Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2018, 01:18   #2326
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
I just forwarded the article as I read it in my news feed. Even I thought it looked more like Harrier, but why the dummy lights etc. for a model which has already undergone a Media Drive and revealing etc.?
True Aditya I have been asking myself the same question for some time now. The only thing I have noticed is all news reports claiming a 7 seater mule have blacked out alloys or wheel caps which interestingly no Harrier sports
nainan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 04:31   #2327
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The Harrier is unveiled, but the specific test vehicles would continue on their test duties. Why does a company have to make any changes to these test specimens ?
It could be the Auto variant of the Harrier, we never know. Also it could be the test mule which was doing rounds earlier and it was spotted again.
Old 15th December 2018, 11:47   #2328
Senior - BHPian

Just saw a convoy of 3 Harrier cars in Baner, Pune with 4-5 people in every car. Looks like TATA has started giving test drives for prospective customers since the people (Gents and ladies) inside did not look like journos or company people.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 11:59   #2329
Senior - BHPian

Just saw Harrier at JW Marriott SB road as well when I was driving to the parking lot of PVR icon. Didn't have time to check out since I was running late for the movie. I guess there is something happening in Pune that we don't know of yet?
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 12:23   #2330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Just saw a convoy of 3 Harrier cars in Baner, Pune with 4-5 people in every car. Looks like TATA has started giving test drives for prospective customers since the people (Gents and ladies) inside did not look like journos or company people.
Maybe they've some specific market that they're targeting by special test drives.

When the Hexa was launched, the level of proactive involvement of the higher management during media promotions, was quite encouraging. They were discussing about the product development & company's path ahead. They made promotional videos (IIRC one was with a comedian), etc.

This time the same higher management seems to have disappeared from being visible anywhere near the product promotion events (atleast ones that are publicly known).
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 12:57   #2331
BHPian

These Could be social media stars. People who have tonns of viewrs, subscribers etc. but cater to other segments in life, The so called influencers. They did a similar thing at hexa launch but not after media drives. Might have changed their strategy to offer it earlier and perhaps get bigger stars to sign up for an exclusive before launch this time. Everyone of them are for sure gonna use the "PEDIGREE" tag line.

Might work well to get the word out there. If TATA gets the right people to buy the car initially it instantly becomes a multiplier effect. The rat race so to speak. The Hexa in my opinion although Handsome didnt have that X factor, people looking for value (Mostly likely to do detailed product review, like the people reading T-Bhp but are not subscribed) bought it. If they target the right kind of social media people it might give them a solid helping hand.

Hope they can get a more premium feeling Sales & A.S.S, although i do think the actual A.S.S is Good and much better than most. But at 20L the feel and ambiance matter as well.
budgam.boonyi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 13:04   #2332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Looks like they are having some activity. I saw the same 3 Harriers with 4 to 5 people in each around 9:15 on the Baner road.
Old 15th December 2018, 13:26   #2333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
TATA Motors is one of the absolute best when it comes to producing solid appealing commercials.
Totally on the money. Since we are talking about commercials, at the risk of going slightly off-topic, I have to mention that Safari's 'Reclaim Your Life' campaign is probably the automotive ad closest to my heart. Guess that would also apply to many other enthusiasts. If Tata can evoke even 50% of that emotion from the Harrier ad, they might get increased footfalls in their showrooms.

I wish them and Harrier, the best
Old 15th December 2018, 13:38   #2334
BHPian

Pretty late in the day, but I have to say this - the Harrier looks HOT. I could just imagine one in black or red, it would look even nicer. It makes everything from the Creta to the XUV500 and Hexa look outdated. Plus with the cheaper Nexon scoring 5 stars, we can be assured of top class safety.

Again, no A/T is a huge downer.

Tata must be careful with the pricing. Somewhere between the Creta and Compass would be a sweet spot. I'm saying this because despite Tata's newer products being one of the best in their respective segments, the general public is still averse to spending big money on a Tata. Case in point - XUV500 vs Hexa sales.

I really hope this car does well. I'm rooting for you, Tata!

Last edited by Aaron:) : 15th December 2018 at 13:39.
Aaron:) is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 14:08   #2335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
Case in point - XUV500 vs Hexa sales.
That's more a case of feature gap b/w the two. The Hexa lacks a lot of feel good features compared to the XUV. It also proves that just having better ride quality and lower NVH does not sell cars.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 15:59   #2336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
That's more a case of feature gap b/w the two. The Hexa lacks a lot of feel good features compared to the XUV. It also proves that just having better ride quality and lower NVH does not sell cars.
Indeed. This might indicate that lot of these decisions are made in the showroom itself, where the appearance, size, space and features can easily be figured out. Most people just go for a namesake short test drives on decently paved city roads, which may not reveal much, let alone allow one to differentiate cars.
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 11:12   #2337
BHPian

Anyone know if it has arrived at Cyber Hub. I am on the opposite side of the building. Would love to go and check it out.
Old 17th December 2018, 11:45   #2338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Anyone know if it has arrived at Cyber Hub. I am on the opposite side of the building. Would love to go and check it out.

I think it starts from 9 till 11 for people who've pre booked the vehicle. Don't know how they'll stop anyone from walking in there though.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 15:33   #2339
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Harrier makes its public debut at Gurgaon (at DLF CyberHub) , where the SUV will be displayed until December 19.

More cities to follow as per the agenda published earlier.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-2.jpg

Source:

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th December 2018 at 15:47.
volkman10 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 16:24   #2340
BHPian

This showcase is a good thing and perhaps next best thing to having the cars in the showrooms. Also, they might want to arrange something similar for test drives, thereby giving preference to those who already made the booking, before throwing it open to the general public, for two reasons:
  1. It will be a good gesture from Tata towards those who trusted in them.
  2. I am sure once they get the TD cars in the showrooms, there will be all sorts of people (ones already booked, prospective customers, genuinely interested customers, customers doing just for fun/kicks) who will ask for test drives. In the chaos, the ones that really need the test drives might be left out, which should be avoided.
prakash_ajp is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks