Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2018, 17:22   #301
Senior - BHPian

The next-gen Hyundai Santro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
Sadly the prices are never revealed to the dealer.

Considering the digital era prices are released on the very day the launch happens.

If the cars are dispatched to dealer, I am sure it has to be invoiced. They will be invoiced at the dealer price. Manufacturers cannot move goods without an invoice. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 14th October 2018, 17:33   #302
BHPian

Re: The next-gen Hyundai Santro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Thanks to a Birdie for sharing these pics:

Attachment 1807657
Seems like this is Sportz variant considering touchscreen and steering mounted controls and looks like there are no passenger airbags. Disappointed that there is no AMT variant with passenger airbags. I guess would still have to look at Tiago XZA which is not too far considering discounts or Ignis Delta AMT.
Old 14th October 2018, 19:23   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Received on WhatsApp.

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-43728816_159109085028540_5300872503856463872_n__01.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 20:10   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Received on WhatsApp.

11 whole cms shorter than the WagonR. Pity. I was really hoping for a Hyundai tallboy, a true replacement for the Santro Xing.

Combined with the 1 inch higher headroom than the WagonR, it feels like the seats will be quite low (low H-point).

Last edited by arunphilip : 14th October 2018 at 20:11.
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 20:24   #305
Senior - BHPian

The next-gen Hyundai Santro

If Hyundai floats this comparison of the new Santro between Celerio and the Tiago, its actually the Tiago that looks like a clear winner in almost all aspects! The new Santro makes the Tiago look like a well packaged product!
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 21:05   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
If Hyundai floats this comparison of the new Santro between Celerio and the Tiago, its actually the Tiago that looks like a clear winner in almost all aspects! The new Santro makes the Tiago look like a well packaged product!
This was true if Tiago was actually a reliable car and not a one with endless niggles!

Plus 4 cyl unit completely ends the competition.
My santro zip plus 1.1 (same engine) covered a total of 1.8 lac kms before my father sold it off, it was still in great shape and drove much better than the new 3 cyl Waggy we bought to replace it with. We were completely shocked after driving it and cursed ourselves for not taking the test drive and straight away booking the car.
Rshrey22 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 23:50   #307
BHPian

A lot of people here are comparing the Santro to the Tiago and calling the latter a clear winner even before the Hyundai's new offering has hit the market. I would say it's premature to make such a call. We have heard nothing but rave reviews from the people who have driven the car. Also, we need to wait until the car hits the market. Also, we need to keep in mind the reliability/after sales service issues that a lot of members on the forum complain about with Tata offerings.
sibot is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 00:44   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
A lot of people here are comparing the Santro to the Tiago and calling the latter a clear winner even before the Hyundai's new offering has hit the market. I would say it's premature to make such a call. We have heard nothing but rave reviews from the people who have driven the car. Also, we need to wait until the car hits the market. Also, we need to keep in mind the reliability/after sales service issues that a lot of members on the forum complain about with Tata offerings.
Even though I do not own a Tiago, but I love the car for what it is. I do own a Nano, and my experience of service and spares has been good in these past 4.5 years, with no complaints as such!! I agree that Santro has not yet hit the market, but if you look closely at the Chart shared above, the Tiago does seem like a clear winner with better power/torque, more mileage, better dimensions and the awesome Harman Kadron sound system.

Looks wise also, I personally am in favor of Tiago over Santro looking at the spy images. Hyundai Santro may have the Rear AC Vents, better AMT experience, lower cost of maintenance (as advertised in that chart), but for the price point, Tiago is no dud as well. If I were in the market for a small hatchback, I would not have gone for the Santro and taken the Tiago or Ignis instead.

Just my two cents, no offence to any prospective owners or speculators of which car is better and which is not.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 08:16   #309
Senior - BHPian

Do you own a Tiago? Do you have substantial data to talk about niggles. Read the Tiago thread and you will find happy owners. 3 cyl and 4 cyl, for a normal driver doesn't really make a difference. VW, Ford, Skoda - many cars come with 3 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
This was true if Tiago was actually a reliable car and not a one with endless niggles!

Plus 4 cyl unit completely ends the competition.
My santro zip plus 1.1 (same engine) covered a total of 1.8 lac kms before my father sold it off, it was still in great shape and drove much better than the new 3 cyl Waggy we bought to replace it with. We were completely shocked after driving it and cursed ourselves for not taking the test drive and straight away booking the car.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 09:40   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Do you own a Tiago? Do you have substantial data to talk about niggles. Read the Tiago thread and you will find happy owners. 3 cyl and 4 cyl, for a normal driver doesn't really make a difference. VW, Ford, Skoda - many cars come with 3 cyl
I do have a Tigor petrol, guess I can share a few insights! What you see on the open forum might not always be true, I bought the car after reading lots and lots of positive reviews online, but truth is that Tata surely needs improvement in the engine and few other department. On paper engine looks powerful and city roads its quick enough, on an single lane highway its a totally different story, car struggles to overtake thanks to tall gearing and poor top-end.

Apart from regular service, which has improved tremendously, niggles are rarely addressed and always been told it will be taken care next time.

Mileage wise, I am sure Tigor will return better than a 4 cylinder Hyundai BUT Hyundai were never know for efficient petrol engines.

I am part of Tigor owners group too, hence I have posted as a community as a whole and not just my personal experience.
giri1.8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 09:51   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
VW, Ford, Skoda - many cars come with 3 cyl
That's why they don't find enough customers mate! VW Polo petrol is just struggling to survive and Ecosport's petrol engine is nowhere in comparison to 1.5 tdci. I don't even know which Skoda you are talking about (Fabia has been discontinued long time ago).
Old 15th October 2018, 10:10   #312
BANNED

Quote:
That's why they don't find enough customers mate! VW Polo petrol is just struggling to survive and Ecosport's petrol engine is nowhere in comparison to 1.5 tdci. I don't even know which Skoda you are talking about (Fabia has been discontinued long time ago).
I would rather suggest not to make blanket statements as per limited personal experiences. The santro that we got in 2001 had multiple breakdowns in the less than 3 years we could tolerate with it, yes it was a 4 cylinder. But the ecoboost ecosport that we have right now hasn't had any such issues. That doesn't mean everybody will have a similar experience. 3 cylinder engines when made right is a non issue as long as the rest of the car is good. World over, 1L 3 cylinders are becoming the norm and they are pretty good.
Old 15th October 2018, 12:44   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I would rather suggest not to make blanket statements as per limited personal experiences. The santro that we got in 2001 had multiple breakdowns in the less than 3 years we could tolerate with it, yes it was a 4 cylinder. But the ecoboost ecosport that we have right now hasn't had any such issues. That doesn't mean everybody will have a similar experience. 3 cylinder engines when made right is a non issue as long as the rest of the car is good. World over, 1L 3 cylinders are becoming the norm and they are pretty good.
If you have read my earlier posts in this thread, you must be knowing why I am pro 4 cyl.
It's just that when you are driving in Delhi's bumper to bumper traffic all day long, a car with a 3 cyl engine just doesn't do justice to your knees and feet. This is what I am saying on the basis of my experience which I have had with my Waggy. 3 cyl are inherently imbalanced unless you put a heavy crankshaft in it (which your car has but not the ones in 3.5-5.5 lac segment).

It's just that constant clutch inputs to prevent the car from stalling and the fact that it just can't crawl in the taffic when lift my foot from the clutch, makes it a deal breaker for me.

This is why I am praising the Santro. It might not be the most powerful of the lot, neither the quickest or most fuel efficient but what it really is, a car which is smoother to drive, performs better in traffic and doesn't shake like an earthquake when standing at the red signal.

I own both a waggy and a dzire (petrol), whenever I have to choose between the 2, I pick the dzire, because I know it will not hurt my foot at the end of the day! Also, somehow dzire returns better fuel economy than waggy in my case being 14 km/l with ac in delhi traffic while waggy doesn't budge from 10.2 km/l and I have verified this with tank full method. I'll be soon replacing the Waggy with the Santro.

These are my reasons, and I am sure many would agree with these.

Last edited by Rshrey22 : 15th October 2018 at 12:51.
Rshrey22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 12:57   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

More Interior Pics
Quote:
The 2018 Hyundai Santro will be available in a bright shade of green, the top spec of which will also have exclusive black interiors with matching green accents. The car will also have green seatbelts.
The next-gen Hyundai Santro-ncgv5pt_2018hyundaisantro_625x300_15_october_18.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-q4gecrto_2018hyundaisantro_625x300_15_october_18.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-rgmr81l8_2018hyundaisantro_625x300_15_october_18.jpg

The next-gen Hyundai Santro-n28igd0g_2018hyundaisantro_625x300_15_october_18.jpg
https://auto.ndtv.com/news/2018-hyun...leaked-1932198

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 15th October 2018 at 12:59.
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 13:10   #315
BHPian

Quote:
I own both a waggy and a dzire, whenever I have to choose between the 2, I pick the dzire, because I know it will not hurt my foot at the end of the day! Also, somehow dzire returns better fuel economy than waggy in my case being 14 km/l with ac in delhi traffic while waggy doesn't budge from 10.2 km/l and I have verified this with tank full method. I'll be soon replacing the Waggy with the Santro.
The 3 cylinder K-series in the WagonR is a poorly tuned engine in the first place. Go through the ownership reviews of WagonR and you will find similar observations. Low end torque is very poor in that car. Things improve in the Celerio and Alto K10, but in the WagonR, the engine is indeed the weakest link.

People buy WagonR for the utility and the brand name it carries and they have no qualms with the engine as long as it gets the work done.

The difference between WagonR and Swift Dzire in terms of engine characteristics is indeed day and night and majority would prefer the 4 cylinder K Series, if we do the side by side comparison. But that doesn't mean that all 3 cylinder engines are inferior. It's just that the WagonR's isn't that competent.

Drive the Celerio (which has the K next engine) in the same traffic conditions as you drive your WagonR and you'll get the difference. It will be not as silky smooth as your Dzire but definitely an improvement over the Waggie.
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks