Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2018, 22:16   #601
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by statix View Post
Is anyone facing issues with their digipads? Like it hangs up, the radio channel changes automatically, difficulty in connecting via Bluetooth and if connected unable to play music or touchscreen issues? I don't know what's wrong with it.

I had gone to watch hereditary yesterday late night now. Radio channels kept changing automatically which going back home which gave me chills down my spine

Will take a video and post it tonight.
Used to face a lot of screen freeze / bluetooth lag & auto track change type issues. Got it replaced under warranty. New one seems to be better than the stock. I'm really tempted for an upgrade to the DigiPad 2.0 or some other HU with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto connectivity (Panasonic / Sony etc).
Old 10th July 2018, 03:15   #602

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
Used to face a lot of screen freeze / bluetooth lag & auto track change type issues. Got it replaced under warranty. New one seems to be better than the stock. I'm really tempted for an upgrade to the DigiPad 2.0 or some other HU with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto connectivity (Panasonic / Sony etc).
Is it the same HU or an aftermarket one offered by the dealer?
Old 10th July 2018, 08:39   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by statix View Post
Is it the same HU or an aftermarket one offered by the dealer?
Same model. I'm too much tempted for an aftermarket one but haven't seen anyone getting it done yet. So a bit skeptical.
Old 10th July 2018, 15:02   #604
BHPian

Honda Cars to hike prices by up to Rs 35,000 from August.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/64918600.cms

With car sales going down for Honda, is this a good move?
Old 15th July 2018, 18:19   #605

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheknandan View Post
I have my doubts if the showroom folks really do the 3M coating as claimed. .
Agree with you totally. It is better to do 3M coating from exclusive 3M showrooms rather than at the car dealer. I did mine at the car dealer and I doubt that they did any coating. The car gets scratched even with fingernails .
Old 25th July 2018, 23:48   #606
BHPian

I dont want to offend any owner or prospective buyers, but I just want to note that to me it seems the LED DRL in the City is not at all an LED strip. This is just another instance of height of cost cutting from Honda.
They seem to install only one LED at one end(outer) of the strip and let the whole thing illuminate with it just by providing a blank glass strip as light will anyway travel through glass, giving the illusion of an LED DRL strip. Hence the decreasing brightness towards the center.
WRV seem to get even more miserly treatment, the blank glass strip itself is absent there, and the single LED keeps illuminating like a mini fog lamp. Pathetic.
anu007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 02:06   #607
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post
I dont want to offend any owner or prospective buyers, but I just want to note that to me it seems the LED DRL in the City is not at all an LED strip. This is just another instance of height of cost cutting from Honda.
They seem to install only one LED at one end(outer) of the strip and let the whole thing illuminate with it just by providing a blank glass strip as light will anyway travel through glass, giving the illusion of an LED DRL strip. Hence the decreasing brightness towards the center.
Pathetic.
I don't think that there is anything to be offended about. It is a known fact that the City has a cheap DRL layout when compared to the Verna or the Creta. It lacks the premium feel of the Hyundais and the cheaper Marutis as well. At times, I feel that the halogen DRLs in the Jetta Comfortline and the lower variants of the Rapid are actually better and are more visible than the ones on the City.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 15:42   #608
BHPian

As per my thoughts on the new Honda City, DRL's are quite good and serve the purpose. They really make the front of the car more presentable and also alert the incoming traffic.
sensible_driver is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 17:06   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensible_driver View Post
As per my thoughts on the new Honda City, DRL's are quite good and serve the purpose. They really make the front of the car more presentable and also alert the incoming traffic.
It's become a fashion to bash the City . I am a new owner, and while I bash the tin-like quality, the DRLs are simply fab. As is the space, engine etc. Whether it is separate LED light or a mirror - doesn't matter - the front lights look superb IMHO. Only if I had the money to go for VX/ZX!

Looks are subjective - I agree though.
quadmaniac is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 19:02   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post
WRV seem to get even more miserly treatment, the blank glass strip itself is absent there, and the single LED keeps illuminating like a mini fog lamp. Pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
I don't think that there is anything to be offended about. It is a known fact that the City has a cheap DRL layout when compared to the Verna or the Creta. It lacks the premium feel of the Hyundais and the cheaper Marutis as well. At times, I feel that the halogen DRLs in the Jetta Comfortline and the lower variants of the Rapid are actually better and are more visible than the ones on the City.
While that is informative, I don't think it is something that an owner or prospective buyer needs to care about.

Each car has its own qualities - good and bad. Let's focus on the important stuff like the engine, interiors, build quality, dynamics etc. Nitpicking about inconsequential stuff like this is ridiculous.

Hope we can discuss more relevant things on this forum, things that actually matter.

Last edited by Aaron:) : 26th July 2018 at 19:06.
Old 26th July 2018, 20:56   #611
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
While that is informative,
Thanks, a part and parcel of being on Team-Bhp, you always get to learn.

Quote:
I don't think it is something that an owner or prospective buyer needs to care about.
Thanks for sharing your personal opinion just like I did. I do feel that the more observant ones including most Bhpians will notice the difference in the DRLs. While it may not matter enough to reject a car, it surely does matter.

Quote:
Each car has its own qualities - good and bad.
That is indeed true. And has been true since the time the second car came into production.

Quote:
Let's focus on the important stuff like the engine, interiors, build quality, dynamics etc
Don't we always? And on the basis of this, I'd go for the City among the petrols in the segment.

Quote:
Nitpicking about inconsequential stuff like this is ridiculous.
Well, rejecting a car just because of cheaper DRLs is surely ridiculous, and ridiculous may be rejecting a car just because it does not have adjustable seat belts or doesn't come with a proper dead pedal or misses out on adjustable rear headrests other than the top end ZX variant, but it doesn't change the fact that an owner who may have settled on the City thinking of it as the best choice for him, won't miss these features and wish that his car came equipped with one or many of these features.

And it is surely not as ridiculous that it cannot warrant a discussion. Each car has its own qualities- good and bad. Some of it is also subjective and the DRLs in the City are perhaps a subjective matter here. I do feel that they look smart especially at night, but I can see that it is a cheaper setup and doesn't look as good as the individual Led DRLs we see on some other cars. Surely, doesn't hurt to just discuss this.

Quote:
Hope we can discuss more relevant things on this forum, things that actually matter.
Hope we can allow for a broader definition of relevance as well, so that it just doesn't include us and not only the things that matter to us.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 00:21   #612
Senior - BHPian

Guys, one question to the forum. Is there anyway to fit the new VX city's music system into my 2014 December VX version (last model).

I have one with me, but apparently the connector design has changed and my old model connector can't fit into the new system. (I bought the system from a fellow on OLX). The system looked exactly the same as the old system, hence bought without a second thought. Realized the problem only during fitting.

If it is not possible, then is there any use I can put the purchased system to?
Old 31st July 2018, 08:42   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Guys, one question to the forum. Is there anyway to fit the new VX city's music system into my 2014 December VX version (last model).
I guess an Ice guy can help you out the best here. I'm sure there would be an adapter or then if not, the guy should be able to manually match the connectors/connections.

But be sure all the other things fit, or else you'll be back to square one later.
Old 31st July 2018, 08:55   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
I guess an Ice guy can help you out the best here. I'm sure there would be an adapter or then if not, the guy should be able to manually match the connectors/connections.

But be sure all the other things fit, or else you'll be back to square one later.
Checked out one person from teambhp classifieds. That guy has said that he can try, but doesn't guarantee all functions will work. Also during the process of matching, there will be trial and errors which has a risk of shorting the system.

Is the risk worth it? Is shorting a risk at all?
Old 31st July 2018, 09:47   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Checked out one person from teambhp classifieds. That guy has said that he can try, but doesn't guarantee all functions will work. Also during the process of matching, there will be trial and errors which has a risk of shorting the system.

Is the risk worth it? Is shorting a risk at all?
I think you should go to someone more confident. This guy either doesn't know his job or is trying to pull a fast one on you.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks