Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2018, 10:40   #676
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntOOs View Post
One of the cons of the Hexa was the high kerb weight. Do we know if this new platform will result in much lower kerb weight for Harrier/H7X? Does anyone have an inkling of the actual kerb weight?
One of the reports stated an the kerb weight target to be around 1600kgs
ihrishi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 19:26   #677
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

More pics of the Harrier on test,

Name:  unt2itled.png
Views: 6640
Size:  635.5 KB

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-unti8tled.png

Name:  untit11led.png
Views: 6437
Size:  447.3 KB

Name:  untitl6ed.png
Views: 6486
Size:  484.7 KB

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-untitl7ed.png

Name:  untitle1d.png
Views: 6412
Size:  471.2 KB

Name:  untitle3d.png
Views: 6380
Size:  641.4 KB

Name:  untitle4d.png
Views: 6326
Size:  643.1 KB

Name:  untitle5d.png
Views: 6252
Size:  636.5 KB

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-untitle9.png

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-untitle10d.png

Name:  untitled.png
Views: 6173
Size:  739.0 KB

Link
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 19:53   #678
BHPian

Looks like the one without the blacked out Alloys is in production ready guise. However, looking at the polished alloys, something tells me, TML may go for a larger wheel size and different alloy design for the production version. The alloys seem a size smaller here, so I suspect a larger alloy with lower profile tyres may be in the works for the top end?

The other point is about the clever camouflaging they have done to mislead us on the actual dimensions of the rear on the other prototypes. Its a lot more clearer on the production ready version.

Last edited by uday.ere : 26th September 2018 at 19:56.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 14:37   #679
BHPian

The version will really look good for sure, but I wonder usually the base variants are devoid of the DRL. What will Tata do for the base variants in that case?
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 18:36   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
The version will really look good for sure, but I wonder usually the base variants are devoid of the DRL. What will Tata do for the base variants in that case?

A Chrome strip ? Maybe inspired by previous gen Maruti Swift 😜
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1538053512.320083.jpg

On a serious note, I believe they would have DRLs standard across the range.
vaasscit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 08:46   #681
BHPian

Hi All,

Not sure if this has been posted about already, but can anyone confirm if the Harrier will have an automatic version on launch?
Jeevith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 09:11   #682
Team-BHP Support

If Tata prices it right, it has the ability to spoil the party for Trailhawk. Jeep is not an epitome of reliability, like the Japanese manufacturers and the current Stormes are proving to be pretty reliable than erstwhile Safaris.

I only wish, it has ample GC [at least as much as a Storme].
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 09:38   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Hi All,

Not sure if this has been posted about already, but can anyone confirm if the Harrier will have an automatic version on launch?

Looks like. They are sourcing the Hyundai 6 speed torque converter along with the 2 ltr diesel from FCA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
If Tata prices it right, it has the ability to spoil the party for Trailhawk. Jeep is not an epitome of reliability, like the Japanese manufacturers and the current Stormes are proving to be pretty reliable than erstwhile Safaris.

I only wish, it has ample GC [at least as much as a Storme].

Tata Hexa was bang on the buck in terms of cost to real estate. I have a feeling that Tata will undercut the Compass prices easily. They have no R&D costs on the engine,gearbox and the platform .

It should be priced between the Creta and the Compass.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 10:23   #684
NPX
BHPian

People here are discussing that Harrier should undercut Compass, be priced near about Creta, etc.

Am I the only one who thinks that Harrier should undercut Creta and compete with Duster.
NPX is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 10:26   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
My updated wishlist for the Harrier is a version with the below..
- priced like a Tata
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that Harrier should undercut Creta and compete with Duster.
You are not the only one, not really!
It is a catch 22 though. I want the value to be at Compass or higher levels and the price to be at Duster or Ecosport levels
selfdrive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 10:50   #686
BHPian

Quote:
People here are discussing that Harrier should undercut Compass, be priced near about Creta, etc.

Nope. You are not the only one. As the sales figures of Compass show, they made a mistake in pricing. If the Harrier is priced above the Creta, it would suffer too. I doubt Harrier would sell in numbers even if it is priced on par with Creta.
ashlil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 10:56   #687
BHPian

Production-ready Tata Harrier spotted testing

Quote:
Tata Harrier might debut in the next couple of months

- Sales to begin in Q1 2019

- Might be priced between the Creta and the Compass

After over a year of testing their all-new SUV in parts and components, Tata has assembled the entire Harrier, thus marking the final phase of testing schedule. With production-ready headlamps, tail lamps as well as interiors and trims, the Tata Harrier is being benchmarked against the Jeep Compass.

nainan is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 12:28   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
They have no R&D costs on the engine,gearbox and the platform .
They do have costs on the platform and design. And they have royalties to pay on the engine and gearbox. However, I'm sure they will undercut the Compass and they might get in teasing distance of the Creta to pull customers.
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 13:19   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post

How much would a pair of strip of LED DRL's would cost? Hardly much, especially when mass production is considered.

Tata can put the DRL's across the entire Harrier range.

Quote:

Just a lower price doesn't guarantee sales success. Isn't the Duster cheaper than the Creta? But it is the Creta that more customers are willing to buy.

For the sake of building a strong brand and for the future, Tata should avoid the temptation of positioning it below the Creta. The Harrier has more Oomph, Appeal, Presence and the Physical Size when compared to the Creta. Also isn't the Engine on the Harrier supposed to be a 2L Diesel? Which is bigger than the Creta/Duster?

I see the Harrier Priced / Positioned closer to the XUV500.

Also with the Tiago and Nexon, Tata's perception as a Taxi/CV/Low quality brand is being erased from the consumer's mind.

Last edited by payeng : 28th September 2018 at 13:46.
payeng is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 14:12   #690
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
Nope. You are not the only one. As the sales figures of Compass show, they made a mistake in pricing. If the Harrier is priced above the Creta, it would suffer too. I doubt Harrier would sell in numbers even if it is priced on par with Creta.
Same goes for Endeavour, Fortuner etc. If Mercedes Benz and Audi were priced near Creta, they would have sold more too.

Big mistake from all these companies not pricing their cars on par with or below Creta.

There is a reason why there are various segments of vehicles in the market. Everything can't be compared to the Creta. Neither does it guarentee success if it's priced near Creta. By the same logic, is Creta a flop because its not priced below Brezza and the latter is selling more?

From what we've seen till now - Harrier looks D segment material rather than C segment. It's one thing to expect it to be priced well for its segment, quite another to expect to be priced a full segment below.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th September 2018 at 14:20.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (18) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks