Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2018, 02:58   #46
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon AMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
Agreed, partially though. I know 3-4 blokes who have cancelled their booking lately and if I was to believe the dealer, there are many more. One things for sure, the excitement (for AMT) is almost over so if not in the short term, it will surely hurt them in the long term.

So you have paid an unofficial booking amount for a vehicle that hasn't been launched yet and are now feeling cross that the company has delayed launch to fine tune their product?

The ATM isnt listed on the website or any other print media. TATA hasnt even given a launch date or pricing and yet you think your booking is Official?

If you wanted to verify authenticity of your booking you could have contacted TATA directly. They are easy to reach out to. It is very well known that people put in booking amounts ahead of time to be first in line. But to do that and then run down the company online because they arent launching the product based on your timelines is a bit off the line.

Anyway exited for the diesel AMT. Will make it a force to reckon with.

Last edited by ampere : 26th March 2018 at 07:34. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Bluengel180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 05:29   #47
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
So you have paid an unofficial booking amount for a vehicle that hasn't been launched yet and are now feeling cross that the company has delayed launch to fine tune their product?
Sorry I don't want to sound like a broken record so I would just refer you back to my post. It has been abundantly clarified that it was a legit booking or so I was told & issued a receipt which says "Tata Nexon AMT". In fact, the dealer even gave me a first week of April delivery timeline, which will also be found above if you've read my posts. Now Tata needs to ensure their dealers aren't indulging in anything unofficial or penalize them, how can you expect me to go to the manufacturer & what's the use of dealer then.

I'm sure you're aware, that's not how the process works. For e.g. When I bought my Z4 I didn't go to BMW, it was through their dealer. Next should I go and verify my AMT booking from Ratan Tata, just doesn't make sense right. I rest my case, all the best & wish them all the success.

Last edited by ampere : 26th March 2018 at 07:34. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 24th March 2018, 08:41   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
I'm sure you're aware, that's not how the process works. For e.g. When I bought my Z4 I didn't go to BMW, it was through their dealer. Next should I go and verify my AMT booking from Ratan Tata, just doesn't make sense right. I rest my case, all the best & wish them all the success.
A lot of difference between what's available on sale and what's expected to be on sale. I rest my case too.
Old 24th March 2018, 13:09   #49
BHPian

As far as I know, if you are looking for Tata Nexon AMT with smart key, that is the top variant XZ+ with AMT, you still have to wait for few months.

If anyone can confirm of Tata Nexon launching XZA with no smart key system, there is no reason for Tata to delay the launch. What I can sense is there was lack of long term foresight from Tata whether they wanted Nexon with AMT or not?
rst89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 02:32   #50
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst89 View Post
As far as I know, if you are looking for Tata Nexon AMT with smart key, that is the top variant XZ+ with AMT, you still have to wait for few months.

At last sense and your senses are bang on the buck. Call it lack of long term foresight or poor planning, by now its clear that they were simply not ready and what was showcased at the Expo was nothing more than a concept.

I had thought it was only the product readiness but you bring up a great point. Maybe the strategy itself is not in place, which is even worse.
As far as the smart key and other features are concerned, I guess we will find out in a few days, weeks, months, years or when Tata 'feels like' putting it up on sale.

Last edited by ampere : 26th March 2018 at 07:35. Reason: Added point; Trimmed quoted post
Old 16th April 2018, 18:33   #51
BHPian

Media Drives for the Nexon AMT variants start today.

Name:  Capture3.PNG
Views: 5546
Size:  827.8 KB

Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 5488
Size:  346.3 KB

The Tata Nexon AMT-capture2.png

The Tata Nexon AMT-capture.png

Name:  Capture4.PNG
Views: 5516
Size:  522.0 KB

Source
Source2

Last edited by amrutmhatre90 : 16th April 2018 at 18:35.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 19:26   #52
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Hill hold assist is a very welcome feature on the AMT! It will only strengthen Nexon’s case further.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 19:30   #53
BHPian

We are really eagerly waiting for this. We already have a manual XZ+ diesel at home and won't mind replacing our Ertiga with the AMT XZ+. We normally do not keep 2 similar cars at home but exception can be made here. Absolutely love the Nexon to bits!
RoadGlide is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 19:40   #54
BHPian

The Tata Nexon AMT-capture.png

The Tata Nexon AMT-capture1.png

Quote:
In manual mode the Nexon AMT will default shift into sport mode.It’s also gets a wearable activity key like we see in JLR.
Source
Source2
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 19:45   #55
BHPian

https://twitter.com/CarDekho/status/985879735594029056

Nexon AMT is getting the alloy wheels. Also the wheel size is 215/60 R16. If the specification sheets are an indication then AMT will be available with XZ+ trim. XZ variant doesn't get alloys and comes with one size less wheels as per brochure.

This is brilliant news if true. Never understood the strategy to not provide an automatic with top variant à la Maruti Suzuki.

Last edited by strawhat : 16th April 2018 at 19:49.
strawhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 20:03   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Some highlights from the media press presentation, courtesy Twitterati:

The Tata Nexon AMT-modes.jpg

The Tata Nexon AMT-contr.jpg

The Tata Nexon AMT-imaginator-2.jpg

The Tata Nexon AMT-imaginator.jpg

The Tata Nexon AMT-p-amt.jpg

The Tata Nexon AMT-d-amt.jpg

The Tata Nexon AMT-amt.jpg

The Tata Nexon AMT-amt-shifter.jpg

Nexon AMT will be available in only the topmost XZA+ variant for both petrol & diesel.
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 20:19   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Nexon AMT will be available in only the topmost XZA+ variant for both petrol & diesel.
Great news. The Orange shade looks smashing. Top notch attention to detailing. The sliding tambour door design is carried forward to the AMT Gear lever gate as well.

Nifty set of segment first features from the AMT. Wearable smart key, Hill hold feature along with the Creep function are welcome too.

While at it, have they thrown in a sun-roof too? (seems to be the flavour of the season with the Ecosport S showing up today kitted with a sunroof)

Cheers,
Uday
uday.ere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 20:58   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Great news. When is this expected to hit the dealerships? But why offer it only on the top end variants?
Old 16th April 2018, 21:32   #59
BHPian

Any clue on pricing?
Old 16th April 2018, 23:22   #60
Senior - BHPian

Attaching the Press Release on Tata Nexon AMT by Tata Motors, courtesy www.rushlane.com

Official Press Release Page 1
The Tata Nexon AMT-tatanexonamtlaunchofficialpressrelease1638.jpg

Official Press Release Page 2
The Tata Nexon AMT-tatanexonamtlaunchofficialpressrelease2638.jpg

Nexon AMT Petrol Spec Sheet Page 1
The Tata Nexon AMT-tatanexonamtpetrolspecifications1638.jpg

Nexon AMT Petrol Spec Sheet Page 2
The Tata Nexon AMT-tatanexonamtpetrolspecifications2638.jpg

Nexon AMT Petrol Spec Sheet Page 3
The Tata Nexon AMT-tatanexonamtpetrolspecifications3638.jpg

Nexon AMT Diesel Spec Sheet Page 1
The Tata Nexon AMT-tatanexonamtdieselspecifications1638.jpg

Nexon AMT Diesel Spec Sheet Page 2
The Tata Nexon AMT-tatanexonamtdieselspecifications2638.jpg

Nexon AMT Diesel Spec Sheet Page 3
The Tata Nexon AMT-tatanexonamtdieselspecifications3638.jpg

What is evident from the images is that Nexon AMT has the Tambour Sliding Door and Rear Washer Wiper Defogger (as per the spec sheet). So, maybe there will be XZA+ variant as well, which many feared may not be launched. But still can't see the Cruise Control buttons on the steering wheel, so guess that will have to wait for now.

What is also clear is that it will run on all 3 modes (eco, city and sport) in automatic and only on sport in manual override mode. Now that the media drives are underway, let's see when the launch takes place, and which all models get the AMT gearbox, and most importantly, the price of AMT models w.r.t. the manual counterparts.
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks