Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2018, 21:40   #481
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Maruti Ciaz sales higher than Honda City, Hyundai Verna combined for Aug 2018
Too early to conclude as it's deliveries from the factory and it's first month after the face lift. We need to wait for couple of months to get a clear picture. However I am wondering what made City sales to drop so much? People were waiting to see the Ciaz facelift to happen before deciding?

Today I test drove 1.5 Petrol Automatic. I originally wanted to try MT however it was out for some campaign so it's not available. I did a very short test drive and it's better than my expectation. I am a sedate driver and for me it's more or less ok. I did not feel any major flaws with the drive except couple of occasions where I was missing the manual gear change. In a open road, I could press the accelerator, I liked the liner torque and smooth gear shifts. I am hoping manual will be better to drive and may try out next week. I am not sure about how this auto box will behave in the highway.

For an average Joe this engine/auto gearbox will meet the requirement and will sell well considering the price difference compared to City for similar variant.

I liked the hybrid which is very instantaneous and I liked the calmness when I am waiting in the signal without Engine running - no vibration, no noise. No need to stop and start manually which I do not as Bangalore signals has 2-3 mins of wait easily.

I felt the suspension is better than previous Ciaz rides. Don't know whether it is because of brand new test drive car. My previous rides were on Diesel Ciaz Taxi.

Last edited by blorebuddy : 9th September 2018 at 21:42.
blorebuddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 14:00   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

A video on the new K15 Petrol engine:

Notable point: uses a not so common 0W16 oil.
Leoshashi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 20:28   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Notable point: uses a not so common 0W16 oil.
There might come one day when Maruti will claim that their engine doesn't require oil anymore. I know I am stupidly exaggerating, but I must appreciate the continuous improvements done on the K series. It also shows that achieving better FE isnt just a matter of weight reduction alone. Experiencing the difference myself from tue K10 in WagonR to Celerio, the difference is noticeable. Over the last decade, they moved from 20W40 to 5W30, 0W20 and then 0W16 now which is what makes me say either they will next use plain water or just no lubricant in the next few years
I hope our FNGs make themselves aware of this trend since I have personally seen a few cases of thicker oil used in newer engines though the errors were pointed out quickly before want damage occurred.

Last edited by audioholic : 11th September 2018 at 20:30.
audioholic is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 20:04   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
A video on the new K15 Petrol engine.
A bit off topic, but curious - why isn't this engine (and the AT option) available as an option on S-cross?
Su-47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 15:06   #485
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for the official review.

As per this link below are the kerb weights of the respective cars. I understand and have felt that the outer sheet metal of the Ciaz is thin and can be easily be depressed by hand why is the Ciaz is considered the least safest car even when it's kerb weight is comparable to the other cars in it's segment? I am not talking about the airbags but around 1100 KG it is as heavy as the Verna etc so why it is said that the Ciaz is light?

Toyota Yaris - 1085-1100kg
Honda City - 1058-1175kg
Hyundai Verna - 1143-1255kg
Maruti Ciaz - 1010-1130kg
sumeethaldankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 22:55   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
A bit off topic, but curious - why isn't this engine (and the AT option) available as an option on S-cross?
No idea, they have a handful of engines which they can plonk. They are already exporting 1.5 M series petrol powered S Cross to Indonesia.

How I wish Maruti launches a Petrol S Cross, 1.5L K series/M series or the 1.0/1.4 Boosterjet, I hope they do it ASAP. It will surely increase the sales.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 07:04   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Toyota Yaris - 1085-1100kg
Honda City - 1058-1175kg
Hyundai Verna - 1143-1255kg
Maruti Ciaz - 1010-1130kg
The Ciaz is about 130 kilos lower in weight. Most of it is in the sheet metal, given the average weight of other components. It's also the longest and widest of the cars discussed above. So if all things were equal, the Ciaz should have been the heaviest of the lot whereas in reality, it is the lightest.

In fact, the Vista I drive weighs about the same.

Last edited by discoverwild : 25th September 2018 at 07:06.
discoverwild is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 09:30   #488
Senior - BHPian

Seems that the Ciaz facelift has started on a great note. It sold 7000+ this month which is over double of the Verna. https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.r...-12279282.html

How much of this is due to the novelty of the facelift needs to be seen in coming months.

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 25th September 2018, 14:30   #489
BHPian

Booked the Ciaz Alpha Petrol AT this past weekend. As it is going to be for the wife, in city driving comfort, features and reliability is the key, the ciaz ticked all the boxes over the other cars we tried. The car seems to be doing quite well, the waiting period is around a month for the petrol AT top end
Old 25th September 2018, 15:40   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanaguy19 View Post
Booked the Ciaz Alpha Petrol AT this past weekend. As it is going to be for the wife, in city driving comfort, features and reliability is the key, the ciaz ticked all the boxes over the other cars we tried. The car seems to be doing quite well, the waiting period is around a month for the petrol AT top end
It will be of benefit to the other forum members if you could share a little about the selection process of Ciaz AT. I am quite sure that there will be different perspectives felt about this car, especially when the popular advise is to go towards presumably better gearboxes in Verna and City.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 16:51   #491
BHPian

Hello guys !

Just took delivery of the new Alpha AT in white. Initial impressions are in line with expectations. Smooth, silent, spacious and efficient! Will be upgrading the footwear soon and moving to broader Michellins.

Will keep you all posted. Cheers !
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-20180921_160915.jpg  

Dieselite is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 17:00   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Hello guys !

Just took delivery of the new Alpha AT in white. Initial impressions are in line with expectations. Smooth, silent, spacious and efficient! Will be upgrading the footwear soon and moving to broader Michellins.

Will keep you all posted. Cheers !
Congrats "Diesel"ite on moving to a petrol Ciaz AT! Car looks good in white. Post pics of the interiors also.
Old 26th September 2018, 07:36   #493
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Hello guys !

Just took delivery of the new Alpha AT in white.
Congratulations ‘Dieselite’ for the new acquisition and for becoming a PetrolHeavy (considering the high cost and low fuel efficiency when compared to diesel).
Hoping to read your ownership review in some time. Enjoy the car and if possible try to share more pics on exterior as well as interior and if you are saving them for an ownership review, then I think I can wait.
Old 26th September 2018, 10:59   #494
BHPian

As you guys have rightly pointed out my handle dieselite needs to be revised !

Will post an ownership review when I clock some decent numbers on the odometer. For now I have managed to upgrade the rubber to 205/55R16 Michellins. The ride has definitely become softer and cornering feels just that little bit more sure footed. Highway performance feels safe just that the return-to-centre of the steering of this car is not great and takes a few km of twisting to get used to it.

Looking forward to calm miles in this city slicker !
Dieselite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 14:18   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
It will be of benefit to the other forum members if you could share a little about the selection process of Ciaz AT. I am quite sure that there will be different perspectives felt about this car, especially when the popular advise is to go towards presumably better gearboxes in Verna and City.
An updated before answering the question, after evaluating the usage pattern a bit more we decided to instead go ahead with the Ford Ecosport Titanium + AT, will be taking the delivery tomorrow. For Hyderabad roads and my wife's usage pattern, the higher GC and added safety of the ES (6 air bags) made more sense.

Now with regards to why we chose the Ciaz over Verna and City when were considering a sedan; the main factors were value for money in terms of features (loaded Verna and City were quite a bit more), adequate drive-ability (my wife is not a spirited driver, so the 4 speed AT wasn't a deal breaker) and the peace of mind of owning a Maruti due to the large service network and reasonable cost of servicing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks