Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2016, 12:44   #301
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Took a back to back drives of Fortuner & Innova, Fortuner has improved considerably on overall comfort, there is far less rolling and the suspension is supple. Brakes are simply outstanding and one will need to put far less pressure than the old one. They have changed rear bench 60 : 40 the other way, over the last one which should give a wider seat to the guy sitting behind the first passenger which is the most preferred position when travelling alone with the driver. Don't know if this was based on feedback or something else. Now coming to the overall driving feedback, I was disappointed the way it makes too much sound when pressed hard irrespective of the speed. Besides overall view and steering feel is nothing to feel good about.

Though I have seen many people buying Fortuner for being chauffeured around, perhaps due to status symbol or road conditions or the extra power it had over the previous Innova but for the first time I feel if someone has money and wants something for rear seat it is a good alternative to Innova

But someone who needs an Automatic SUV for self-use, Endeavour will be a far better option. I haven't driven manual as those are still not available so this is purely for persons looking automatics.

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th November 2016 at 12:47.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 13:43   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
You mean it is better on offroad?
Off-road as well as on-road. It shifted when it was needed. I find the Endeavour's A/T gearbox to be the sole downer. It takes it's own time.
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 13:58   #303
Team-BHP Support

A relative of mine picked up a black Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Automatic. First one in Mangalore - so the dealer took out a newspaper ad.

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-fortuner.jpg
SmartCat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 18:32   #304
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
A relative of mine picked up a black Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Automatic. First one in Mangalore - so the dealer took out a newspaper ad.
Congrats to your relative!!!

Smart move by the dealer.

While i eagerly wait for the official review of the New Fortuner by our Mods, since the deliveries have begun, i hope to see Ownership reviews on T-Bhp soon.

God willing, i will be booking the New Fortuner on Monday, 21st Nov 2016, but i will take delivery of a 2017 manufactured car in Jan 2017.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 19:46   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Congrats to your relative!!!

God willing, i will be booking the New Fortuner on Monday, 21st Nov 2016, but i will take delivery of a 2017 manufactured car in Jan 2017.

I too want to book 2017 made Fortuner but the dealer here in Thane (Mumbai) says I can get delivery only in February or March.
Old 18th November 2016, 21:52   #306
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_16977 View Post
I too want to book 2017 made Fortuner but the dealer here in Thane (Mumbai) says I can get delivery only in February or March.
Your dealer is trying to push you to buy a 2016 manufactured car.

SInce the Fortuner is made in Bangalore, how long will it take for a 2017 manufactured car to reach the Showrooms? A week to 10 days at the most!!!

I'm sure Toyota would also plan their production as per the orders received. They would be aware that 2017 is just around the corner.

With the demonetization of 500 and 1000 rupee currency notes, the showroom guys have seen a big lull in Fortuner bookings.

At this point of time, the customer is the KING.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 14:50   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

During my interaction with some senior Toyota officials at the Fortuner 4x4 event which i attended last weekend id like to add that the 1st initial lot of Fortuners will have the Engine and transmission imported & will not be locally made at the new GD series plant here in India.

Thought this information should be vital for prospective buyers & a key to chose the manufacturing date advantage or a locally assembled engine.

All the best
karan561 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 00:42   #308
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
During my interaction with some senior Toyota officials at the Fortuner 4x4 event which i attended last weekend id like to add that the 1st initial lot of Fortuners will have the Engine and transmission imported & will not be locally made at the new GD series plant here in India.

Thought this information should be vital for prospective buyers & a key to chose the manufacturing date advantage or a locally assembled engine.

All the best
Oh wow. That is something. But with the Innova Crysta already selling with the locally made 2.8L 6 Speed AT, I'm not sure why would Toyota work on this strategy.
Old 20th November 2016, 07:11   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Oh wow. That is something. But with the Innova Crysta already selling with the locally made 2.8L 6 Speed AT, I'm not sure why would Toyota work on this strategy.

TKM might not have achieved the production capacity to supply the 2.8 ltr engine for the Fortuner.
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 20:34   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I was surprised myself but the reason as dean5545 mentioned below can be one of the explanations for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
TKM might not have achieved the production capacity to supply the 2.8 ltr engine for the Fortuner.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 10:42   #311
BHPian

My first post on the Fortuner thread & I did not want it this way though

Fatal accident involving the new fortuner This would perhaps be a interesting discussion on the vehicle abilities & this could happen to any car too & none is an exception.
Old 21st November 2016, 11:11   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
My first post on the Fortuner thread & I did not want it this way though

Fatal accident involving the new fortuner This would perhaps be a interesting discussion on the vehicle abilities & this could happen to any car too & none is an exception.
There could be any number of reasons for an accident to take place. The best designed and strongest car would not survive the physical impact of an accident as severe as that.

Let's not speculate and await more details on that accident (currently it is only a Whatsapp forward).
noopster is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 17:40   #313

Guys do you think the sales of the Fortuner will pick up? Will they ever go back to the 1300 units per month glory days? Seems unlikely. I think they will climb up to around 850 units per month levels
mihirgadre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 18:07   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihirgadre View Post
Will they ever go back to the 1300 units per month glory days? Seems unlikely. I think they will climb up to around 850 units per month levels
A little difficult for the new Fortuner to match the old one in terms of number of units sold.

Reason:
1. The Ford Endeavour is a formidable opponent
2. The Innova Crysta is powerful, has the option of an automatic, is feature loaded and cheaper.

That being said, there'll be people who want the exclusivity factor associated with the Fortuner.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 19:56   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
A little difficult for the new Fortuner to match the old one in terms of number of units sold.

Reason:
1. The Ford Endeavour is a formidable opponent
2. The Innova Crysta is powerful, has the option of an automatic, is feature loaded and cheaper.

That being said, there'll be people who want the exclusivity factor associated with the Fortuner.

At the significantly higher price point, and considering the already high margins on this product, my hunch is that T would be satisfied even with 850-1000 sales.

However there's already a waitlist on it so those numbers seem sure to be broken at least short-term.

Pity the Hexa won't be in the same consideration set for consumers as the T Fort because of reliability/ brand / longevity concerns. Looks like a great alternative.
torquing_points is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks