Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2016, 08:47   #91
BHPian

I went to the deAler yesterday. Turns out the test vehicle will be available from today. Probably time mahindra went back to introducing real SUVs and pickups compared to those pansy things they were coming out with recently!
ronk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 10:20   #92
Team-BHP Support

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This would have been a perfect replacement for my Thar as a daily drive.
As a daily drive 6'/18' may not be a good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Is there a 4x2 option? And any pointers to modification that can be done to luggage space? Like to make it fully closed, with locking mechanism et al.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
It's already fully closed and with lock. That what the video showed at least.
There's no 4X2 option. Luggage space is open and what you saw in that video is not part of the standard equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
I had found under-thigh support to be a bit lacking on the rear seats and I am just 5'8''.
Don't know when did you try that out but seats have pretty good support. I'm little taller than 5'8".
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
- 17 " wheels (10" wide)
17" wheel is optional anyway. AutoExpo black V Cross pics are with 17" wheel.

That first video sucks. He said Sri City is 200km from Chennai and it's not. It's only about hour hand half journey from Chennai.
He also said shift on fly can be used for 4L and 4H. It's not. For 4L one needs to stop the car before engaging the switch.
Rudra Sen is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 11:00   #93
Senior - BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Anyone has any idea how the clutch of the Vcross is ? Light or Hard ? Seriously contemplating this as a buy but I have some questions. Someone mentioned that an Automatic is in the pipeline by early start of next year, how true is that?

What about Service ? JDM Isuzu told me I can take it to the Skoda Service stations in Mumbai who will cater to the Dmax's service, is there going to be no dedicated Isuzu Service station in Mumbai ? I rather walk then enter a Skoda Service Station.

Last edited by humyum : 6th May 2016 at 11:15.
Old 6th May 2016, 11:09   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
17" wheel is optional anyway. AutoExpo black V Cross pics are with 17" wheel.

Quote:
That first video sucks. He said Sri City is 200km from Chennai and it's not. It's only about hour hand half journey from Chennai.
He also said shift on fly can be used for 4L and 4H. It's not. For 4L one needs to stop the car before engaging the switch.

Well, you should see other videos from that channel (especially the G63 crazy colour ed review), it is really amusing the kind of standard which exists.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 11:10   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Anyone has any idea how the clutch of the Vcross is ? Light or Hard ?
One of the best and lightest clutch you've probably experienced in this category.
Rudra Sen is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 11:20   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Where did you get the info on 300 nos. When I checked with the dealer in hyderabad, he did not mention anything of this sort. I was waiting to see the vehicle before booking. If true, 300 is too short a number for intro price
Sorry Typo - It is 30 per dealership. I got this information from the dealer. I cannot confirm the authenticity beyond that.
Old 6th May 2016, 11:33   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Sorry Typo - It is 30 per dealership. I got this information from the dealer. I cannot confirm the authenticity beyond that.
I just got the call from Hyderabad Dealer, he mentioned the price still remains the same as the launch day. Car will arrive at the dealership tomorrow or day after. If what you say is true and Hyderabad dealer exhaust his quota, then I will look at Tirupati as an option. (States separating is a pain though)

Today evening I plan to check out Duster, BRV and Creta if possible. Dmax when the car arrives. I see MU7 parked there and one crew cab version in gery

Dmax seems to pull the strings with all the modifications possible. Only worry is the ride quality for personal use. If putting some weight on the loading bay makes it better, I will put a permanent weight there Itching for the test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
What about Service ? JDM Isuzu told me I can take it to the Skoda Service stations in Mumbai who will cater to the Dmax's service, is there going to be no dedicated Isuzu Service station in Mumbai ? I rather walk then enter a Skoda Service Station.
Mahavir motors is the dealer for both Isuzu and Skoda in Hyderabad. We had pretty ordinary experience with them. I was also apprehensive. But I was told by the SA that service is being handled by Isuzu only for now. Cannot comment about Mumbai.

Last edited by indian21r : 6th May 2016 at 11:42. Reason: quoting another post
indian21r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 11:52   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I just got the call from Hyderabad Dealer, he mentioned the price still remains the same as the launch day.
Also mentioned by the dealer that after the introductory offer ends, the price goes up by 2 Lakhs.
Old 6th May 2016, 12:06   #99
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to Viraaj Isuzu, Pune. The info I got is that they have started accepting bookings. The booking amount is a fully refundable Rs. 51 thousand.

The pricing break-up will be available from 10-May. The test drive/demo vehicle is expected by 20-May.
Old 6th May 2016, 12:44   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Also mentioned by the dealer that after the introductory offer ends, the price goes up by 2 Lakhs.
That may or may not be a trick to get as many bookings as possible.
Old 6th May 2016, 12:53   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
That may or may not be a trick to get as many bookings as possible.
Possible. But another colleague of mine contacted them for a booking a while ago and he was told that they are not taking any more bookings in this phase.
Old 6th May 2016, 12:56   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Don't know when did you try that out but seats have pretty good support. I'm little taller than 5'8".
The front seats are good but the rear seats do lack under-thigh support. I tested the rear seats of both V-cross and Imperio double cab quite extensively at the Auto-expo, because I will be buying one of the two for my farm.
I compare them with the rear seats of my Palio and the V-cross definitely falls short. The Imperio on the other hand had superb under-thigh support and completely supported my bottom right till my knees, something I look for when checking out the seats. It's back however was too straight for a comfortable long journey and hence for me, both vehicles' rear seats would need some modifications to make them comfortable enough for me.
Old 6th May 2016, 13:05   #103
BHPian

Dropped today to check Vcross at Noida, sec 63 ISUZU showroom. Its now shutdown and moved to Motinagar Delhi.

Isuzu now dont have presence in Noida and Ghaziabad region.
Old 6th May 2016, 15:22   #104
BHPian

I just got a call from the Chennai dealer, they just received the display car but no Test Drive.
Anyone going to check it out, please post some pics.
Old 6th May 2016, 17:31   #105

Hi,

I checked out the DMax at KUN ISUZU today.

The vehicle is the pre production version (plastic door cladding et al).

Fit and finish though is phenomenal! Quality is top notch and my god it pulls at your strings right from the moment you lay eyes on it!

Being an ISUZU, the engine is brilliant. Could only start the vehicle in the service bay but that itself was proof of the pedigree this truck holds!

The sales person did mention that the production version will come standard with a touch screen audio system with inbuilt GPS (or so he thinks).

Rear legroom is simply superb! I am 5'11 and with the drivers seat set to my requirement, the rear legroom is ample.

Under thigh support in the rear seat is lacking, but thats expected (Even the Totyota Fortuner i feel lacks under thigh support in the rear seat).The seats of the DMax though are really comfortable.

All round visibility is a 10/10. Steering feels very good to hold. The perfect size!

The clutch was extremely light and hopefully remains that way too.

Summing up, the truck is very tempting at the price point and more so that its an ISUZU!
Anil Rajani is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks