Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2018, 15:12   #376
Senior - BHPian

Here is video review by Gyani enough
Old 22nd August 2018, 17:02   #377
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs

Interiors -

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-img_20180822_165926.jpg

Source

Walkaround video -

Instrument console -

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd August 2018 at 17:05.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 19:52   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

In the empty roads of Bangalore test drive figures shows what Maruti Suzuki is best at!

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-c1.jpg

Quote:
It's tough to beat a Maruti in fuel-efficiency. Driving the NewCiaz petrol manual on the empty Bangalore-Hyderabad highway, did 245-km, almost all on cruise control (speed set at 80kph), and got a crazy 24.2kpl
The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-c4.jpg

Link

Link1
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 20:13   #379
Senior - BHPian

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-ciaz_price.jpeg

Mumbai Price list.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 08:04   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

First Drive Review - NEW CIAZ,

Quote:
To drive, it's more or less similar to the outgoing engine. It isn't particularly exciting in any manner. At the same time, it doesn't feel inadequate at any point either.

Autocar India:

Quote:
Driving the updated Ciaz, you will find the engine to be refined and smooth, with power coming in nice and low from about 1,800rpm. It feels nice and responsive around town. This, however, tapers off as you head higher towards the 6,200rpm rev limiter, and higher you will have to go, as out on the highway you really have to work the engine and gearbox to extract performance
Quote:
the new petrol engine. It gets a bump in power and the unit is pretty refined and smooth with good low-end grunt; just don’t expect peppy or lively performance further on
Link

Carandbike:

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-tejkv5b8_2018marutisuzukiciazfaceliftreview_625x300_22_august_18.jpg

Quote:
The Ciaz handles city drives very well. There is a decent spread of the torque in low and mid revs and the 5-speed manual gearbox actually is a joy to operate. The shifts are smooth and the clutch too is nice and light.
On the highway, the car takes time to build up speed. The Ciaz was never the one for spirited driving, but a little more urgency from the engine would have been welcome. Although, it can happily cruise at triple digits speeds all day and then some more. The engine feels quite refined and there is hardly any noise seeping into the cabin at city speeds. The car retains its comfortable ride quality and good handling abilities
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd August 2018 at 08:33.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 08:53   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Did anyone notice how our industry leader jumped the queue to become the leader in dishing out the Cheapest and most Useless safety feature dished out by our government? Compare this to the earlier, almost on the edge of arrogance, interview by their head about the associated cost increases and the famed "scooter vs bare bones car safety logic".
Quoting this from the other thread. Yes, absolutely agree with you. Now you will have Maruti people saying that since the speed alert buzzer is there in the car there is no need for airbags and ABS

Would have been more happy if Maruti had provided 6 airbags along with disc brakes in all the four wheels.

May be for cars like Ciaz even 80 km/hr is quite a high speed considering its build quality. May be they should make Ciaz "even more safer" by having the buzzer at 60 km/hr .

Last edited by .anshuman : 23rd August 2018 at 09:15. Reason: Replaced Breaks with Brakes. Thanks
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 09:23   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

More drive reviews,

ACI's final say on the Ciaz if you relate to the music world,

Quote:
On the whole, however, the design still seems dialed back, unlike the flashier Verna or City; this then is more Ed Sheeran than David Guetta.
Source:Pic
The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-mot.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd August 2018 at 09:43.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 09:49   #383
Senior - BHPian

PowerDrift review is also out!

AyAn! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:29   #384
Senior - BHPian

All considered, yet another disappointing engine for the Indian consumer. Staid, boring, fuel efficient and reliable, but excitement factor- zero. It seems to be a rehashed version of the original 1.4 engine, and I am pretty sure that the initial hoopla about the 1.5 L engine will soon die down without much ado.

This notwithstanding, I am pretty sure that the Maruti moniker will ensure that the car continues to sell in decent numbers to the target populace (non-enthusiast category). Sigh.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:58   #385
BHPian

I am just wondering. These reviews just suggest that this new engine is just average in a Ciaz, without any luggage or extra passengers. How is it going to perform in the new Ertiga given it is a "7" seater and in fact in S-Cross where the "crossover" is heavier in comparison to the Ciaz?
arunramaswamy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:58   #386
BHPian

To be honest, this "enthusiast" moniker is needlessly overused in Tbhp (for commuter class cars, that is). How many of us frequently redline our Ivtec 1.5's or TSI 1.2's when we have our wives and children sitting on the back seat?

The most enthusiastic driving that I manage to do (for example), is when taking off from a traffic signal when it turns green, or when overtaking on highways when already driving close to 3 digit speeds. While for the first case, a good low end response is good enough to satisfy the enthusiast in me, the latter case is not very frequently occurring event in our car driving life per se.

It's always good to have a car with "fun-to-push-to-the-extreme" engine, provided it comes together with compliant road manners, handling and braking too. Not many cars that have these characteristics are available in India.

It is important to enjoy the drive, redlining the engine and extracting the last drop of juice out of the engine/drivetrain is just one part of it.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 12:57   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
To be honest, this "enthusiast" moniker is needlessly overused in Tbhp (for commuter class cars, that is). How many of us frequently redline our Ivtec 1.5's or TSI 1.2's when we have our wives and children sitting on the back seat?
Well said. Most of us hardly go over 2000 RPM in our regular city drives, while touching 3000-4000 RPM occasionally on highways, especially while overtaking. So, an engine that has good grunt from the low to mid range of the spectrum should do well in most scenarios that we encounter.

I have a Honda City and Brio at home - both revv-happy, but I can't remember the last time I redlined either of them!
nikipedia87 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 13:59   #388
Senior - BHPian

In cities like Bangalore(and karnataka state) there is a different tax slab for cars over 10L.

Maruti seem to be expecting lot of buyers for petrol, hence the prices have been kept below 10L for Alpha variant petrol, however the diesel alpha variant is costlier by over 2L ex-showroom and this translates to around 3L difference between petrol and diesel.

I dont think diesel is worth that kind of premium at all !!
Old 23rd August 2018, 15:11   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
All considered, yet another disappointing engine for the Indian consumer. Staid, boring, fuel efficient and reliable, but excitement factor- zero. It seems to be a rehashed version of the original 1.4 engine, and I am pretty sure that the initial hoopla about the 1.5 L engine will soon die down without much ado.

This notwithstanding, I am pretty sure that the Maruti moniker will ensure that the car continues to sell in decent numbers to the target populace (non-enthusiast category). Sigh.
Agree on this point. From the reviews i have seen so far, this doesn't seem to be as exciting an engine as i was expecting it to be. The only good part seems to be the low end power and city drive-ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
Well said. Most of us hardly go over 2000 RPM in our regular city drives, while touching 3000-4000 RPM occasionally on highways, especially while overtaking. So, an engine that has good grunt from the low to mid range of the spectrum should do well in most scenarios that we encounter.
Sorry tend to disagree on these two points. The whole point of having a petrol motor is to rev it unlike diesels. What you are talking about is diesel territory, while a petrol motor needs to be revved to extract performance and that is the whole point.

Now, when i say revving, am not talking necessarily about speeding dangerously.

I guess this is where the new engine fails, according to the reviews if it is to be believed and taken on face value. A team bhp official review is what we should look forward to, to get the exact picture.
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 15:24   #390
BHPian

Went for a test drive of the new Ciaz petrol hybrid today at Chandigarh. I own the previous generation petrol Ciaz. I found he new petrol engine slightly more powerful, just SLIGHTLY.

The service advisor confirmed that the new petrol has two batteries and the diesel has just one. The additional battery in the petrol is a lithium-ion battery. As per the advisor's version, its job is to provide torque assist while overtaking. The advisor said that the start stop is taken care by the primary lead-acid battery.

I asked the advisor the voltage, cost and period of replacement of the lithium-ion battery. He had no answers to these questions.

I reset the average FE meter before the test drive and at the end of a 3 km test drive with a very light foot and mostly in 2nd , 3rd and 4th gear, it displayed 16.7 kmpl. My old petrol gives similar figures in these conditions.

I was told that if the AC temperature is set to a level and the hybrid has shut the engine while the car is stationary, then the engine will restart to power the AC if the cabin temperature goes higher than the set temperature. I asked what about the Sigma model which has a manual AC, there was no answer.

The manual book talked of replacing the ISG belt after fixed intervals in a diesel but not in the petrol. There was no explanation to this as well.
All in all I would stay away from all these electronics, especially when the gain in FE is just 0.8 kmpl.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th August 2018 at 07:08. Reason: Post edited. Typos, grammar, spacing.
jassi_jeeper is offline   (7) Thanks Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks