what made the Swift that it is today and Suzuki shouldnt leave any stones unturned to reclaim that spot with the new Swift. I am hopeful since they can afford to concentrate on form over function a bit now since both Baleno and Brezza are here for the more 'practical' buyers.

The Swift should remain compact, extremely nimble and fast. That's the ethos of the brand now. And MSIL, please don't forget to slap on that boosterjet engine over here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroTurbo View Post
I kind of like this rendering from Rushlane. Especially the front end has more aggressive look, this maybe because of the Hexa Grill and the slimmer headlights
Old 21st March 2016, 15:02   #49
BHPian

This rendering by Rushlane converted to 3 door would be how the Swift Sport might look like. Though i would love to have such a car, i have a feeling that adding higher profile tires for comfort here in India would make it look like a stretched Micra/Pulse. Aftermarket mods which is so common among Swift owners would make it a looker.

The surge from the Boosterjet combined with lightweight Baleno Platform (Being positioned below Baleno, would this weigh around 900-950 Kgs?) would make it a decent hot hatch.
Old 21st March 2016, 19:54   #50

Front look feels like a downgrade to Fluidic I20. The floating roof design can be complemented by blackening the C-pillar completely instead of partial.
Pravinzs77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 09:29   #51
BHPian

The rushlane rendering is really beautiful. 10/10 would buy. Like the others have mentioned, the wheel profile is a bit too much for a regular variant. Perhaps a sport version with a turbo petrol. Oh that would be lovely.

Last edited by motorhead16 : 23rd March 2016 at 09:31.
Old 23rd March 2016, 13:43   #52
Senior - BHPian

Said the Swift to other hatches: "hey i too got the hexagonal grill".

The rest of the India keeps saying: "you can't go wrong with a(ny) maruti''.

Swift garners record booking, says the news.

Business as usual.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 15:34   #53
BHPian

Not so happy with the new version.
The mid section is the exact same, and I'm doubtful how much of the interiors is going to reach the final production version.

That being said, it's good that MSIL finally decided to revamp the Swift. That design has gone on for ages now!
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:27   #54
Senior - BHPian

The highlight of the original Swift was that the four wheels were at the four corners of the vehicle. That's what gave it the beautiful handling characteristics. Look like that is set to change with this iteration. The Lancer Evo like front end might suit a sedan, but definitely not this hatch. Hope they don't mess up the dynamics the Swift was always known for. Moreover the position of the rear door handles might suit a 3 door hatch better. Not looking good on this one, would prefer the traditional approach.

Last edited by longhorn : 23rd March 2016 at 16:28.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 11:34   #55
BHPian

IMO, the 2017 design looks good if you look at it without a perspective. The Maruti Swift is one of those cars that has been known to young and old for it's symmetrical design. The front, side and rear profiles have always been in proportion.

The 2017 design looks a little unbalanced to me. While the front has got the much required facelift (even though it resembles the Mitsu Evo), the tail lights and the Hatch Door look pretty outdated in context to the front. I hope the tail lights and that hatch door crease is changed to something a little more bulky or to something that is not-so-Datsun.
DeepeshKarnik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 20:00   #56
BHPian

I guess the 'floating roof' concept is going to make it to most of the Maruti cars in due time. The rear of the 2017 swift designs looks bland. More sharp lines would look better IMHO. Swift was/is a trump card for Maruti Suzuki. I hope they upgrade it they way it deserves to be upgraded.
Old 28th March 2016, 12:00   #57
Senior - BHPian

SRK Design renders the 2017 Maruti Swift.

Courtesy: IAB

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-nextgeneration2017marutiswiftrendering.jpg
dZired is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 15:46   #58
BHPian

I would be very interested to know on how the rear seat leg room is handled on this one.
Looking at the size of renderings, my two cents say that it would remain the same as the current one as any increase in cabin space might eat away into BALENO territory.
Old 30th March 2016, 21:14   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

Here are the first images of the 2017 Swift undergoing testing on public road. Appears curvier ( liquid flow theme?) with floating roof design.

It’s expected to be officially revealed before the end of 2016, potentially at the Paris motor show in autumn, and to launch in 2017. A warmed-up Swift Sport model will follow a little later.
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-suzukiswift0.jpg
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-suzukiswift1.jpg
Quote:
Hidden rear door handles evident on this prototype’s upper rear doors, absorbed into the window graphic.
Quote:
Suzuki’s latest 1.0-litre Boosterjet petrol engine is expected to slot into the new Swift – a good thing, if our first drive of the similarly powered new Suzuki Baleno is anything to go by. The larger 1.4-litre Boosterjet, currently found in the Vitara, is also expected to join the range.
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-suzukiswift3.jpg
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-suzukiswift5.jpg
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-suzukiswift8.jpg
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-suzukiswift10.jpg

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-sho...ut-of-the-bag/

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th March 2016 at 21:25.
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 10:16   #60
BHPian

Looks like a grown up Nissan Micra.

Now that they "taking inspirations", Suzuki could have as well used Punto Evo grill and made the car look more appealing
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks