Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2017, 12:25   #61
BHPian

re: Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8

Not a good news. I never thought Chevrolet will be leaving India.

I personally like their cars especially Cruze and the best one's are those used in Transformer movie series. Although they are not available in India but I thought someday somehow I will spot them in India too.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 20:54   #62
BHPian

Met a guy from GM today, they are planning to launch 2017 Beat in 2 different body styles and also exploring the feasibility of the new Cruze.

GM India is definately cooking something!
ashishrathi88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 10:15   #63

It's really sad to hear this news. I own a Chevrolet Sail (sedan) 2013 diesel, and till now there has been no issues at all. Except for regular service there has been absolutely not a single penny spent on maintenance.

Had the interiors been updated regulatory, it would have been the best car to own. Still its far better than those tail cut and claustrophobic best selling cars. No offence to anyone.

Sad to see GM leave India.
Old 14th April 2017, 11:25   #64
BHPian

A couple of days ago i saw an ad in the regional daily on Chevrolet Tavera. They did not mention of any price cuts instead the ad was on the features in the BSIV compliant car. Also they were 3 years/100000 kms warranty. If they were to close down how can they promise such a warranty ?

Also i saw another news online that General Motors are going to discontinue Chevrolet Tavera, Sail and Enjoy in India. Can anyone confirm?
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/57701244.cms
Old 15th April 2017, 13:09   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmichael View Post
A couple of days ago i saw an ad in the regional daily on Chevrolet Tavera. They did not mention of any price cuts instead the ad was on the features in the BSIV compliant car. Also they were 3 years/100000 kms warranty. If they were to close down how can they promise such a warranty ?
The same dilemma here too. Even though an old model, I quite liked the Cruze AT and it ticks all the boxes for me. The wait for an official confirmation from GM is killing!!
Old 15th April 2017, 18:35   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
I do!
I own a Chevy Beat. If GM were to exit India...would I be able to get all the parts 2 years down the line?
Questions! Questions!
A source of mine in GM told me that regarding exiting India, decision will come from US but uncertainty is surely there in India employees.

Regarding the parts situation, I am told that GM sells parts through another legal entity (which will remain operational anyways). He said GM stock spares for every car for 10 years after the production stops and mentioned the Tavera example, for which the spare parts have been stocked for another 10 years even though the production has stopped.

So according to him parts availability is not going to be an issue over a long term as well.
JKBKS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 13:33   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Except for the Cruze, Chevy India doesn't really have any head turner cars. When the Trailblazer was launched, I don't think it was a big deal to launch a 4WD Variant. Ford and Toyota are way ahead of Chevy and they have launched many power train options. Chevy cannot afford to do this. They need to bring folks into the showroom.

I still feel with a 4WD option, I may atleast gone to check out the car in the showroom and taken a test drive. Since, it is only 2WD, I haven't even bothered reading reviews in print or online.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 21:43   #68
Team-BHP Support

I saw ads today in Delhi NCR newspapers about Trailblazer at >20L ex-showroom. Had it been equipped with 4X4, I would have got it.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 16:07   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
He said GM stock spares for every car for 10 years after the production stops and mentioned the Tavera example, for which the spare parts have been stocked for another 10 years even though the production has stopped.
I came across BS-IV Tavera on Chevrolet India website; seems to be finally on sale now.

Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8-tavera-bsiv-1.png

Power is slightly up from 73.4 PS to 78.8 PS and torque sees a nominal improvement from from 171 Nm to 176 Nm.

If at all they had a plan to update the existing powertrain for BS-IV, they could have done it earlier. IMO, this car has the potential in Cab segment and with BS-IV, it can still chug along for a few years.

Its good to see a relatively less complex vehicle in the market, but safety features are given a huge miss. Even ABS isn't available.
Purely focused on Cab and rural segment it seems.
Hope GM gets some volume with this. The earlier ITL Rhino derived 2.0 ltr. mill for BS-IV had a small run only.

Last edited by Zappo : 21st April 2017 at 16:16. Reason: Relevant quote added
aaggoswami is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 21:13   #70
BHPian

Happened to spot Chevy Essentia test mule (apparently a sub-4meter C1 segment) plying on the roads of Gurgaon on the afternoon of 19th April 2017. Please refer to my post for the pictures and postulates.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4186558 (Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia)

That been witnessed by myself, how come Chevrolet be planning to wind it up from India? I am pretty sure, this is a false rumour. IMO, looks they are planning to revamp their entire line of products and make a fresh return with different product positioning and marketing strategy. Hoping for the best. Thanks.

Last edited by Nohonking : 21st April 2017 at 21:24.
Old 21st April 2017, 22:25   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I came across BS-IV Tavera on Chevrolet India website; seems to be finally on sale now
Seems like they are revisiting their decision. Tavera stopping the production was in papers as well and was confirmed by a GM source as well.
Link : http://indiatoday.intoday.in/auto/st.../1/905230.html

Regarding the truth of rumours, even the guys in GM top mgmt. are unsure of the future and are awaiting further directions from US
Old 29th April 2017, 10:41   #72
BHPian

Chevrolet Halol Plant shutdowns. The official website of Chevrolet India also now redirects to a brand survey page.

Source

Official Website of Chevrolet India
sarthakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 11:25   #73
BHPian

http://www.hindustantimes.com/autos/...vgkFz7CcO.html

New Beat to Launch on 25th May

Quote:
“After this restructuring is over, General Motors will roll out more models starting as early as next month,” an industry source in the know, on conditions of anonymity. “The new Beat is coming most likely by next month,” the source added.
That should answer the rumor mill then. I hope they bring in the next gen Cruze which looks stunning.
Mr.Beat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 13:58   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
I hope they bring in the next gen Cruze which looks stunning.
I have heard new Cruze will be launched in India. Beat is exported from India as well so Beat and Cruze are amongst their profit making operations and should continue.

It seems GM India wants to clear the mess first (non-profitable businesses & dud SAIC models) before making a case to global leadership for new investments here.
Old 29th April 2017, 20:47   #75
BHPian

Training plan and other details revealed for the new Chevrolet Beat. Please see attachment on letter sent to dealer principles and internal staff.

GM India says it's a New Mobility revolution which is coming soon to India.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8-1493479010841.jpg  

Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8-1493479020528.jpg  

The Hurricane is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks