Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2018, 11:44   #121
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Toyota Yaris Ativ sedan spotted testing in Bangalore

I am reading news that CVT might come with Paddle Shifts, is that true? On pricing I am absolutely bullish that it will priced on par with Honda City, give or take diff of 20k.
Old 8th February 2018, 12:48   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Toyota's service is suppose to be good as reported by our forum users. Toyota is not a volume player and prey on more expensive segments e.g the Fortuner/Innova.

Contrary to this belief, Toyota is a market player. They are the largest car manufacturer in the world. Corolla is the best selling car in the world. Etios is the preferred vehicle for the cabbie, and there can not be a better mass market.
Old 8th February 2018, 13:12   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Now this is something that would make many people thinking. It's got the looks and the strengths as in safety features. It may sound odd but can someone tell me what's the power output for a 1.5L Dual VVTi?

Last edited by BoneCollector : 8th February 2018 at 13:13.
Old 8th February 2018, 13:39   #124
Senior - BHPian

105@6000 RPM
140NM@4200 RPM

If they sell the Singapore spec 1.5DualVVTi here.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 13:49   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Toyota's service is suppose to be good as reported by our forum users. Toyota is not a volume player and prey on more expensive segments e.g the Fortuner/Innova.

Can this be a reason for them being good at after sales service since they do not have too many customers to cater to that the quality of service is high?
That perception is only because the Etios and Liva twins failed to sell as they intended. Else - Toyota would have been considered a mass market player long back.

I've been to a couple of Toyota service stations. Received very good treatment every single time, but that might be because I used to take a Fortuner there. But then, surpisingly- I havent seen a single instance where they treated a cabbie (and many of them are always present in these centers due to the popularity of Innova and Etios cabs) with a different level of professionalism.

Full respect to Toyota in my mind for that. Moreover - the service costs for the Fortuner is almost always less than the bills I'm used to - for my hatchback. Thats exceptional!

PS - I'm not the owner of the Fortuner mentioned above, nor do I own a Toyota to feel like I need to justify them.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 14:47   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That perception is only because the Etios and Liva twins failed to sell as they intended. Else - Toyota would have been considered a mass market player long back.

I've been to a couple of Toyota service stations. Received very good treatment every single time, but that might be because I used to take a Fortuner there. But then, surpisingly- I havent seen a single instance where they treated a cabbie (and many of them are always present in these centers due to the popularity of Innova and Etios cabs) with a different level of professionalism.

Full respect to Toyota in my mind for that. Moreover - the service costs for the Fortuner is almost always less than the bills I'm used to - for my hatchback. Thats exceptional!

PS - I'm not the owner of the Fortuner mentioned above, nor do I own a Toyota to feel like I need to justify them.
+1. I had this concern when I bought the Etios. Whether their quality levels will drop. But, I was always happy with their service. I think, it's because of solid home work that the brand does.

Some of the factors that might be contributing to the excellent service experience are
  • The product itself is rock solid. Every single part is designed to last a really long time. ( some examples - 40k replacement interval for air filter, lifetime fuel filter, lifetime transmission oil, 1.6 lakh kms replacement interval for coolant, 40k kms replacement interval for brake fluid. )
  • The regular maintenance gets completed in 1.5 to 2 hours flat. This is also aided by point 1 and the very low replacement frequency for a typical Toyota vehicle.
  • They religiously follow processes. Even the accessory department guys are trained by Toyota on how to fit the accessories the best way on a Toyota vehicle.
  • Regular maintenance Services are almost always done after taking an appointment. This helps them to plan their work resources better.
  • The proactiveness with which they act to fix a bug when they detect it on a few vehicles. They do a silent fix on other vehicles as well when it comes for service. Everything works like a well oiled machinery.

After having experienced their quality, it's very difficult for me to think of switching to another brand now. They are one of the last breeds in automobile industry who still considers durability seriously.

Last edited by amalji : 8th February 2018 at 14:50.
amalji is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks