Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2017, 11:06   #421

Mod note: Post edited, please avoid creating back to back posts. Wait for moderator approval to edit the original post. Thanks.

There are a ton of them available on aliexpress.com. Based on your needs you can purchase. Search for "Car DVR android".

I have ordered a new one. I guess part of the problem was that the OBD adapter was a Chinese clone which may not support all modes. Have ordered the original. Will update when the stuff reaches home...

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st August 2017 at 11:16. Reason: Back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 21st August 2017, 22:05   #422
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Did a 558 kms round trip from Chennai to Kumbakonam and back; went yesterday and returned today. The roads from GST to KMB are uniformly bad whether you take the left after Vikravandi Toll Plaza or the Ulundurpet to KMB route. Once you hit GST it's a breeze. Mileage: 14.6 kmpl. Here are some pics; all iPhone7plus... Journey time is 5-6 hours with breaks for a meal. Distance from Chennai to Kumbakonam is 271kms, via vikranvandi and 308 kms via Ulundurpet. Started 6.45 am reached 12.45 pm Sunday (via Vikravandi) at Kumbakonam and then started at 1pm today and reached by 7.15pm (via Ulundurpet) Monday. Went for a family function and ended up driving almost 12 hours in the last 48 hours and plus socializing, was kinda hectic, indeed.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-4957_filtered.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-4964_filtered.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-5147_filtered.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-5148_filtered.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-5154001_filtered.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_5161_snapseed_filtered.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-5088_filtered.jpg  

Last edited by Durango Dude : 21st August 2017 at 22:28.
Durango Dude is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 16:30   #423
BHPian

Honda design used to be nice and Toyota just so so. But these days Toyota is coming up much better design (ex. New Innova, Fortuner). But Honda is coming with more of the same added with chrome belts at the front, thick and thicker. BRV, WRV all look the same!

There is no new tech also. No smart hybrid, dual clutch gear boxes, projector headlamps, auto wipers/headlamps or anything that is clear value add. They are dishing out minor incremental updates and expecting sales.
LandCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 21:41   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Honda design used to be nice and Toyota just so so. But these days Toyota is coming up much better design (ex. New Innova, Fortuner). But Honda is coming with more of the same added with chrome belts at the front, thick and thicker. BRV, WRV all look the same!

There is no new tech also. No smart hybrid, dual clutch gear boxes, projector headlamps, auto wipers/headlamps or anything that is clear value add. They are dishing out minor incremental updates and expecting sales.
The city has LED headlamps (instead of projectors), auto wipers headlamps, 6 airbags, sunroof in the higher variants. These are pretty incremental updates in my opinion.

Also their diesel engine even though noisy is more/equally fuel efficient than the smart hybrid ones apart from more power.

On a different note had a thoroughly enjoyable drive from Bangalore to Goa and back, a total of around 1500 kms including substantial drives within Goa. Got an FE of 14.7 kmpl overall even though I was pretty spirited throughout. I also crossed 5000 and 6000 kms on the odo during the trip. A couple of pics from the trip.
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_20170814_171636_01_01.jpg
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_20170814_171745.jpg

Last edited by Altocumulus : 22nd August 2017 at 22:04.
Altocumulus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 23:14   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Got an FE of 14.7 kmpl overall even though I was pretty spirited throughout. I also crossed 5000 and 6000 kms on the odo during the trip. A couple of pics from the trip.
Thanks for the info! My City CVT also delivered a similar mileage with 4 adults and boot loaded and this despite the rough roads.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 23rd August 2017 at 23:20.
Old 28th August 2017, 12:36   #426

I manage 16kmpl for my daily commute to office from Medavakkam to Guindy in Chennai and the max I clocked was 18.7 on the ECR highways.

Last edited by bblost : 28th August 2017 at 12:41. Reason: Please avoid ending your sentences with .... Thanks.
Old 29th August 2017, 20:53   #427
BHPian

Couple of weeks back, I made a Bangalore - Hogganakkal trip (340 km overall). Since my car had just run about 600 km, I was limiting the rev within 2500. The trip mileage I got was amazing - 20.1 kmpl. Yeah, I am talking about V-TEC, not D-TEC :-)
Old 29th August 2017, 22:26   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalbijoy View Post
I manage 16kmpl for my daily commute to office from Medavakkam to Guindy in Chennai and the max I clocked was 18.7 on the ECR highways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Couple of weeks back, I made a Bangalore - Hogganakkal trip (340 km overall). Since my car had just run about 600 km, I was limiting the rev within 2500. The trip mileage I got was amazing - 20.1 kmpl. Yeah, I am talking about V-TEC, not D-TEC :-)
Those are some impressive figures. I manage 10-11 kmpl in City with sparse traffic and in chocablock it can easily dive down to 8-9 kmpl. On the highway I've got 14.6 kmpl so far on two trips.

On that note here's one shot taken by my daughter riding 'shotgun' besides her papa (iPhone7plus)
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-5189_snapseed.jpg  

Last edited by Durango Dude : 29th August 2017 at 22:29.
Old 1st September 2017, 00:35   #429
BHPian

Does anyone have poor voice telephony over Bluetooth calls? The other end always complains my voice is barely making it across to their ears, while I can hear them crystal clear in my car.

Also, where is the microphone positioned? I cannot spot it in the usual locations like roof, dash
Old 1st September 2017, 01:00   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Does anyone have poor voice telephony over Bluetooth calls? The other end always complains my voice is barely making it across to their ears, while I can hear them crystal clear in my car.

Also, where is the microphone positioned? I cannot spot it in the usual locations like roof, dash
I had the issue initially with others not able to hear, however that was sorted with an update by the ASS. Kindly get it done if not already.

The digipad is a mess. Even though what we hear is clear, there is also a constant buzz which is irritating. Also my phone book doesn't sync anymore. The only saving grace is the awesome sound it produces being an OEM unit.

I think the microphone is next to the Start/Stop Button.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 1st September 2017 at 01:03.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 08:50   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post

The microphone is located just above the screen on the top bezel of the HU
Old 2nd September 2017, 00:59   #432
BHPian

To the owners of 2017 City-Has Honda upgraded the quality of the car or is it the same as the pre facelift version which was famous for its niggles and non Honda like quality.Any Updates ?
Old 2nd September 2017, 01:36   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmanjeet14 View Post
To the owners of 2017 City-Has Honda upgraded the quality of the car or is it the same as the pre facelift version which was famous for its niggles and non Honda like quality.Any Updates ?
Honda is offering 3 years unlimited kilometers warranty as standard with an option to upgrade to 5 years "unlimited kilometers". This fact demonstrates their confidence in the product. Out of their entire portfolio, these warranty terms are available only with the City and the W-RV.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 09:06   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Honda is offering 3 years unlimited kilometers warranty as standard with an option to upgrade to 5 years "unlimited kilometers". This fact demonstrates their confidence in the product. Out of their entire portfolio, these warranty terms are available only with the City and the W-RV.

You misunderstood his question buddy. He is asking if the poor build quality of the previous generation City is improved in this generation or not.
Poor build quality has not got much to do with warranties offered on a product or whether it will be reliable mechanically. Vento has got best build quality in this segment but the TSi has got a known to have problems DSG, City on the other hand, shouldn't leave you stranded despite having worst build quality in the segment.
Build quality is more about metal quality/quantity went into doors, paint quality and usage of shiny, hard plastics vs soft touch plastics used to make dashboard and other interiors. Previous generation City scored pretty low in this area. Also, bumpers gave a flimsy feel. Rain water entering the cabin and poor paint quality that used to get scratched within months of ownership. So is the new model any better in this regard?
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 11:07   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post

1. Build quality is more about metal quality/quantity went into doors, paint quality and usage of shiny, hard plastics vs soft touch plastics used to make dashboard and other interiors. Previous generation City scored pretty low in this area. Also, bumpers gave a flimsy feel.

2. Rain water entering the cabin and poor paint quality that used to get scratched within months of ownership. So is the new model any better in this regard?
Point 1.

Point 2. He asked for niggles in the city as well, which more often than not are a result of poor workmanship, which in turn are covered under the warranty
fuelinmyveins is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks