Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2016, 17:24   #451
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Today went to Leela Krishna Toyota, Vizag for 1st servicing of my new Fortuner. After successfully compeleting 1000kms without any fuss and niggles.
I was promptly attended by service advisor and delivered the car back within 1:30hrs as promised.
Regarding complaints: I asked them to reduce the sensitivity of headlamps as they were ON for slightest difference in light quality, i.e under the shadows of buildings and trees in broad daylight. Headlights were ON everyday by around 4:00pm here in Vizag with ample daylight by that time. Then after checking, my service advisor told, that was due to the filming of front windshield as the the sensor is placed on the dash, he asked to cut the portion of film near the sensor.
But I told him after reading the manual, it was mentioned that, there is possibility to reduce the sensitivity of headlamps. He told, he too saw that in the manual and don't know how to fix it and will ask Toyota engineer how to fix and will rectify it in next servicing.

Meanwhile met with sales manager and asked about the increase of prices of Toyota vehicals. He mentioned that there would be an increase of 3% to 4.7% and Fortuner especially to the tune of 1.4. Lakhs approx.
Srikanth@raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 18:11   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I just called my dealer and asked for an update on the car.
==========
I will be back in Chennai tomorrow and i will push the dealer for an early delivery.

You can get the 2016 prices if the vehicle vin no has been allotted to you and you have paid the full amount in 2016.
You can register it later in first week of January.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th December 2016 at 18:57. Reason: Please avoid Quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks
dean5545 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 23:19   #453
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanth@raj View Post
Today went to Leela Krishna Toyota, Vizag for 1st servicing of my new Fortuner. After successfully compeleting 1000kms without any fuss and niggles.
I was promptly attended by service advisor and delivered the car back within 1:30hrs as promised.
Regarding complaints: I asked them to reduce the sensitivity of headlamps as they were ON for slightest difference in light quality, i.e under the shadows of buildings and trees in broad daylight. Headlights were ON everyday by around 4:00pm here in Vizag with ample daylight by that time. Then after checking, my service advisor told, that was due to the filming of front windshield as the the sensor is placed on the dash, he asked to cut the portion of film near the sensor.
But I told him after reading the manual, it was mentioned that, there is possibility to reduce the sensitivity of headlamps. He told, he too saw that in the manual and don't know how to fix it and will ask Toyota engineer how to fix and will rectify it in next servicing.

Meanwhile met with sales manager and asked about the increase of prices of Toyota vehicals. He mentioned that there would be an increase of 3% to 4.7% and Fortuner especially to the tune of 1.4. Lakhs approx.
Nice to hear that you had a good 1K km run on your new machine.

Would be very informative to hear about the method to reducte the sensitivity of the auto headlamps.

I noticed this during the test drive. The lights were "switching-on" the moment I drove into a shadow. But, I must confess the Fortuner looks even more awesome with the LED headlights "Switched-on" during day time.

The increase in price is pretty much worrying. My car is expected to leave factory by Wednesday. Should reach Chennai on Friday. Fingers crossed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
You can get the 2016 prices if the vehicle vin no has been allotted to you and you have paid the full amount in 2016.
You can register it later in first week of January.
This was exactly my thoughts.

But, the SA informed me that the RTO will automatically enter the latest Ex- Showroom price as the whole process is now computerised. I will clarify things in person when I get back to Chennai tomorrow.

I will be anyway going in for a G.O number and this will anyway take about 7 days to register the car after the invoice is raised.

I have never been so eager to buy a 2016 car in the closing hours of 2016.

I guess I will use the savings to buy TGA. :-)
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 12:03   #454
BHPian

Zigwheels has posted a comparison between Fortuner and Endeavour.

PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 12:37   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post

But, the SA informed me that the RTO will automatically enter the latest Ex- Showroom price as the whole process is now computerised. I will clarify things in person when I get back to Chennai tomorrow.
Wow, I never knew this will be the case. I am waiting to get mine registered on Jan 2nd or 3rd. I did speak to my dealer and they said there's nothing of this sort and the road tax will be calculated on the invoice value, and not the online system ex-showroom amount. Will confirm this again with my agent as well.

Last edited by Venku2015 : 20th December 2016 at 12:41.
Old 20th December 2016, 15:13   #456
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I did speak to my dealer and they said there's nothing of this sort and the road tax will be calculated on the invoice value, and not the online system ex-showroom amount.
Many states do calculate Tax based on List price but since these will be 2016 MY cars they should logically refer to list for 2016 but mostly they are greedy people and will be eager to implement new prices. You might get 2-3 days before Toyota actually announces the increase and local dealers submit their fresh list price. So you guys need to keep everything ready and make deposits on 1st or 2nd . Of course this is applicable only in states where Tax is calculated on list prices. Others like Chandigarh do consider Invoice price.

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th December 2016 at 15:19.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 01:13   #457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Zigwheels has posted a comparison between Fortuner and Endeavour.
Good attempt by Zigwheels but they got some facts incorrect right from the wrong TORQUE figure, wrong Ground Clearance of the Fortuner & id be finicky enough to say that they picked the wrong thumbnail too as the Fortuner is having the bonnet scoop in the thumbnail pic (Some versions have the bonnet scoop as they are still running old 3L D4D engine, but not in India)

But i agree with their verdict

Last edited by karan561 : 21st December 2016 at 01:31.
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 06:41   #458
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Good attempt by Zigwheels but they got some facts incorrect right from the wrong TORQUE figure, wrong Ground Clearance of the Fortuner & id be finicky enough to say that they picked the wrong thumbnail too as the Fortuner is having the bonnet scoop in the thumbnail pic (Some versions have the bonnet scoop as they are still running old 3L D4D engine, but not in India)

But i agree with their verdict
You have very sharp eyes.

When compared to the Endeavour, the Fortuner loses out on a number of features. The Fortuner feels bare-bones when compared to the Endeavour. Clearly, the Endeavour is more VFM.

The features which are exclusive to the Fortuner are

- Bi-Beam LED Headlights
- Start- Stop/Key less entry
- Steering wheel adjustable for both reach and rake
- Navigation
- "Cooled" second glove box
- Easier Ingress to third row
- Reclining third row seats

Apart from these features, what we get in the Fortuner are
- Toyota's reliability
- Better service & after sales
- Better resale Value

Having owned the previous generation Endy, I'm looking forward to the ownership of the Fortuner and hopeful will experience Toyota's much touted "peace-of-mind"
Old 22nd December 2016, 16:57   #459
BHPian

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

There are two different on road figures from two different dealers in Chennai. If i compare high end variants the difference is almost Rs.39K between the dealers.

Lanson Toyota
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-imageuploadedbyteambhp1482404842.775433.jpg

Harsha Toyota
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-imageuploadedbyteambhp1482404900.908314.jpg

Went to Lanson Teynampet during 1st week of December and yet to get a vehicle for test drive. Only MT was available for test drive.

Made an impromptu visit to Harsha Toyota showroom at Guindy and to my surprise test drive vehicle was available immediately. Also very professional in obtaining feedback on test drive and customer service. In fact got a follow up call on the second day.

Very disappointing to note that I have to follow up with SA of Lanson for test drive vehicle which they are yet to arrange.

On a different note Super white colour looks awesome.

Did another comparison of Endy and T-Fort on the on road price in chennai wherein T-Fort is costlier only by Rs.53K. The top variants of both the vehicles were compared. This can be recovered in just 40k kms and not accounting the difference in periodic maintenance cost - Believe T-Fort maintenance cost would be 50% lower than Endy.

Last edited by couswheels : 22nd December 2016 at 17:01.
couswheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 17:30   #460
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
There are two different on road figures from two different dealers in Chennai. If i compare high end variants the difference is almost Rs.39K between the dealers.
That's because the quote from Lanson does not have the mandatory 1% TCS. I had got quotes from both the dealers and found this difference too.

Quote:
Went to Lanson Teynampet during 1st week of December and yet to get a vehicle for test drive. Only MT was available for test drive.
Lanson Pallikaranai has the 4 X 4 AT. Two days back it met with a major accident and the car is in the body shop now.

Quote:
Made an impromptu visit to Harsha Toyota showroom at Guindy and to my surprise test drive vehicle was available immediately. Also very professional in obtaining feedback on test drive and customer service. In fact got a follow up call on the second day.

Very disappointing to note that I have to follow up with SA of Lanson for test drive vehicle which they are yet to arrange.
I second your views about the difference in follow up from Harsha and Lanson. My Lanson SA from Pallikaranai is good. I chose to go with Lanson Pallikaranai as they quoted a higher price for my Endeavour (6.0 L). Harsha quoted the worst ever price (4.8 L) for my car. If you are looking at exchanging your old drive, i would advice you to sell it on olx.in instead of giving it to these guys. I ultimately sold it at 8.6 Lakhs on Olx.

Quote:
Did another comparison of Endy and T-Fort on the on road price in chennai wherein T-Fort is costlier only by Rs.53K. The top variants of both the vehicles were compared. This can be recovered in just 40k kms and not accounting the difference in periodic maintenance cost - Believe T-Fort maintenance cost would be 50% lower than Endy.
Can you post the price list of the Titanium 3.2 4x4 AT here please. The Endeavour comes loaded with many more features when compared to the Fortuner. Even things like illuminated scuff plates are standard in the Endeavour, whereas we have to shell out 22 K for these in a Fortuner.

Historically, the service costs of Fortuner have been lower than the Endeavour. The reliability of the Toyota is impeccable. Hope this legacy continues.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 17:40   #461
BHPian

Here you go

Latest Endy price in Chennai
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-imageuploadedbyteambhp1482408602.140971.jpg
couswheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 17:51   #462
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here you go

Latest Endy price in Chennai
Attachment 1587691
The difference in price is indeed only around 50 K. I guess the 70K price increase of Endeavour on 1st Dec 2016 has narrowed down the gap.
Old 23rd December 2016, 18:41   #463
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Cross Posting from another thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4114848

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Haha! Yes, the Fortuner will be up sometime in January. However, it wasn't our team in the Jeep. IIRC, it was a young couple who'd just taken delivery (Jeep showroom is at the other end of the Sealink).
The wait just gets longer.

MODS - Since we have waited so long, please do include a comparison with the Endeavour, wherever possible.
Old 23rd December 2016, 20:25   #464
BHPian

New fortuner unladen ground clearance is 184 mm as per the information given to my friend by the Toyota dealer and Toyota Executive. But i am really confused whether they have reduced the GC for ride comfort, then that means they have compromised on the off road capability.

Last edited by pjegadeesh : 23rd December 2016 at 20:45. Reason: Spelling and grammatical error
Old 23rd December 2016, 20:59   #465
BHPian

I liked both of them. Both are good, love to own both of them, but could not. Leela Krishna Toyota offered me good price for my old T Fortuner, otherwise I would have considered buying ford endeavour. So, at last went ahead and bought new Fortuner and more over, I drove both of them, felt like owning both of them.
Today I parked my new Fortuner right behind new endeavour in beach road,Vizag. For me both look stunning in their own ways.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_4803.jpg  

Srikanth@raj is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks