Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2018, 21:57   #2461
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Brezza sells ~14000/ month from just ~150 Nexa dealerships (not 2200 Maruti dealers)
Brezza sells over the Maruti arena outlets and not Nexa.
Mukund is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 22:05   #2462
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Just a point in addition to what I wrote recently.

Those comparing the number of outlets of TATA and Maruti and noting that Nexon sells more per outlet compared to Breeza are missing the observation that Maruti sells a lot more per outlet overall compared to TATA. And that maruti also has a lot more products to sell over those outlets. TATA will not come even close let alone favourable compared to Maruti in the reach nor sales per outlet parameter.
At the risk of going OT, it's not been overlooked. But when the comparison is between two models, bringing others in the picture makes it complicated.
To sell same numbers as Brezza from a smaller number of dealerships will take a lot of doing. That is not exactly to say that Tata will sell more nexons if they and Maruti had equal number of dealerships. But it is something that cannot be overlooked to brush Nexon off as an insignificant car besides Brezza.

What you are saying is being discussed in the below thread albeit with old numbers. But it does give some interesting insights. Maruti is ahead of others but not by as great a margin you would expect looking at their sheer numbers.

First place goes to Hyundai.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...facturers.html (Average Sales / Dealership : Indian Car Manufacturers)

Quote:

Brezza sells ~14000/ month from just ~150 Nexa dealerships (not 2200 Maruti dealers). That's 93 / dealership / month. That's 12 times the number. Tata has a lot of catching up to do.

I don't think so. Brezza is sold from normal Maruti dealerships and not Nexa.
vibbs is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 22:24   #2463
BHPian

Quote:
Adding fuel to the Nexon-Brezza fire.

Nexon is available in 650 Tata Motors dealerships and sell ~5000/ month? That's 7.7 / dealership / month.

Brezza sells ~14000/ month from just ~150 Nexa dealerships (not 2200 Maruti dealers). That's 93 / dealership / month. That's 12 times the number. Tata has a lot of catching up to do.
Brezza doesn't sell through the Nexa outlets. So the number is over 2200 Maruti outlets.
Pranava VS is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 04:16   #2464
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd January 2019 at 07:15.
Th!ru is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 2nd January 2019, 12:26   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
My view on the pricing and positioning of the Harrier. I think Tata is going to price it as a Creta rival.
Looking at the product lineup below, listing the range between cheapest and costliest variant of each Tata compared to the corresponding rivals, it is clear that the Harrier pricing conundrum demands that it carve out a nice sweet spot for itself from the existing lineup.

The degutting of that value for money Hexa and stripping it off, all seem to be aimed at making a gap- appear and then appeal. An overlap with hexa seems to be unavoidable and hence they are resorting to this unwelcome feature removal practice to make the Harrier's line look longer.

Anyway we don't have to wait much longer for the official prices, so lets wait and watch.

OT: A moment of smile for the pioneer Hexa owners- what a superb value the vehicle packed for its asking price! ....In terms of build, safety and features - truly VFM in the segment.

All prices OTR Delhi. NCR Dealer quoted prices from CarDekho.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screen-shot-20190102-12.08.23-pm.png

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screen-shot-20190102-10.55.26-am.png
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 18:19   #2466
BHPian

Quote:
Tata Motors is all prepared to launch the long-awaited Harrier premium SUV on January 23 in the domestic market with much anticipation. The five-seater is expected to make a huge impact in the compact SUV space, as it will compete against the likes of top-spec Hyundai Creta and upcoming Nissan Kicks, XUV500 is expected to be priced from Rs. 12.95 lakh to 14.95 lakh.
source

The Harrier pricing estimate seems to be tending towards what we were estimating on this thread
Old 2nd January 2019, 18:29   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
The Harrier pricing estimate seems to be tending towards what we were estimating on this thread
Sorry, I didn't get what was being conveyed through that article? Is there some new information that has come out? The pricing seems to be ex-showroom version of the prices indicated by Tata via tweets. Looks more like a clickbait to me than anything else. Quoting the second paragraph from the same article below
Quote:
Likely to be priced between Rs. 16 lakh and Rs. 21 lakh (on-road), the Harrier has more interior space than many of its rivals and is based on a brand new OMEGA (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced) platform derived from Land Rover’s D8 that underpinned over a million SUVs worldwide.
Old 2nd January 2019, 22:05   #2468
BHPian

All that we know about the pricing of Harrier can be put in one line : "Likely to be priced between Rs. 16 lakh and Rs. 21 lakh ". That too because of a tweet by Tata motors. We know absolutely nothing else. Every website, journalist, auto enthusiastic is spinning yarns around this. Pages have been written, sometimes making me wonder if Tata motors themselves put so much thought process into pricing their cars.
drjkonline is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 23:19   #2469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjkonline View Post
Pages have been written.
Expect this to continue for another 21 days.

Just that every other information is already revealed about the Harrier, with only price (and thereby market positioning) being the only remaining mystery.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 23:38   #2470
BHPian

Quote:
Adding fuel to the Nexon-Brezza fire.

Nexon is available in 650 Tata Motors dealerships and sell ~5000/ month? That's 7.7 / dealership / month.

Wrong information because it's through normal Maruti. So 14k/2.2k = 6.4 per month. Better than Maruti, no?
avdhesh15 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:58   #2471
BHPian

I cancelled my booking of the Harrier with Concorde Motors, Mumbai; due to the lack of an Automatic Variant.

After getting a response asking for documents to initiate the refund, they are now ignoring my calls and once again asking for documents which were submitted at the time of booking.

It's been three weeks since I sent them the cancellation docs, and now I only get a reply by email when I call their landline and show my annoyance.

Is anyone else facing a similar issue with their Harrier refunds?
mikem is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:12   #2472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
I cancelled my booking of the Harrier with Concorde Motors, Mumbai; due to the lack of an Automatic Variant.

After getting a response asking for documents to initiate the refund, they are now ignoring my calls and once again asking for documents which were submitted at the time of booking.

It's been three weeks since I sent them the cancellation docs, and now I only get a reply by email when I call their landline and show my annoyance.

Is anyone else facing a similar issue with their Harrier refunds?
I cancelled my booking with Concorde Baner, Pune for the same reason. I sent them an email for the cancellation to customercare@tatamotors.com with the subject "Tata Harrier Cancellation". I go another email from concorde asking me for the documents (soft copies via email) I sent them the required documents on 8 December, and they said they will process the refund within 15 working days. After waiting for more that 15 days, I emailed them again on Dec 26 enquiring the status, and after this, I got the refund on the same date via NEFT. I suggest you email to the customer care regarding cancellation (if not done already)

PS: Note that my booking was online
Blue_Pearl is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 13:28   #2473
BHPian

Have been following this thread quite closely and the different perspectives and observations are quite interesting. I am definitely a perspective buyer but will wait 6-8months before deciding on which one to go for.
Tata is desperately trying to shrug off its "Indica and Indigo pedigree" by marketing the Harrier has "Land Rover pedigree" but the level of quality, fit and finish has already been exposed. The long term reliability and after sales of this vehicle is yet to be proven.
The game becomes more interesting when Jeep launches its Diesel automatic and 4x4 with panoramic sunroof. Customers will definitely get drawn away from Harrier even if the Jeep is pricier. The quality on the Creta is better, Creta has proven reliability, has good service and pedigree than Harrier although you get smaller engine and space in Creta. All this makes no smooth sailing for Tata Harrier in the long run. It would be interesting to see how long this Harrier hype lasts. The XUV300 is another feature loaded vehicle jumping into the fray making this market murkier ... Let the game begin
Old 3rd January 2019, 13:42   #2474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
Have been following this thread quite closely and the different perspectives and observations are quite interesting. I am definitely a perspective buyer but will wait 6-8months before deciding on which one to go for.
Tata is desperately trying to shrug off its "Indica and Indigo pedigree" by marketing the Harrier has "Land Rover pedigree" but the level of quality, fit and finish has already been exposed. The long term reliability and after sales of this vehicle is yet to be proven.
The game becomes more interesting when Jeep launches its Diesel automatic and 4x4 with panoramic sunroof. Customers will definitely get drawn away from Harrier even if the Jeep is pricier. The quality on the Creta is better, Creta has proven reliability, has good service and pedigree than Harrier although you get smaller engine and space in Creta. All this makes no smooth sailing for Tata Harrier in the long run. It would be interesting to see how long this Harrier hype lasts. The XUV300 is another feature loaded vehicle jumping into the fray making this market murkier ... Let the game begin
I have to say that is a whole lot of assumptions for a vehicle that is yet to be released to the market! Some immediate questions:

1. When you say "level of quality and fit and finish has been exposed" to you mean that positively or negatively? My understanding from all that I have heard is that the level of fit and finish is high. I do not think anyone has used this long enough to judge quality.

2. How do you assume the quality of the Creta is better? From photographs? If you are able to do so I must say that you are a better man than I am!
Strangerintown is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 16:49   #2475
Distinguished - BHPian

I get the feeling posts on this forum are biased very negativity against the Harrier. Most posts here are contradicting what the Auto magazines/press reviews said, for example most auto journalists have said the interior quality is fantastic, but the postsers on this forum say the quality is bad. Most reviews say the exterior design is superb but the posters here say the (ugly) Creta looks better. The press says the space inside is great but posters here say it is cramped. And so on and on. I can imagine the Hyundai top brass reading the posts here on Team-bhp and smiling gleefully. Somehow the activity on this forum seems to be beyond the law of averages on how tilted the opinions are against the Harrier.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 3rd January 2019 at 16:55.
84.monsoon is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks