Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th September 2018, 15:57   #166
BHPian

Default Re: The next-gen Hyundai Santro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
After all that shouting out from the rooftops & 4 lakh votes, they're naming the Santro....the Santro!

All of these are good PR moves. Internally, the companies already finalise the name. This is just for 'engagement'.
Well this was a insider news but you spilled the beans, this campaign was just made to create hype before the launch of next gen santro, it was always going to be called the santro. All these practices are done to market the product. But this was an excellent method to build hype, kudos to Hyundai.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 16:46   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After all that shouting out from the rooftops & 4 lakh votes, they're naming the Santro....the Santro!
My wife had asked this when she had gone for the preview and the dude said it "will be" (he was just 90% sure) called the Santro but there might be a suffix or prefix added to it (wasn't really sure on this though).
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 13:41   #168
BHPian

Good that they are going to retain the name Santro. People will connect to it easily. Having said that, I am not impressed by the exteriors of the car, the Tiago looks much better. But where the Hyundai always trumps is the interiors, which I am eager to see.

My brother owns a Santro which is about 8 years old now, and she is so easy to maintain and there is not a single rattle except for the parcel tray which has collapsed due to weights of the speakers and occasional loading. He recently did engine de-carbonisation and other major service and the engine sounds like new again.

Hope the new crop stays true to the legacy.
NiInJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 15:03   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is like dictators in some of the countries conducting an election to elect themselves
Guna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2018, 05:34   #170
BHPian

Hyundai is playing all the right cards in terms of marketing the upcoming Santro. Now, we don't know if the new vehicle will live upto customer expectations but the Hyundai's "Brilliant Moments" video clips are touching ones heart. I'm sure all of us who drives a Hyundai or has owned one will definitely go into Nostalgia and remember our cars.

The clips brought tears in my eyes. I am in the market looking for a new car and was absolutely in no mood to buy a Hyundai but after seeing these clips it just reminded me of how my driving days began with a Hyundai. The auto enthusiasm in me came because of Hyundai, my first car gifted to me from my family was a Hyundai and well we still have a Grand in our garage and has never disappointed us.

The heart definitely wants another Hyundai now. The manufacturer may not make driver centric cars but they definitely live upto their logo's meaning which is immense trust and satisfaction that they've built in the consumers like us.

Today, I would actually want to thank Hyundai Motors for producing the 'i' twins along with the Xing and Zip Plus. They will always be a part of me irrespective of no matter what I drive in the future and I know for a fact too that a Hyundai is always going to be a part of our garage cause no manufacturer understood our requirements better than this one.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st September 2018 at 07:18. Reason: Removed unnecesssary spacing. Please upload the files through TBHP servers instead of hotlinking them from other websites.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote