Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 15:18   #316
Lij
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio80 View Post
Has anyone received a message regarding unpaid cases being sent to Lokpal? My wife got such a message today, asking for payment to be made by some date in March or be present in front of the Lokpal for the case.
I had received similar message in Nov 2021 for a violation done in Mar 2021. Violation occurred just after the Khandala Ghat tunnel in Satara on way towards Mumbai. I never received any traffic violation message all this while and was surprised to see the message of Lok Adalat notice.

You can pay up the fine online before the actual Lok Adalat hearing date and avoid the presence in person.
Old 23rd February 2022, 09:28   #317
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide

150 motorists fined through e-challan system for traffic violations in Kalyan Dombivli.

Quote:
Around 150 motorists were fined on the first day of implementing the e-challan system in Kalyan-Dombivli in which action is taken against traffic violators.

Under the Smart Kalyan Dombivli Development Corporation Limited (SKDCL), the e-challan systems integrated with the signal system in the city was inaugurated on Tuesday. An integrated command and control centre has been set up at the KDMC headquarters to monitor the traffic movement across the city. It will register the violations online and accordingly e-challans would be sent to the violators by the traffic department.

SKDCL had installed traffic signals at 10 major chowks in Kalyan-Dombivli. These include Prem Auto Chowk, Adharwadi Chowk, Khadakpada Circle and Kolsewadi in Kalyan.
Source: https://www.hindustantimes.com/citie...544614772.html
Old 23rd March 2022, 11:45   #318
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai Police - Follow Traffic Rules awareness updates.

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-smartselect_20220323114725_twitter.jpg

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-20220323_114046.jpg

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-20220323_114049.jpg

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-20220323_114052.jpg

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-20220323_114057.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 23rd March 2022 at 11:48.
Venkatesh is offline   (50) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 10:27   #319
BHPian

I would prefer a police force which is less witty but more stringent on implementation of the laws they like to make meme's on.

Wrong side driving has become such a menace in Bombay and people have no qualms over breaking laws. All the implementation is done in south Bombay only, suburbs are left to run on their own or with gods help.
click is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 10:37   #320
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
I would prefer a police force which is less witty but more stringent on implementation of the laws they like to make meme's on
You do know that it is not actual cops that sit around tweeting or posting on social media, right. With almost all social media accounts (be it for political parties or such Govt. organisations, even corporates), there are dedicated social media / marketing companies that manage these accounts. Just the theme is provided and it is these companies that create the content, which is posted post approval.

Here you go:
https://www.india.com/video-gallery/...weets-4774487/
libranof1987 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 15:47   #321
Senior - BHPian

We can cut them some slack. Our Govt. agencies are extremely devoid of any humor or satire otherwise and if someone is trying something like this (its genuinely funny tbh) we should encourage them.

Who doesn't want a little flair and wit in their life? I for one, fully welcome these hilarious tweets. "Royals on field, wear your crowns." Fantastic! Whoever did it, also put in efforts to match the type face of brands being referred. Well done.
amol4184 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 12:16   #322
BHPian

Got a couple of msgs in early April this year (2022) about Lok Adalat and some traffic violation in MH. Never went to MH this year or for the last 12 months. So, thought that this was one of those 'your case in Delhi high court and we are the lawyers trying to save you - send our fees' kinda spam message and ignored.
Similar msgs appeared after a week and this time, the link had my vehicle number. That's when I got curious and checked the link on a secure laptop (again, being doubly sure about not getting infected by a virus/trojan/whatever). Saw a notice from Maharashtra police with BIG legal words and, 3rd page had details of me over speeding in Jan and Feb 2021 - once somewhere near Virar and the other near Sarola (on Mumbai Bangalore highway after Satara - yeah, had to google it) WOW! They sent a notice after an year!
I did travel a couple of times on this route last year between these months but not sure of the time I might have passed these 2 places. Anyways, since, I believe I was 'over speeding', and did not know/want to challenge (to save my time) I ended up paying for these 2 violations.
Hope govt agencies have this efficiency/perseverance in other depts as well
Old 28th April 2022, 14:07   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

I thought I read here that letting the challan go to lok adalat lands up getting dismissed or half the fine later to pay online?

I just checked one of my car fines after 9 months and there are 6 speeding tickets on the expressway by my driver. All are 10% over the limit. However, 4 of the fines at Rs.1000 and one fine is Rs.2000
Same way on an another car of mine where I have not put 0 to make the plate complete 4 digits I have been fined Rs.500 twice and then Rs.1500

How are fine amounts for the same offense being increase randomly?

Since total amounts are now big, should i ignore it and over time they will reduce it to a smaller amount? Def want to use an online method and do not want to waste time with any physical appeals to RTO or court.

Last edited by Sahil : 28th April 2022 at 14:08.
Old 28th April 2022, 14:16   #324
BHPian

Recently I have received an sms which says that "Maharashtra police invites you to pay your Traffic Challan through the Online Lok Adalat, via Sama, Click here: (url link)". Clicking on that link one page tries to load up and never does.

I checked on maharashtra traffic police e-challan site with my vehicle number which shows there is no challan pending. Pretty confusing.

Has anyone ever received any such sms and is it really authentic. Appreciate members responses.
SSD2122 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 14:51   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
Recently I have received an sms which says that "Maharashtra police invites you to pay your Traffic Challan through the Online Lok Adalat, via Sama, Click here: (url link)". Clicking on that link one page tries to load up and never does.

I checked on maharashtra traffic police e-challan site with my vehicle number which shows there is no challan pending. Pretty confusing.

Has anyone ever received any such sms and is it really authentic. Appreciate members responses.
I recollect when I got a challan for the first time, 5 years ago, I received a SMS on the mobile within 2 hours of the incident. This time, two months back, I was fined for over speeding, however, no SMS even after 15 days. While I have also checked with my other known folks, most claimed to have never received any SMS. Call it my gut feel, just because I drove a long distance, Satara to Mumbai, I thought of checking on the official website, and there was a speeding challan waiting to be paid.

I wonder if someone never bothers to check, can they challenge the penalty? Also, I don't seem to understand this logic of no SMS when mobile details are available.
Old 28th April 2022, 14:57   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

How are fine amounts for the same offense being increase randomly?

Since total amounts are now big, should i ignore it and over time they will reduce it to a smaller amount? Def want to use an online method and do not want to waste time with any physical appeals to RTO or court.
Fines have been increased a while back, hence the difference in amount for earlier fines and those later on.

There is no formal policy in place to reduce the fines. They may or may not conduct a drive where they reduce the fines, but there is no indication of the same rather there may be interest payable on accumulated fines after a certain period of time or worse : have them show up at your door or harass the driver during a routine naka bandi (I've been stopped a couple of times entering / exiting the city post covid but been let go as I'm fully paid up - but I've seen them active even on Sundays at the sealink checking random vehicles including a F90 M5).
Old 28th April 2022, 22:30   #327
AZT
BHPian

Got a 2k fine for speeding on the Mumbai-Pune express way. Wanted to contest it but you have to go the RTO I think and forgot about it.

Received the Lok Adalat message with some legal sounding wording. Figured it's best to just pay instead of receiving some notice and then bribing the cops. No clue what would have happened if I ignored that Lok Adalat notice to show up.
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:51   #328
BHPian

Hello friends,

I recently received an incorrect challan on my 2 wheeler wherein the evidence provided by Mum Traffic app is not of my vehicle. There is a minor difference of one alphabet in the number of both these vehicles and the challan has incorrectly landed on my vehicle :(

I had received a SMS about lok adalat but has no further details of where to go for this lok adalat in Mumbai.

I have raised a grievance on the app and also emailed the same to the traffic police email id but the challan still shows as grievance status in Process.

What should be done, should I wait for the grievance to be resolved ?

What is the process of this lok adalat ?

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 2nd May 2022, 14:11   #329
BHPian

Received a speeding fine on Mumbai Pune Expressway for driving at 109 kms per hour instead of 100 kmh speed limit.

Funny thing is, I was aware of the camera position on this stretch and had set the cruise control on my BMW to 99 kmh. Its obvious that their cameras are not accurate and they are wrongly fining people.

In most foreign countries you get a leeway of 10% before you are fined to make up for this error.

Its obvious our Mumbai Police thinks their system is perfect and cannot make a mistake. I have raised a grievance on the MTP website. Don't have much hope though.
manishk123 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 15:10   #330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post

Its obvious our Mumbai Police thinks their system is perfect and cannot make a mistake. I have raised a grievance on the MTP website. Don't have much hope though.
Only way to to challenge the fine in court and seek proof that the cameras are regularly calibrated. A lot of cases have been upturned like this abroad so nowadays cops need to produce certification of calibration every 6 months.

Some cameras used to flash continuously beyond a threshold and along with graduated markings on the road, establish the speed of the car
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks