Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:15   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I don't know anything. I'm just hoping that they made some change in engine line up. The hope increased after I read the engine specs of the Brazil Linea and after ANHC surprised everyone.
Brazil is a different story altogether. Before launching Linea in Brazil, they specified the exact date on which it would be launched, and almost about 15 days before the launch, they began a blog site on which the designers and important people involved in the making of Linea blogged about the car.

In India, we do not even know the launch date, let alone the blogs.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:49   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Brazil is a different story altogether. Before launching Linea in Brazil, they specified the exact date on which it would be launched, and almost about 15 days before the launch, they began a blog site on which the designers and important people involved in the making of Linea blogged about the car.

maybe they actually have some efficient management there. FIAT, how about exporting the Brazil top brass here and sending your guys here packing? Its not like anyone will miss them
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:54   #423
BHPian

Quote:

Fiat India is different, I agree. But one point I cannot miss is that no one knew about the Brazil Linea engine specs before those pre-launch buzz came out. I don't have much doubt that Fiat didn't plan anything great for the Indian version. I'm just speculating that they might have planned something lately. And we might have blogs and launch dates as well when it is about to be launched (which is December based on ACI October issue reports). Trying to see logic to these idiots.
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:11   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Trying to see logic to these idiots.
Wish you all the luck! Do let me know if you happen to see any.
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:32   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Trying to see logic to these idiots.
I am sure you will find the meaning of life faster

Opendro, u and me are in the same boat. Even i am looking at Linea/G3HC. I gotta get my car at least by Dec 1st week. I would have preferred the Linea - but with all hype and no further news on launch (i mean official news - every Tom, Dick and Harry were claiming "scoop" of Linea launch from July ) i might as well not bother. Anyway, i will wait till end of this month as i wont book the car without driving the G3HC.
Old 3rd October 2008, 19:27   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe because Fiat is among the largest car makers in Brazil. The Palio slugs it out with cars like the Corsa and VW Gol and Fox out there and actually manages to outsell them in many months of the year.

Quote:
maybe they actually have some efficient management there.
Fiat Brazil also has some very nice adverts for their cars that can be seen on youtube. What a difference compared to India where they don't advertise about their cars EVER and if they do it's in jerks and gaps.
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:54   #427
BHPian

I had used the CEO corner in FIAT India web site to put in my comments and guess what ? Today , I got a reply with a signature telling "Rajeev Kapoor".Now I have my apprehensions on whether he would have replied himself, but am all the more happy that I have got a response.
here goes the mail..

fromceodesk <ceodesk@fiapl.com>
to "my email was here, removed for privacy issues"
dateFri, Oct 3, 2008 at 7:23 PM
subjectRE: CEO Corner Comment
hide details 7:23 PM (4 hours ago) Reply

Dear Joe,
Let me assure you that as per our plan we would be launching Linea this year. As for the details of the cars and prices, these would get updated on our website as we progress towards the launch. Rest be assured we would try to be competitive with the market.

Regards,
Rajeev Kapoor

Hope they will keep the word and launch Linea at the earliest
Old 4th October 2008, 01:47   #428
Senior - BHPian

Nice diplomatic reply. So is he talking about calendar year or financial year, when he says "this year" ?
Old 4th October 2008, 10:34   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Nice diplomatic reply. So is he talking about calendar year or financial year, when he says "this year" ?
That's a good one

Anyway I hope it's calendar year, and have to hand it out to them, they atleast replied to Joe's query.
Old 4th October 2008, 10:37   #430
Senior - BHPian

If they are so close to the launch (between October to December, by their own admission) then why can't they give a date yet? 'Launching it this year' means they can launch it tomorrow too. Why are they so evasive or secretive about the possible date of launch?
Old 4th October 2008, 10:46   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
autoenthusiast : Anyway I hope it's calendar year,...
One calendar year, starting from the date of the reply ?

Fiat's got to get over it's pitiful performance. Atleast for the sake of those beauties they have. The behaviour (even though un-intentional) is criminal.
Old 4th October 2008, 11:01   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
If they are so close to the launch (between October to December, by their own admission) then why can't they give a date yet? 'Launching it this year' means they can launch it tomorrow too. Why are they so evasive or secretive about the possible date of launch?
I think they waiting for SX4 Diesel launch! On a serious note i don understand why they need to give 3 months period for launch date! I think they need to learn from Toyota by atleast updating their site with launch dates or countdown.
Old 4th October 2008, 13:19   #433
Senior - BHPian

So Fiat India CEO confirms Linea will be launched 'this year', what is preventing him to disclose the month and day?
Old 4th October 2008, 13:49   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I think they waiting for SX4 Diesel launch!
Karan, I seriously doubt if there would be an SX4 Diesel launch this year. I have followed the thread here - looks to me more of wishful thinking.
Old 4th October 2008, 13:55   #435
Senior - BHPian

mods i seriously think this thread has reached its logical end. we can open a new thread once linea is launched and continue all discussions about it whenever it is launched! otherwise its only speculation on a car that is yet to make it to the market!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks