Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 08:40   #556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post
Hi Omargra, where on the fiat-india site did you see this info? I could not see it despite all my efforts.
It's right there, in the middle, on the front page

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post
Just tired of Linea Launch. This news has been there for more than 1.5 years now and still no definite date. What on earth is Fiat waiting for?

I think I will end up buying NHC-2008.
Look at it like this - just under sixty days to go now - after having patiently waited for so long, at least see what they offer with the Linea before buying the Honda City'2008.
Attached Images

Old 3rd November 2008, 09:28   #557
BANNED

HEY MR JOE might escape FIAT'S wrath!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
That is something for which Fiat should sue him for. He has used the brand name/information etc.. And reproduced it in another website which is serious infringement of copyright laws etc..
Calling that good work is not good.
My opinion.

Wrong (probably?), illegal data! That's definitely not something sweet to munch on!
This was mentioned on the bottom of fiatlinea.co.in page :
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. Whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Copyrights for all brand names, product names used above belongs to their respective owners viz FIAT India Ltd.

so technically he cannot be sued and anyways we know the launch month so we do not have to fret on what he has published. If Fiat choses another domain other than this then he would have wasted his money on this. There is still www.fiatlinea.in or www.fiat-india.com/linea.aspx or www.fiatlinea.com/in or www.fiatlineaindia.com. So we will have to wait and watch.

CR

P.S. dont click any of the above mentioned sites they might not even work or exist!
Old 6th November 2008, 19:43   #558
BHPian

500 for sure rocks in France. I am in paris from last 4 days and i have seen atleast 10 Fiat 500 with my limited commute.

Having eyetreat with different models from car makers across globe. With so much competition still Renault rules the roads here, just like MUL in India.

From fiat stable, got to see, 500, PUNTO (2 door and 4 door), BRAVO, Old UNO. I am not quite impressed with the looks of Punto. IMO, just by looks Palio scores better over punto.

From suzuki stable got to see, Swift, Splash, Grand Vitara (DDiS).
Old 12th November 2008, 11:42   #559
Senior - BHPian

Fiat has confirmed the launch of Fiat Linea in December, also the engine options and price band, more here:
Quote:
Italian automotive major Fiat India Automobile (FIA) will launch its new mid-size sedan Linea in December.
Quote:
FIA CEO Rajeev Kapoor told ET: “We are optimistic that the market will improve in the last quarter of this year. We have pushed back new launches as the series of government initiatives are likely to bear fruit and improve sentiment by then. So, we will launch our new cars at an appropriate time.”
Linea will be available in 1.3 multi-jet diesel engine and 1.4 FIRE petrol engine. It will roll out from Fiat’s newly established Ranjangaon plant in Maharashtra and will be in the price band of Rs 6-8 lakh. Grante Punto, another locally assembled model from the Fiat stable, was supposed to be launched in December and will now come in the first quarter of 2009. Next in line is its luxury hatchback Bravo, whose launch timing is yet to be finalised.
“We are operating jointly with Tata Motors. There has been a spate of launches, including Tata’s new cars. As our vehicles are jointly marketed with Tata Motors we want to space our launches and do not want to confuse customers with frequent roll-outs. Both these cars are volume products. We aim to clock sales of 2,000 Lineas every month, so a right market strategy is being pursued,” Mr Kapoor added.
Car majors postpone launches- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Last edited by finneyp : 12th November 2008 at 11:44.
Old 12th November 2008, 12:05   #560
BHPian

Why doesn't ET quote some source when he says that Linea will be available in 1.3 MJD and 1.4 Fire petrol? This kind of information has always wreaked confusion again and again. Either Fiat should come out clear or Media should just stop mentioning anything without a proper quote.
Old 12th November 2008, 20:30   #561
BHPian

The Launch is scheduled to be on 29th This month.
Old 12th November 2008, 20:47   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Straight from the Horse's mouth, there we are
A long wait finally over
Thank you Fiat
Old 12th November 2008, 20:57   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any confirmed source for this?
Old 12th November 2008, 22:58   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Any confirmed source for this?
muneemmk works for Fiat
Old 13th November 2008, 00:09   #565
BHPian

Got training at Mumbai from Monday to Wednesday, not sure weather the launch will be on 29th or 23rd this month will conform by tomorrow evening.

Have got some comparison sheets to be filled up ,main comparison between the ANHC,Verna,Fiesta,SX4. so they are really targeting only this segment.

I got a vouge feeling that the Package will be a little less than we expected.
Old 13th November 2008, 00:29   #566
BHPian

woow
hope what u say is true muneem.
is the 1.3mjd tuned fofr 90bhp?
anything less than that will be a drag
Old 13th November 2008, 00:39   #567
BANNED

guys...i think the pricing is bang on. in terms of size its a D segment car, even a bit longer than civic/corolla and looks great too. even at 8 lacs for the fully loaded model, its great.
Old 13th November 2008, 01:30   #568
BHPian

Gr8!

Seems to be great package!!! Wish Fiat launches the Linea by these dates!
Old 13th November 2008, 01:42   #569
BHPian

Quote:
I got a vouge feeling that the Package will be a little less than we expected.
I just hope Fiat does not dissapoint this time around.
Old 13th November 2008, 07:16   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Got training at Mumbai from Monday to Wednesday, not sure weather the launch will be on 29th or 23rd this month will conform by tomorrow evening.
Whichever one is the correct date, I'm happy. Thank you moneemmk. Wish you all the best for you job (mean, a good sale)

Last edited by opendro : 13th November 2008 at 07:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks