Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 19:55   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
The email I received a week ago on enquiring about Linea mentioned that it is going to be launched towards the mid of this year. I'm confused though what he meant. We are already in the mid of the year.
I had a similar response from them and please note it says middle of this financial year. If their financial year starts April, then the launch should be in September, as per the information from other members!
Old 11th June 2008, 19:59   #272
Senior - BHPian

All we can now ask is.. "competitive pricing"
Old 11th June 2008, 21:34   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Yup It should be launched around Sept. I had mailed Fiat about launch details & they said sometime around 2nd half of this year. I was like we already are in 2nd half. Sept - Linea launch, Oct- NNHC launch what more could any one ask for !
I just hope those dates are accurate because i am banking on Linea to become available. More delay, more stupid it makes me feel

My worst nightmare would be to buy a swanky new salon and then have a new model of the same car become available next month. That is worst than a discount cut when you buy a new car. I am going to write to them, lets see if they reply any different.
Old 12th June 2008, 10:44   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijat View Post
I just hope those dates are accurate because i am banking on Linea to become available. More delay, more stupid it makes me feel
Me too banking on Linea. Just in case, I have listed Hyundai Avante and Toyota corolla (new) among diesels. Have not thought about a petrol one.
Old 12th June 2008, 11:21   #275
Senior - BHPian

Oops, had responded to a really old post all the way from 2006, therefore editing it as its really not relevant anymore.

Last edited by Lalvaz : 12th June 2008 at 11:27.
Old 24th July 2008, 17:12   #276
BHPian

Today, I was reading in Times Auto (they changed the name to something else, I forgot). Alfa Romeo churns out 130bhp from 1.3 JTD. Oh! My goodness. How much more they can do on that 1.3 JTD!!
Old 1st August 2008, 20:25   #277
BHPian

Good News....Fiat Linea is in Bangalore. I heard its in the Stock Yard of Concorde Motors on Mysore Road.

Concorde Motors Mysore Road will be the only showroom in Bangalore selling Fiat Linea as per the news. They have already started renovating & decorating the showroom for the same.

If somebody stays near Mysore Road, please try some photos.

OT: One more Hotnews, Tata Safari new model is coming in end of 2009 or early 2010. It will be coming with 2.6ltr engine & fully new interiors.

regards
deepak
Old 1st August 2008, 21:31   #278
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info Deepak ! Correct me if im wrong the Linea & GP were showcased in the Mysore Road showroom few months back. I think one of our members had posted the pics.
Old 2nd August 2008, 15:16   #279
BHPian

well deepak thats right the all new tata safari is going to come next year-date not confirmed though. a few members know that my close relative works for TML he told me about it.

well and abhijat good news for you-linea launching end of aug. so you can back on that well let me tell you (considering you have done your homework well about the C-segment diesels) that jetta is way expensive than linea, engine specs 1.3L mjd and 1.6Lmjd-well im not sure about the 1.9L mjd ( correct me if i'm wrong). about the GP no idea whens the launch date.
Old 2nd August 2008, 23:21   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Today, I was reading in Times Auto (they changed the name to something else, I forgot). Alfa Romeo churns out 130bhp from 1.3 JTD. Oh! My goodness. How much more they can do on that 1.3 JTD!!
130 bhp from 1248cc diesel. Its 104.16 bhp / ltr ! The last I knew was 100bhp for Lancia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Good News....Fiat Linea is in Bangalore. I heard its in the Stock Yard of Concorde Motors on Mysore Road.

Concorde Motors Mysore Road will be the only showroom in Bangalore selling Fiat Linea as per the news. They have already started renovating & decorating the showroom for the same.

OT: One more Hotnews, Tata Safari new model is coming in end of 2009 or early 2010. It will be coming with 2.6ltr engine & fully new interiors.
Any confirmed dates for Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy77 View Post
engine specs 1.3L mjd and 1.6Lmjd-well im not sure about the 1.9L mjd ( correct me if i'm wrong). about the GP no idea whens the launch date.
So they are coming up with three diesel motors! Good news for Fiat-Tata and bad for others. I hope that the 1.3, 1.6 and 1.9 are all equiped with VGT.
Old 3rd August 2008, 10:03   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy77 View Post
well deepak thats right the all new tata safari is going to come next year-date not confirmed though...

well and abhijat good news for you-linea launching end of aug...
Any idea about the pricing ?

Mod's Note: Two huge paragraphs of quote to throw in a 5 word query? Please do pause and think once before you do this the next time. Its bad board etiquette.

For this once we have edited the quote for you.
Old 3rd August 2008, 20:59   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Thanks for the info Deepak ! Correct me if im wrong the Linea & GP were showcased in the Mysore Road showroom few months back. I think one of our members had posted the pics.
Those showcased a couple of months ago were left hand driver seat cars. I would be keen if those stoked now are right hand drive ones. Anybody has any further news on it?
Old 4th August 2008, 11:36   #283
tez
BHPian

lets see if they are able to price is lower/equal to than fiesta D? More than that might be trouble. BUT it all depends on the engine specs being provided
Old 4th August 2008, 11:47   #284
Senior - BHPian

I personally feel the petrol versions (base at least) should start in the Dzire category going all the way to Fiesta Diesel category. This will help Fiat to garner a greater share of the market with its two motors. This is a dream though and a wish that FIAT full fills it.
Old 4th August 2008, 12:28   #285
BHPian

@ tez-no dude the diesel linea's going to be higher than fiesta diesel-petrol may be equal to a fiesta but not diesel-its got a lot of goodies to it. linea's going to be under 10lacs
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks