Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2016, 16:23   #436
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
The service quality of Ford has improved a lot. In-fact I have a second generation Fiesta which is completely Biege and after 8 years the interiors are infact like new.

Good to know.

I owned the following Fords in the past 9 years
- Ford Fusion - Beige Interiors - Had a tough time keeping it that way, especially after service
- New Ford Fiesta - Dark Blue/Grey interiors - No problem
- Ford Endeavour - Beige Interiors - Had a very tough time. Had to instruct the service guys to put plastic seat covers every time i took it to service.

Hence, i speak from my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_the_Don View Post
Spotted a white Fortuner after realizing that it's not the Hyundai Santa-Fe that I thought it was. No rear badging to help except the dull fortuner pressed on the tailgate chrome handle and the tail lamps are very Hyundai'sh. I loved the alloys though proper size with gun metal finish. Honestly I didn't find it as intimating as the previous generation, another beast tamed IMO.
You are right Ajay. I saw two Fortuners yesterday and both were 4x2 versions, Super White. They did not look any bit intimidating and were pleasant on the eyes. Darker colours look more intimidating than white.

Last edited by MAS : 16th December 2016 at 16:26.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 21:03   #437
BHPian

Hi all,

I am unable to decide between the new Fortuner and Endeavour. Ford has increased its prices in response to Toyota, and while the earlier costs favour Endeavour, it is not the case anymore.

I have a better feeling for Endeavour during the test drive, I also believe it will sell less and therefore be a rarer car on the road, but Toyota has huge reliability factors even if they have a slightly inferior product.

Any other perspectives to this ? My budget is 34.
Old 17th December 2016, 22:50   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
Hi all,
I have a better feeling for Endeavour during the test drive, I also believe it will sell less and therefore be a rarer car on the road, but Toyota has huge reliability factors even if they have a slightly inferior product.

Recent interaction with SA revealed only 5 fortuners have been delivered in a month by the dealer. He was open in mentioning that demonetization had its effect on the sale. Also not sure how many of 5k bookings got converted into deliveries. SA promised delivery in 25 days which indicates the actual sales nos. Hence the exclusive factor might be applicable for fortuners too.
couswheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 23:38   #439
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
Hi all,

I am unable to decide between the new Fortuner and Endeavour. Ford has increased its prices in response to Toyota, and while the earlier costs favour Endeavour, it is not the case anymore.

Any other perspectives to this ? My budget is 34.
Hi Prateek

It is purely a personal choice and based on your needs and priorities.

I chose a Fortuner over the Endeavour mainly because of Toyota's bullet-proof reliability and better service capabilities in Chennai. I would like to keep the car for a longer period of time and IMO Toyota would be easier to own as it ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
Recent interaction with SA revealed only 5 fortuners have been delivered in a month by the dealer. He was open in mentioning that demonetization had its effect on the sale. Also not sure how many of 5k bookings got converted into deliveries. SA promised delivery in 25 days which indicates the actual sales nos. Hence the exclusive factor might be applicable for fortuners too.
Lanson Pallikaranai alone has delivered more than the numbers you have mentioned. Demonetization has definitely affected sales adversely, but the demand for Fortuner continues to be very strong. 1924 Fortuners vs 562 Endeavours were despatched in November to their respective distributors.

In spite of the high despatches and ill-effects of Demonetization, my Fortuner booked on 21 st November is yet to be despatched.

Shortly, more and more Fortuners will be seen on the road. The Endeavour will have the "Exclusive" factor.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 01:18   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post

I chose a Fortuner over the Endeavour mainly because of Toyota's bullet-proof reliability D

Few of my friends own Innova and haven't heard of any issues with the vehicle. However with too many niggles being reported in the other thread by Crysta owners would like to reserve my comments on Toyota's reliability at this point of time.
couswheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 09:24   #441
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
Few of my friends own Innova and haven't heard of any issues with the vehicle. However with too many niggles being reported in the other thread by Crysta owners would like to reserve my comments on Toyota's reliability at this point of time.
The pervious generation Innova, Fortuner and the Endeavour were reliable as they were came with bare minimum electronic gadgetry.

The latest iterations are loaded with a lot of electronics and due to the environmental conditions, I expect some niggles to crop up.

Going by my past experience on niggles/problems and the capability/incapacity of the service guys to sort out the problems, I have booked the Fortuner.

Only time will tell, how reliable/unreliable these vehicles turn out to be and we are in the right place to witness the action.
Old 18th December 2016, 17:28   #442

i have booked a 4x2 Auto 2017 Fortuner from Millenium Toyota Thane, it is supposed to be delivered by the end of Jan or early Feb as promised by my SA, but when i spoke to him regarding taking Insurance from elsewhere he bluntly declined and said its not allowed, Have anyone in Mumbai done insurance by others on their Toyota Cars pls Help.
Old 18th December 2016, 18:18   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_16977 View Post
i have booked a 4x2 Auto 2017 Fortuner from Millenium Toyota Thane, it is supposed to be delivered by the end of Jan or early Feb as promised by my SA, but when i spoke to him regarding taking Insurance from elsewhere he bluntly declined and said its not allowed, Have anyone in Mumbai done insurance by others on their Toyota Cars pls Help.
This happened with me too here in belgaum and I politely requested them thrice but they did not accept to get insurance from outside. My next step was to raise a compliant at Toyota Customer care and after that the dealer agreed plus sent me a apology letter within 3 days for the inconvenience caused. Trust me Toyota really tightens up their dealers if a compliant is logged. Go ahead and log a compliant and you will save huge bucks.
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 18:56   #444
BHPian

When can we expect the t-bhp review of the new Fortuner?
Old 19th December 2016, 08:30   #445
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can always get the insurance done outside. In the meanwhile, did your dealer inform you about the 3% price increase from 1st Jan 2017?
Old 19th December 2016, 12:07   #446

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
You can always get the insurance done outside. In the meanwhile, did your dealer inform you about the 3% price increase from 1st Jan 2017?
He told me that there will be some increase in prices but they are not aware of the exact figures as of now, i thought of buying a 2016 made fortuner after i got the news of the Jan price increase but to my dismay there isnt any stock left
Old 19th December 2016, 13:49   #447
BHPian

For everyone's information
Lakozy Toyota Malad(west) Mumbai has a silver 4x4 MT in stock.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 14:04   #448
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He told me that there will be some increase in prices but they are not aware of the exact figures as of now, i thought of buying a 2016 made fortuner after i got the news of the Jan price increase but to my dismay there isnt any stock left
I just called my dealer and asked for an update on the car. The car is yet to leave the factory. I am now worried as we are sailing close to 2017 and i may end up paying the new price, which will be 1.2 Lakhs extra.

I have asked the SA will the old rates will be applicable if
- Toyota despatches the car in 2016
- I make the entire payment in 2016 and
- I take the delivery in 2017.

He said that he will check and get back.

I will be back in Chennai tomorrow and i will push the dealer for an early delivery.
Old 19th December 2016, 16:09   #449

I Just checked with Lakozy Toyota Malad (west) Mumbai, they have the new brown color available with them in 4x2 Auto, i had zeroed on Super White but this new brown color looks goods too i guess or may b i m too afraid of the Price hike
sunny_16977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 17:15   #450
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I Just checked with Lakozy Toyota Malad (west) Mumbai, they have the new brown color available with them in 4x2 Auto, i had zeroed on Super White but this new brown color looks goods too i guess or may b i m too afraid of the Price hike
The Dark Brown colour looks good. Check out the car before going ahead with the purchase.

Congrats on advance
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks