Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2018, 17:55   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
I bought a used car with fines pending. Surpisingly it got transferred to my name with the fines still unpaid. Now that this facility is not available how do I pay the fines.
Go to a nearby traffic police unit/ chowky and speak with those guys. They will have a card machine for payment and can check out your pending fines as well via their devices directly.
Old 23rd August 2018, 17:55   #227
PPS
Senior - BHPian

re: Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
That is why get your cell number linked as soon as possible.
How is one supposed to do that? Is there such a provision in the MTP app?
I never did any of it. My number i guess was stored when i had checked the fines against my vehicles during the initial days when the website was up. In some of the challans, offenders number is shown as mine when the real offender has been my driver!

Quote:
I bought a used car with fines pending. Surpisingly it got transferred to my name with the fines still unpaid. Now that this facility is not available how do I pay the fines.
Make the previous owner pay the fines! Why should you be paying them when you were not even legally the owner of the vehicle.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 18:15   #228
BHPian

re: Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide

Quote:
I would not recommend you paying the fines from the previous owner. You have to take action now and write to them with the transfer date and show them the previous dues are not your liability. Its actually strange how your vehicle got transferred without the previous dues still pending but well, anything is possible in our RTO system.

Off topic= A strange RTO incident: Last year when I had visited the RTO to get one of the vehicle transferred, they said Driving License is not a valid address or identity proof this is how unsure they are about their own system, so yes well anything is possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
How is one supposed to do that? Is there such a provision in the MTP app?
Yes you can add your mobile via the MTP app. Or a simple email / letter to the RTO would also suffice to get your mobile number added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I never did any of it. My number i guess was stored
Also note that they can pick the mobile numbers to send fines from the insurance copy too if you have given your mobile number while renewing your vehicle insurance / PUC.

Last edited by The Great : 23rd August 2018 at 18:19.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 22:55   #229
BHPian

Quote:
How could you transfer the ownership to your name with dues pending? Usually, they ask you to clear the dues before ownership transfers etc.
Old 24th August 2018, 01:07   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
How could you transfer the ownership to your name with dues pending? Usually, they ask you to clear the dues before ownership transfers etc.
Thats what I don't understand. How could they issue noc with fines pending. I got to know about the fines after the transfer when I checked with the MTP app. I didn't get the RC but online records show that the transfer is completed.
Old 24th August 2018, 09:32   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Thats what I don't understand. How could they issue noc with fines pending. I got to know about the fines after the transfer when I checked with the MTP app. I didn't get the RC but online records show that the transfer is completed.
It could be the case that MTP and RTO are not connected.
Old 29th September 2018, 18:03   #232
BHPian

Is the website not working?
I have been trying to open the website for the last 15days.
Paytm does not allow me to enter the vehicle no?

Is there another way?
Old 29th September 2018, 23:16   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Is the website not working?
I have been trying to open the website for the last 15days.
Paytm does not allow me to enter the vehicle no?

Is there another way?
Seems they have changed the system. you need to check your details through the app now.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/mumbai...ct-celebrities
Old 30th September 2018, 00:57   #234
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.cs View Post
Seems they have changed the system. you need to check your details through the app now.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/mumbai...ct-celebrities
The app is useless, it says mobile number does not match so it it's not possible to add vehicle. My car was puchased in 2015 so it means they don't even maintain last 3 years records properly...
Old 30th September 2018, 10:21   #235
BHPian

well the news item quotes this -

Quote:
It soon emerged that cars registered to famous celebrities including Bollywood actors and politicians had unpaid challans. The list of violations included speeding, jumping the signal, driving into no-entry zones and not halting in front of zebra crossings.
To protect the identity of these celebrities, the e-challan system no longer allows you to search using the vehicle number.
it is pretty clear that there are some vested interests here who would really not want to show their violations as it is pretty embarrassing. Had read about some news articles which had details of celebrity violations. On the flip side though there are also privacy issues involved as one could search for practically any number.

So the easier process has been made difficult. But with this also the amount of fines collected will go down as most of the people wouldn't even know if they have a challan.
Old 8th October 2018, 14:11   #236
BHPian

Tried using the MTP app on iphone but it seems to not work at all. Anyone else having this issue ?
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 16:22   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Tried using the MTP app on iphone but it seems to not work at all. Anyone else having this issue ?

It has been a while,since the option to enter vehicle number is missing on the iOs App too. I deleted the app a few weeks ago, as there is no way to find out pending challans anymore.
Old 8th October 2018, 17:26   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
It has been a while,since the option to enter vehicle number is missing on the iOs App too. I deleted the app a few weeks ago, as there is no way to find out pending challans anymore.
I too checked just now and found that my car details are missing. I'm unable to re-insert my car number and get a message to try again later. I use Android, so it looks like a glitch across both platforms.
Old 8th October 2018, 17:39   #239
BHPian

So I purchased a new car recently, my number is registered to everything because I get messages from Waahan, so I'm assuming its my registered number. Now I'm sure I've racked up more than one ticket on the Sea Link but haven't got any messages, nor can I check online (for any other car too) as I don't have challan numbers.
Old 10th October 2018, 12:55   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
I too am having the issue. Every time I try and register or say "forgot password" the app says PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER

After the MTP disabled entering car details on their website, there is no way to check whether any fine has been levied.

Hope someone is listening

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks