Old 11th December 2016, 23:31   #421
YCJ

Originally Posted by Srikanth@raj View Post
I came to the show room 11:00 am in the morning and by 4:00 pm all the process was compeleted to deliver my car meanwhile I asked my friend to bring my son Anirudh to the showroom.
Wow man that was quick!
You went in for a service and bought home a new car altogether!
Congratulations!
Hope your T-Fort serves you for a long time.:thumbup:
YCJ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 01:58   #422

Re: Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14

Yes, this time it should serve me for minimum 4 years or until next update of this new generation Fortuner.

After driving just little more than 500kms of my New generation Fortuner, A quick comparison of old and new generation Fortuner, in my terms actually there is no comparison New one is absolutely awesome, design wise, engine is smooth, pedal shifters are excellent and day time running lights gave a very premium look with a good design of Led tail lamps. Suspension improved very much with little or no rattling sounds, but speakers on this new Generation fortuner are average.

After taking delivery, next day on 28th immediately took my car to Autobhan car accessories which is owned by my friend Mr Krishna murthy, there I got filming done on my Fortuner including front wind shield with garware icecool sheild with 80% visibility which costed me around 18k, 3D mats 8k, and a set of horns which costed around 1k.

On 29th of Nov again went to showroom for fixing cladding to my Fortuner which I ordered at the time of delivery and also to fix rear step garnish. Which costed me around cladding 19000/-, rear step garnish 6000/- in showroom. And now with cladding Fortuner looks awesome.
On 30th went to simhachalm temple for Pooja which is on the hill top, the ride and the way this new Fortuner effortlessly climbed the hill top road is very interesting, engine noise entering cabin is also low compared to previous generation Fortuner.
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_4374.jpg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_4351.jpg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_4529.jpg  

Srikanth@raj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 03:21   #423
MAS

Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
Finally my New Fortuner 4x4 Automatic was delivered today at 11.45am by M/S Shodha Toyota, Belgaum. The SUV was kept 100% ready as promised and all the paper work was done without any hassles. Today being Sunday, my entire family was happy to take the delivery of the beast and was a Sunday well spent.
Congrats Venku.. Wish you a million kms of happy and safe motoring.

Originally Posted by sunny_16977 View Post
Congratulations Venku for owning the Fabulous Fortuner, just need to know is it 2017 manufactured or 2016 ?
Fortuner does maintain its value with time, but is not a time-machine (yet!!)

Originally Posted by Srikanth@raj View Post
Recently bought new fortuner from Leela Krishna Toyota, Vizag.
Actually exchanged my May 2016 model 4*2 automatic Fortuner to get all new generation Fortuner and to my surprise, I got 27lakhs for my old car in exchange.

Then finally within a day without prior booking I got my new generation Fortuner on that fateful day.

I felt I'm soo lucky to get the my new generation Fortuner without prior booking and getting good price for my old car on exchange.
Wow Srikanth. Wish you a million kms of safe and enjoyable ownership. This is a dream-come-true experience, where you drover in the old car and drive out the New Version.

- 27 Lakhs for the old Fortuner is amazing. How much did you buy it for in May 2016?
- From White to Brown. Do you see any difference in maintenance requirements?
- Did you get the 4x2 AT or MT (say the pics and the alloys were 17 inch - Hence 4x2)
- Since you have been owning and driving both the avatars, what do you see the advantages and disadvantages of the New Fortuner vs the older version (Albeit, 7 months ~ 10K kms)
MAS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 07:30   #424

Thank you very much MAS

In May 2016 I bought this car for 32 lakhs inclusive of accessories.

From white to brown, it is a very difficult decision for me, my heart says brown, but everyone known to me told to take white including my wife except my son Anirudh, also there is no white colour at that time in the showroom and they promised to deliver within 2 days if I opted for white. But I followed my heart and my son.

And maintenance wise brown is difficult as Vizag's climate is humid, catches dust easily and sticks to the car like gum, dusting will be difficult. But I have already used white colour. So this aspect dominated my decision making. After driving this car, I felt that old car is a bit sluggish though both cars are tanks. Interiors are absolutely awesome in new generation Fortuner. But previous generation Fortuner's external looks are very intimidating.

My previous Fortuner and new generation Fortuner are both 4*2 automatic.

Primary reasons for the instant success of old Fortuner is the aggressive and muscular styling, large exterior dimensions and Toyota’s brand value. However, all wasn’t right and there were issues about the inadequate braking efficiency and lack of features. And this braking issue is well sorted out in the new generation Fortuner, with lots of safety features. I loved the new generation Fortuner interiors and there is no comparison with Innova Crysta at all regarding interiors and they are completely different. But previous Fortuner is not like that as Innova and old Fortuner interiors are similar. I have compromised with the old Fortuner as there is no other alternative and reliable car at that price point. But initial ownership experience of new generation Fortuner is awesome and time should say of future niggles. I have little fear of niggles as this new generation Fortuner has many more electronics than the previous one. And will come up with few more differences and advantages of new Fortuner than the old one.
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_4677.jpg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_4675.jpg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_4678.jpg  

Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14-img_4674.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 13th December 2016 at 08:09. Reason: Multiple typos. Please use a spell checker before posting.
Srikanth@raj is offline   (8) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 12th December 2016, 09:32   #425

Many Congratulations Srikanth, that is some event in life that you walk in with old Fortuner and drive out with a new Fortuner on the same day!!

Looking forward to seeing your ownership thread here, with comparisons between old and new Fortuners!!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 11:05   #426

Originally Posted by sunny_16977 View Post
Congratulations Venku for owning the Fabulous Fortuner, just need to know is it 2017 manufactured or 2016 ?

Sunny,

Apologies for laughing out on your query initially as i enquired and got to know some manufacturers offer next year production kits in December, which was a surprise to me as well. Not sure if Toyota does that though
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 12:06   #427

Thank you everyone for your support and best wishes, which is required in abundance during any new acquisition

Special thanks to karan561 and MAS for pouring in latest news on the new fortuner right since this thread was created few months ago.

I am planning for front windshielf film, 3d or 5d mats which amazon is selling here:
http://www.amazon.in/Auto-Hub-Premiu...+fortuner+2016

Does anyone have any idea of these 5D mats?

Plus I will need a cover for this beast which I couldn't source online, any references here?

There are plenty of long drives planned this month and eagerly waiting to take the beast out on highway. Will keep you all updated soon.

Until then, drive safe and cheers!
Venku2015 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 13:15   #428

Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Sunny,

Apologies for laughing out on your query initially as i enquired and got to know some manufacturers offer next year production kits in December, which was a surprise to me as well. Not sure if Toyota does that though
No problem Karan, i got bit surprised by the comments though, i was informed by my friend who does car finance for a living for the past 15 years that at times Car manufacturers starts the production for the next year beforehand in order to meet demands of the new year manufactured cars
sunny_16977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 22:39   #429

Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

[*]In 4x4 high, the central differential locks up. This is STRICTLY to be avoided on proper tarmac, to avoid any transmission damage.
The new 2016 Fortuner looks like a step up in most aspects be it Power, comfort, handling, features but Toyota has cleverly done a major cost cutting in the 4X4 version by removing/eliminating the central differential.

The older/outgoing Fortuner had a full time 4X4 system with a lockable central differential and a lockable rear axle differential (no lock on the front axle differential though). With the central differential unlocked normal driving mode, the outgoing Fortuner was in permanent 4 wheel drive safely usable on Tar/Bitumen roads.

On the new 2016 Fortuner (4X4 version), Toyota have made it a part time 4X4 and it has no central differential. Just a transfer case, two drive shafts and front and real axle differentials.

On hard pavements/bitumen roads, in the part time 4X4, due to the absense of the central differential, engaging H4 or L4 will lead to transmission/drivetrain windup/damage due to differences in the RPM of the front and rear axles especially during turns.

The central differential is an expensive component and I believe this a major cost cutting measure by eliminating it in the part time 4X4 newer Fortuner.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 13th December 2016 at 23:04.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 00:34   #430

Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The older/outgoing Fortuner had a full time 4X4 system with a lockable central differential and a lockable rear axle differential (no lock on the front axle differential though).
The old Fortuner (India Edition) has limited slip center differential, which can be locked. But it doesn't have lockable rear differential, nor does it have limited slip rear differential.

This was discussed back in 2009.
Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 01:14   #431
MAS

The old Fortuner (India Edition) has limited slip center differential, which can be locked. But it doesn't have lockable rear differential, nor does it have limited slip rear differential.

This was discussed back in 2009.
Thank you for settling this issue once and for all.

By the way, i hope the Official Review of this New Fortuner is just round the corner. It is now 5 weeks since the truck was launched and our hunger to read the official review has peaked.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 09:47   #432

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post the same message on multiple threads. It counts as SPAM.

Last edited by GTO : 19th December 2016 at 13:04.
anumod is offline   (5) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 16th December 2016, 11:40   #433
MAS

Originally Posted by anumod View Post
People who are looking for a real SUV, go to Ford Showrooms, the better truck is available with huge Discounts to clear the 2016 inventory. Trend is available with Below Discounts
1. 5.99% Interest or 1.08 L discount
2. Loyalty Bonus (Only Endy to Endy) or Exchange Bonus of 1 L
3. Can Bargain for more based on the month of Manufacture, An august manufactured car in Bangalore is getting another 62K in the form of cash discounts and Extended Warranty.

Once we add up all these things, the on-road price of Trend 2.2 AT and 2.2 4X4 MT is coming to 26.5 (With third Year Extended warranty) for Bangalore and Hyderabad. that is a stealth deal . I am sold fully .. If you are planning to Keep the car for another 5 Years, no look back, this is the time to Buy and this Car
Thanks anumod.

Though the offer from Ford is extremely tempting, i will stick to the New Fortuner.

Ford is trying their best to woo customers and are surely selling decent number of Endeavours. Hope Ford improves/equips/educates their service centres to service the Endeavour well. With light beige interiors, the interiors are going to end up dirtier with each service

Last edited by MAS : 16th December 2016 at 11:43.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 12:59   #434

Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Thanks anumod.

Though the offer from Ford is extremely tempting, i will stick to the New Fortuner.

Ford is trying their best to woo customers and are surely selling decent number of Endeavours. Hope Ford improves/equips/educates their service centres to service the Endeavour well. With light beige interiors, the interiors are going to end up dirtier with each service
The service quality of Ford has improved a lot. In-fact I have a second generation Fiesta which is completely Beige and after 8 years the interiors are infact like new.

Last edited by GTO : 19th December 2016 at 13:01. Reason: Typos
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 14:36   #435

Spotted a white Fortuner after realizing that it's not the Hyundai Santa-Fe that I thought it was. No rear badging to help except the dull fortuner pressed on the tailgate chrome handle and the tail lamps are very Hyundai'sh. I loved the alloys though proper size with gun metal finish. Honestly I didn't find it as intimating as the previous generation, another beast tamed IMO.
Ajay_the_Don is offline   (1) Thanks