Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2022, 10:29   #331
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
Recently I have received an sms which says that "Maharashtra police invites you to pay your Traffic Challan through the Online Lok Adalat, via Sama, Click here: (url link)". Clicking on that link one page tries to load up and never does.

I checked on maharashtra traffic police e-challan site with my vehicle number which shows there is no challan pending. Pretty confusing.

Has anyone ever received any such sms and is it really authentic. Appreciate members responses.
Finally after many tries, clicking on the link opened the page and best part is it was a traffic violation done by someone else and a picture of his car. Nothing matches with me or my car, hence I found no e-challan when I checked. So somewhere someone carelessly punched an incorrect mobile number (unfortunately mine) and hence I got this sms.

Am sure there would be dozens of such incorrect sms being sent across the board. The basic purpose of such a system put in place stands defeated due to such incompetency.
SSD2122 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 17:16   #332
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Hello friends,

I recently received an incorrect challan on my 2 wheeler wherein the evidence provided by Mum Traffic app is not of my vehicle. There is a minor difference of one alphabet in the number of both these vehicles and the challan has incorrectly landed on my vehicle :(

I had received a SMS about lok adalat but has no further details of where to go for this lok adalat in Mumbai.

I have raised a grievance on the app and also emailed the same to the traffic police email id but the challan still shows as grievance status in Process.

What should be done, should I wait for the grievance to be resolved ?

What is the process of this lok adalat ?

Regards
Dieseltuned

I had two fines for my 4 wheeler. When I clicked images, one was a rickshaw and the other was a goods vehicle. In both it was the mistake of a single digit on the number plate. I searched the Mah Traffic app there is an option for grievance (just search a bit you'll find it). I used the option and filled the form along with proof and within 48 hours both my challans were cancelled.

So, there is hope.
sachinwadhwani is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 13:08   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinwadhwani View Post
I had two fines for my 4 wheeler. When I clicked images, one was a rickshaw and the other was a goods vehicle. In both it was the mistake of a single digit on the number plate. I searched the Mah Traffic app there is an option for grievance (just search a bit you'll find it). I used the option and filled the form along with proof and within 48 hours both my challans were cancelled.

So, there is hope.
Thank you for your response, I have raised the grievance and also emailed them almost 10 days back but still it shows in Process. Not sure how to proceed now :( any thoughts ?

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 6th May 2022, 13:54   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your response, I have raised the grievance and also emailed them almost 10 days back but still it shows in Process. Not sure how to proceed now :( any thoughts ?

Regards
Dieseltuned
This is the step by step process that I followed. Open app Mum Trafficapp - log in using mobile and OTP - check 'My E-challans' if your challan is still showing as unpaid alongwith image proof - then go back to main page and go to 'Grievance' and at bottom right youll see a + sign = go to that + sign and follow the steps.

Hope this helps,
sachinwadhwani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 20:46   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello friends,

I recently received an incorrect challan on my 2 wheeler wherein the evidence provided by Mum Traffic app is not of my vehicle. There is a minor difference of one alphabet in the number of both these vehicles and the challan has incorrectly landed on my vehicle :(
I was in a similar predicament around 4 years ago. Cops fined my Hyundai Verna for being parked in a no-parking zone and a picture of Hyundai Creta was uploaded on the Vahaan site. I sent them a mail (1-2 mails) with a photo copy of my car's registration stating clearly that the car is a Verna and the car they wanted to fine was a Hyundai Creta. I followed up with a call to their helpline and they informed me that it will get updated in a few days. After 15-20 days the fine against my car was cancelled and I received confirmation in the mail for same.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-challan.gif  

sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 20:54   #336
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai Traffic Police has decided to run the No Honk Day campaign every Wednesday.

Quote:
Traffic divisions will take action against those who honk for no good reason. Our volunteers will be at junctions with placards to drive home the point.
Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-20220601_205307.jpg

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-20220601_205459.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 1st June 2022 at 20:56.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 22:59   #337
BHPian

Maharashtra: 6 RTO services to go ‘faceless’, online from June 2, 2020

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...campaign=cppst

Another great move. Should have been done long ago. Better late than never.
TSIched'Out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 09:43   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I was in a similar predicament around 4 years ago. Cops fined my Hyundai Verna for being parked in a no-parking zone and a picture of Hyundai Creta was uploaded on the Vahaan site. I sent them a mail (1-2 mails) with a photo copy of my car's registration stating clearly that the car is a Verna and the car they wanted to fine was a Hyundai Creta. I followed up with a call to their helpline and they informed me that it will get updated in a few days. After 15-20 days the fine against my car was cancelled and I received confirmation in the mail for same.
My grievance has also been resolved now and the challan has been cancelled. I received a SMS to claim the refund of INR 500 fine i had paid against the incorrect challan.
Dieseltuned is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 18:55   #339
BHPian

Does anyone know why this comes? I am just unable to pay a fine because of this error
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-capture.png  

Old 13th July 2022, 11:21   #340
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Does anyone know why this comes? I am just unable to pay a fine because of this error
Does the same thing happen if you use another device / mobile?
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 08:09   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Does the same thing happen if you use another device / mobile?
Hey, I have tried different cars as well as browsers & mobiles (IOS/Android). So what's happening is that it initially logs in and then after sometime it probably times out and then when I try to log in it throw in that page without showing any specific error.
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 18:18   #342
Senior - BHPian

According to Mumbai Police, anyone not wearing a seatbelt in a car or has passengers not wearing a seatbelt shall be punished.

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-20221014_181713.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 11:34   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post

Ironically I got 2 of these fines in a matter of a week - blemishing my almost clean record.
The first one was on 18th Dec, the second (the one in question) was a few days later. The website allowed me to make the payment for the first one around end-Dec, but the second one (the later dated one) was shown as 'Sent to Court' with no fine amount mentioned.
Hi lamborghini,

It's been nearly a year since your post, but did you eventually pay the challan that was "Sent to Court"? I've got 1 challan for parking in a supposedly no parking zone (which was paid online) and another for overspeeding that was "Sent to Court". What should I do about this one?

Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 13:34   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zv777 View Post
Hi lamborghini,

It's been nearly a year since your post, but did you eventually pay the challan that was "Sent to Court"? I've got 1 challan for parking in a supposedly no parking zone (which was paid online) and another for overspeeding that was "Sent to Court". What should I do about this one?

Thanks
To be honest, I actually ended up selling the car shortly after.

Since there was no fine amount mentioned, not much that could be done about it.
Old 12th April 2023, 00:42   #345
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am still receiving e-challans for my car which I sold nearly 2 years ago through Spinny. The car has been transferred to the new Owner but I am still getting the challans. Is there any way to correct one's mobile number on the Parivahaan website? I would like to insert the number of the new Owner and remove mine. I have informed Spinny about this several times but they are least bothered.

Thanks & Regards,
SS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks