Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2017, 13:16   #511
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Guys,
My ownership thread is in Assembly line and since i will take sometime to complete it, here are some of the pics taken on 9th Jan 2017, at the time of delivery.
Congrats MAS on finally taking deliver of your Fortuner

Will look forward for the ownership thread now, Enjoy !
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 13:31   #512
BHPian

These are few pictures just taken now to have a view of the painting work carried out on cladding of my new Fortuner and also the 3D mats which were aptly fit without any gaps, though they are expensive than 5D mats. And these 3D mats are available easily as they are one and same size used in Innova crysta. They cost me around INR 8500/-
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_5602.jpg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_5603.jpg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_5604.jpg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_5606.jpg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_5607.jpg  

Srikanth@raj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 13:12   #513

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks for your reply, can u ask your showroom accessory department which color they used on the center cladding as it looks more like Metallic Grey than Silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanth@raj View Post
Hi sunny,
Yes, it won't be visible without paint work, as yours is superior white, you can try different colour combination with your cladding.
And answer to your question, simply they sticker the grove part of the lettering, i.e letter insert, and simply paint and remove the sticker.
Old 13th January 2017, 20:24   #514
BHPian

Hi sunny,
It's silver colour only, as my car is in the cellar, picture is little dark.
Any how, as your car is white, reverse the combination and metallic gray in the place of silver or just reverse the combination. It's just my opinion.
Srikanth@raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 21:06   #515
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Today I took the car for fitting the remaining accessories (Side cladding, fender mirror, foot lights and illuminated scuff plates). The car was delivered in 3 hours time.

The side cladding and the fender mirror can be seen here.

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-screenshot_20170113205501.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_16977 View Post
Hi Srikanth,

Thanks for your reply, can u ask your showroom accessory department which color they used on the center cladding as it looks more like Metallic Grey than Silver.
Hi Sunny,

That is the default colour of the side cladding. For a white car, the silver is usually painted into matching white, which looks good. Unfortunately, it Black "Fortuner" lettering is also painted white.

A closer look at my car's side cladding painted white.

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-screenshot_20170113205456.png

As I write, my car has just been adorned with PPF in the front and the back bumpers. The bonnet is too long and 3M does not have the 5 ft PPF roles in India.

Front
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img20170113wa0014.jpg

Back
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img20170113wa0027.jpg

RE70 films were also fixed to the sides and rear glass panels.

I always go to 3M Nandanam. Dushy is a wonderful person and I like his honest and transparent way of dealing with customers.
MAS is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 21:44   #516
BHPian

Quote:
As I write, my car has just been adorned with PPF in the front and the back bumpers. The bonnet is too long and 3M does not have the 5 ft PPF roles in India.

Front
Attachment 1594963

Back
Attachment 1594964

RE70 films were also fixed to the sides and rear glass panels.
Hi MAS,
Actually I'm planning to take my car to 3M care on Monday, which was recently opened in Vizag, hardly less than half km to my place. I don't know the skill of the guys working in this 3M care here. Plz give details of the costs involved on the jobs carried out by 3M on your Fortuner. It's safe and better to have PPF done on bumpers in today's traffic chaos
Old 14th January 2017, 00:12   #517
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi MAS,
Actually I'm planning to take my car to 3M care on Monday, which was recently opened in Vizag, hardly less than half km to my place. I don't know the skill of the guys working in this 3M care here. Plz give details of the costs involved on the jobs carried out by 3M on your Fortuner. It's safe and better to have PPF done on bumpers in today's traffic chaos
Hi Srikanth

All the guys at 3M are trained by 3M Bangalore. The skill sets should be pretty similar everywhere. Don't worry.

The PPF costs Rs. 500/sqft + Tax. I generally put PPF on the bumpers, head lights, ORVMs and bonnet. But since 3M did not have 5 ft wide PPFs, I only put them on bumpers, headlights and ORVMs. In all 38 sq ft. Putting on PPF gives a lot of piece of mind and makes driving mentally more relaxed. The PPF saves us from the bikers in city and stone hits on the highway.

I also put on RE70 sun films for the sides and rear. Choose the reflective instead of CR70 as the dark interiors of the Fortuner will make it look darker and may end up attracting cops. Cost me 6490 + Tax.

Keep us posted

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th January 2017 at 09:24. Reason: Corrected rate as per request.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2017, 14:58   #518

Hi MAS,

Had a talk with 3M guys here in Thane they said they dont recommend installing PPF on white color cars as after a year it becomes slightly yellowish & is only visible on white colored cars, dont know if he has the knowledge as i never installed PPF before.

Quote:
Hi Srikanth

All the guys at 3M are trained by 3M Bangalore. The skill sets should be pretty similar everywhere. Don't worry.

The PPF costs Rs. 500/sqft + Tax. I generally put PPF on the bumpers, head lights, ORVMs and bonnet. But since 3M did not have 5 ft wide PPFs, I only put them on bumpers, headlights and ORVMs. In all 38 sq ft. Putting on PPF gives a lot of piece of mind and makes driving mentally more relaxed. The PPF saves us from the bikers in city and stone hits on the highway.

I also put on RE70 sun films for the sides and rear. Choose the reflective instead of CR70 as the dark interiors of the Fortuner will make it look darker and may end up attracting cops. Cost me 6490 + Tax.

Keep us posted
sunny_16977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2017, 19:46   #519
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_16977 View Post
Hi MAS,

Had a talk with 3M guys here in Thane they said they dont recommend installing PPF on white color cars as after a year it becomes slightly yellowish & is only visible on white colored cars, dont know if he has the knowledge as i never installed PPF before.
They are right. PPF has moderate light fastness characteristics and tend to yellow a bit on ageing.

The new PPFs introduced a couple of months have much better light fastness than those compared to earlier ones. Since my car is Pearl white, the change in colour with time will not be seen.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 07:58   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These are few pictures just taken now to have a view of the painting work carried out on cladding of my new Fortuner and also the 3D mats which were aptly fit without any gaps, though they are expensive than 5D mats. And these 3D mats are available easily as they are one and same size used in Innova crysta. They cost me around INR 8500/-
Congratulations Srikanth
Nice colour too.

From Where in Vizag did you pick those 3 D mats?
Will they fit the Innova too (being on the same platform)?

Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 16th January 2017 at 07:57. Reason: Typo
Old 15th January 2017, 08:36   #521
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Toyota vehicles are simply frightfully over priced in India!
Man! Breaching the 40 Lac mark for a Brand new Fortuner!
Thats MAD!

Now the used Fortuner market will heat up even more on account of demand being driven up on account of this kind of pricing when brand new.
Normal people like most of us here can only aspire/ afford an used Fortuner.
Bulletproof reliability sure comes at a high price these days!
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 11:47   #522
BHPian

Toyota business strategy is spot-on, from 'their' perspective. Raise prices of new Toyota vehicles, so high (e.g. New Fortuner to INR 40L+-) that the used car Toyota market also sees some of this 'profit-sharing'. Customers of used Toyotas are then very happy that, they get a much 'better' resale price for their used Innovas & Fortuners (even for the ones crossing 1 lakh km mark), than they otherwise would have got. This group of customers actually says, 'thank-you' (in a way) to Toyota for this strategy.
geotracks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 12:57   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Congratulations Srikanth
Nice colour too.

From Where in Vizag did you pick those 3 D mats?
Will they fit the Innova too (being on the same platforn)?

Thanks
Hi
I brought them from Autobhan Vizag. Actually those mats are meant for Innova crysta. I asked them to order mats for my new Fortuner, then he rang up someone and after talking to them, he said both platform/layout design of New Fortuner and Innova crysta are same. They are aptly fit to my new Fortuner.
Old 15th January 2017, 19:54   #524
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Guys, just drive down from Chennai to Bangalore. Covered the distance of 360 kms in 5 hours flat.

The car was amazing to drive and was rock solid on the highway.

The approx rpm at various speeds
100 kmph - 1500 rpm
110 kmph - 1600 rpm
120 kmph - 1800 rpm

This low rpm gives the Fortuner long legs with immense, relaxed cruising capabilities. This mile munching also gives great mileage.

I got 14 kmpl for my entire trip to Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-screenshot_20170115185745.png  

Last edited by MAS : 15th January 2017 at 20:00.
MAS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 19:59   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This low rpm speeds gives the Fortuner immense, relaxed cruising capabilities.
I got 14 kmpl for my entire trip to Bangalore.
Did you check the FE by tank-to-tank method?

Have to admit that FE figures (from MID) look good.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks