Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2017, 20:34   #61
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Well I have a Skoda Octavia petrol and a BMW e90 Diesel. The Bimmer absolute outclasses the Skoda in the twisties. Absolutely, no question about that. Recently we had been to Mahabaleswer during the rains and my confidence level on the turns, in the wet was like 9/10 while I would rate the FWD Skoda at only 5/10. My BMW is pre-owned and I think it makes better sense than any petrol FWD however powerful it may be. Even on the Mumbai-Pune e-way, the BMW kills the FWD cars as it is so much easier to switch lanes and overtake trucks & slow moving cars which hog the first lane !
rxpaul is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 21:20   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

There is a mention in the previous page of a price close to 30L from a member who booked.
Oh boy, that's in Audi territory in terms of pricing. I will have to start with a Vento Tsi for now

Anyway, I went to Skoda India website and requested for details of the RS & they sent me a PDF. Looks like it has both 1.4 and 1.8 TSi.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-screen-shot-20170813-9.18.01-pm.png  

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 13th August 2017 at 21:22.
Old 13th August 2017, 21:58   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Anyway, I went to Skoda India website and requested for details of the RS & they sent me a PDF. Looks like it has both 1.4 and 1.8 TSi.
That's the spec sheet for regular Octavia - 1.4/1.8 TSI and the 2.0 TDI
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 22:31   #64
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hearing rumours that the first batch is sold out already. And that's about 50 cars only for India in the initial shipment.
From the same group that made tall claims about the VW Polo GTI's bookings, only to sell it at a hugely discounted price later? Related Thread.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 23:24   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will this be significantly faster than a VW Vento Tsi? What is the approximate price, if anybody knows?
Pretty much, and there is a reason that you can buy Two Vento TSI(And still save some cash) for the price of one vRS.

Last edited by AtheK : 13th August 2017 at 23:26.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 01:59   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintomin View Post
If I remember correctly, latest Audi A4 is based on MLB platfrom while Octavia is MQB.
That is correct strictly going by the terms MLB and MQB, but thus far the differences between them have been rather too little to even notice and I'm going strictly by the technical specs here.

MLB (modularer langsbaukasten i.e longitudinal matrix) was conceived for Audi's future in longitudinal engines with RWD and AWD, it costs much more than a traditional VW platform. Unfortunately Audi never developed an RWD drive car and stuck to the platform strictly for its AWD.

MQB (modularer querbaukasten i.e transversal) is for transverse engines, but it isn't as much a platform, as it is a universal set of production guidelines for various engines based on a lightweight cost-effective strategy. Yes it is for a different engine type but the difference is negligible if we strictly compare FWD Audis to FWD Skodas/VWs. There will be a difference in Audi AWD/Quattros but If I'm not mistaken MQBs are already in Audi A3/Q2 and spreading fast to the others in the guise of either the same FWD or in 4WD.

Not sure if there is an absolute perceptible difference in the MLB & MQB FWD models, if there are then I may have missed something.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 09:12   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post

Not sure if there is an absolute perceptible difference in the MLB & MQB FWD models, if there are then I may have missed something.

This is starting to get a little off topic but the 2.0 TSi engine in the A3/Golf/Octavia (MQB) is indeed different from the one in the A4 (MLB)(available internationally). I've been following APR as they develop remaps for these engines and while the remaps in the A3/Golf/Octavia can be used interchangeably and produce a nice power bump, the one in the A4 cannot be tuned up a similar amount and is not interchangeable with the others.
jalajprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 13:05   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Oh boy, that's in Audi territory in terms of pricing. I will have to start with a Vento Tsi for now

That is the regular Octavia's spec sheet. Very cheap on skoda's part to do this

You'll find details of the RS on their international website which has all the variants listed. The models expected in India are listed in the various media posts.
abhinavsureka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 13:49   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI updates its info on the Skoda Octavia RS, OverDrive had the same info during the unveiling of the Octavia RS.

Skoda Octavia RS (September 2017)

Quote:
Skoda will launch a hot version of the facelifted Octavia, with a 230hp 2.0-litre turbo-petrol motor. The India-spec Octavia RS, like its international counterpart will get a new suspension setup, more aggressive body kit, blacked-out trim bits and larger alloy wheels. There’s also a 9.2-inch touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink in the cabin. Safety features will include nine airbags, ESP and a park-assist system
link

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th August 2017 at 13:51.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 20:05   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Thanks to Dr. Shree Harsha and Mohan Kumar for sharing these images with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Attachment 1665305

Attachment 1665306
Upon a closer look at the spy shots sent by Dr. Shree Harsha, and after playing around with the Skoda UK configurator, we can come to some conclusions regarding the spec of this car:

1) Optional electric sunroof has been included
2) Optional chrome window surrounded has been excluded
3) 18" gemini wheels will be offered in gunmetal finish (they are also offered in silver abroad)
4) Exterior VRS bodykit seems to be exactly like the one available abroad (at least from the rear)

So far it seems to be exactly like a well specced VRS that you'd get abroad, so one can be optimistic that mechanically they will offer the same car (maybe slightly detuned). A lot of websites mention that it will be a 1.8 TSI with an upgraded tune of 220 bhp, but I think they might be mistaken. It should be the 2.0 TSI that we will get.

Let's hope they get the engine and pricing right.
rtm_8055 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 20:48   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Got these pics as whatsapp forward!!

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170815wa0049.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170815wa0047.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170815wa0048.jpg

This is the same car which was spotted in Mumbai before. Interiors are all black and gets sporty seats. DSG gear knob is also visible in the pic.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th August 2017 at 13:39. Reason: Rotated image and uploaded.
Dr.Naren is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 21:09   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Also, it's 17" alloys.... not 18".

For the people who are buying it, lucky that they need not worry about damaged rims and tyres. With a Skoda, they will have plenty of other things to worry about! :
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 11:44   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hearing rumours that the first batch is sold out already.
Checked on this rumour and got this update:

"..there are no restrictions on Octavia VRS numbers, but initially there will only Red and White colours available, the other colours like silver and Blue sometime later, one can do the booking, car will be billed by end of this month or by 1st week of next month...."
AMG Power is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 13:40   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
DSG gear knob is also visible in the pic.
That's a DSG variant alright. The size of the brake pedal is another giveaway.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 15:34   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Got these pics as whatsapp forward!!

Attachment 1666651

Attachment 1666652

Attachment 1666855

This is the same car which was spotted in Mumbai before. Interiors are all black and gets sporty seats. DSG gear knob is also visible in the pic.
The car is rumoured to be the Octavia vRS 245 with 242BHP and not the 230 as initially expected. This will definitely be a pleasant surprise for the enthusiasts.

Here is a link claiming it's the vRS 245:

https://www.rushlane.com/new-skoda-o...-12145014.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks