Audi Q5 10 0.51%
Lexus ES 300h 29 1.48%
Voters: 1964. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2018, 09:21   #256
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2018. EDIT: It's the Mahindra Marazzo

Voted for Marazzo. Close second was Amaze just because of Diesel + CVT combo. Third was Jeep Compass.

In the segment of Marazzo, there are very limited options like BRV and Ertiga, Engines of both the cars are not really good as compared to Marazzo. As a package, Marazzo fits the bill perfectly. Does it mean that I will buy Marazzo if I was in market for entry level 7 seater? Big NO. Reason - Passive safety (Airbags) not working in few of the Mahindra Flagship vehicle (XUV). That is a big let down and will turn my decision elsewhere unless Mahindra comes out with proper investigation publicly.

Although Jeep Compass is my favorite of the lot, 5 seater (or 4 seater) for 20 plus big ones is NO from Indian middle class person like me. It is just not practical from family car point of view. However as a drivers car, yes it is VFM and drives like a bullet coming out of a shotgun. If I have enough cash to spare on car, I will definitely choose this option.
Old 13th December 2018, 16:10   #257
BHPian

Didn't vote yet because like many other members, I too thought the JTP twins would make their way in the list.
I might vote for the Marazzo though!
Old 13th December 2018, 16:14   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Romeo1 View Post
Voted for Marazzo. Close second was Amaze just because of Diesel + CVT combo. Third was Jeep Compass.
Although Jeep Compass is my favorite of the lot, 5 seater (or 4 seater) for 20 plus big ones is NO from Indian middle class person like me. It is just not practical from family car point of view. However as a drivers car, yes it is VFM and drives like a bullet coming out of a shotgun. If I have enough cash to spare on car, I will definitely choose this option.
Brother, Jeep Compass WAS the TBHP COTY in 2017
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 17:16   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Brother, Jeep Compass WAS the TBHP COTY in 2017
Oops! My mistake. Actually I took into consideration post of "hok kolorob" from previous page. Lol.

This is what happens when you admire something.

Last edited by Alfa_Romeo1 : 13th December 2018 at 17:19.
Old 13th December 2018, 18:22   #260
BHPian

As always, if I was looking for a practical daily use car (which is a sedan or a hatch - normal sized & not a big/bulky people mover), my vote goes to Honda Amaze this year.

I was tempted to buy a CVT Diesel version when it was launched, but my negligible daily commute & current $$ condition prevented me from going for it. Have pushed the new car decision to next year OR the year later now
Old 14th December 2018, 16:35   #261
BHPian

Not many serious contenders to choose from, this year.

Voted for Honda Amaze. I like Amaze because it is a big change from the previous generation car. CVT plus diesel combo is very interesting.

Last but the least, it is the most searched car in Google:

https://www.rushlane.com/most-search...-12290769.html
Old 14th December 2018, 18:22   #262
BHPian

I voted for the latest edition of the Swift. Reason being simply the look and stance of the car. You have to appreciate the beauty from every angle. Apart from the looks, it inherits all the ingredients from its predecessor for a perfect value for money.

For me, it would have been tough competition if the Santro was launched a little earlier and some in depth reviews are available. I liked the Marazzo, but in the poll the Swift wins it for the affordability quotient and value for money.

This poll has significantly diverse set of cars to choose from like from Sedan and Hatchback to SUVs with a huge range of pricing. Isn't it too obvious that a car on the other side of INR 15 lakh would offer fancier stuffs much beyond the scope of INR sub 6 lakh cars. How can we put them in the same bucket to choose from?
Old 14th December 2018, 19:22   #263
BHPian

Voted for the Marazzo as it combines decent looks, features & build quality at a reasonable price.

Really good effort from the M&M stable.

Nitpicking -
what I really don't understand is why must the name end with an "O".

Was initially keen on opting for the Yaris earlier during the year, but the insane price put me off. Simply not worth it.

I find the new Amaze a bit too ungainly for my tastes.

Wasn't too excited by the new Swift nor the Santro either.
Old 14th December 2018, 19:24   #264
MHG
BHPian

I voted for the Marazzo. I'm tired of being driven around in a rickety old Innova that isn't even very spacious (especially the last row) when I book a large cab. Marazzo seems to be the one car every UberXL and Ola Prime SUV driver would buy going forward, and I like it!

My second pick would've been the Santro, simply because while it is a little overpriced, it's the reincarnation of the old Xing (pun intended) of the Indian middle class, seems to have been embraced by the same market yet again and at its price nothing looks as good visually!

Last edited by aah78 : 14th December 2018 at 20:09. Reason: Web browser spacing fixed.
Old 14th December 2018, 20:00   #265
BHPian

Hi folks

I have Voted New maruti Swift as it has sold well and meets expectations of being Really swift than its predecessors, in short it has maintained and augmented its Genes, while also being Non expensive or petrol guzzling, thus its a very good project successfully implemented by MSIL.

Second choice would have gone to Honda Amaze to revive successfully the Sales and diminishing popularity of earlier Amaze.
Amaze is successfully being sold in Good numbers and Honda is Now selling this product to middle class audiences who earlier blankly Opted out the Honda cars considering them for niche or upper class people.

Hyundai Must have officially or Non officially provided more technical details of new Santro comparing i10. But they Concealed Lot of details.
NOW people do not want to put their lots of Money to verify that new Santro is Not an i10 ( as it looks like i10 much more than a Santro Xing !! ) IF Not for AMT option, new Santro would have been a Flop model very Soon. Hyundai will learn it a hard way.

Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 21:12   #266
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes for Marazzo. We desperately need a change from Innovas
Old 15th December 2018, 07:15   #267
BHPian

I voted for the Mahindra Alturas, I know the car is a rebadged Ssangyong but feel that is not really a bad thing. South Korean carmakers are quite stringent in there QC and I am sure the product is as good if not better than the Toyotas and the Hondas. I am a SUV guy at heart and this seems to be the only mainstream full size upcoming SUV on the list. The imports here such as Volvo XC40 are desirable and in larger cities with great sales and support network would make a good family car. However for people looking for real 7 seaters the options are still few in the 30-40 lakh rupee segment. We have a new fortuner and the Scorpio in the family so I am well aware of the benchmark Mahindra needs to reach. The online reviews and the interiors look promising and I am sure if it was priced slightly lesser would have made a great buy for the buyers looking for something in the 23-28 lakh segment.
Old 15th December 2018, 07:45   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for the XC40, knowing that it would not win as a car in that price bracket will find it extremely tough to compete with the mass market offerings. But that factor apart, I feel Volvo has done a tremendous job with this car and complete transformed its image from the boring mundane cars to this.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 08:32   #269
BHPian

So many contenders to choose from. Yet it is difficult to pick just one. I feel that there should be two choices and points based on choice one and choice two aggregating towards the end.

My vote one for the Mahindra Marazzo. Mahindra is really coming at a good pace and with the latest technological updates I think that they are a tough competition. While others are relying on re introducing facelifted models and just changing interiors, Mahindra has actually introduced two new and NEW models which is an achievement.

My second vote for the Honda Amaze. It's a great car and VFM. Although knocking on the heels of city, it is still a strong contender.
Old 15th December 2018, 09:18   #270
BHPian

What new does it bring to the table? Driven almost all the vehicles above, i think marrying CVT tech to a diesel with such satisfying results, my vote goes the Honda Amaze. And not to mention it does well in all the other departments as well.

Was a close call between the Amaze and the Marazzo. The Marazzo too is a fabulous effort from Mahindra.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks