re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Looks like pricing is out. Cardekho ha this (New Delhi Ex Showroom

Style Diesel MT 16.5 lac
Super Diesel MT 17.2 lac
Smart Diesel MT 18 lac
Sharp Diesel MT 18.8 lac

Petrol Style MT at 15 lac going up to Smart AT at 16.8 lac and Sharp AT at 17.6 lac

Edit:
Something off - just 30k difference between Smart MT Petrol and Smart AT Petrol.
So MG is trying to pull off a Compass rather than a Creta. For the brand MG is, Hector will be a tough sell at these prices. Just an opinion based on my understanding of current market dynamics. Will be happy if Hector achieves traction at such prices.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 10:05   #842

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
So MG is trying to pull off a Compass rather than a Creta. For the brand MG is, Hector will be a tough sell at these prices. Just an opinion based on my understanding of current market dynamics. Will be happy if Hector achieves traction at such prices.
This has been in heir site for more than a month now . It is only their expectation and not official pricing. There are many inconsistencies in pricing of different models one of which you have rightly pointed out
madhavan1605 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 10:23   #843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
On the question MG versus Tata, I guess post launch prices and real world reviews will tell the whole story. It's still early days to comment if Hector can actually upset the Harrier's sales.
MG has to do a OnePlus to awe and upset the market. Being a Vivo, Oppo versus a Samsung will be pointless.
Hector is definitely not a 'OnePlus' and is more like a 'Vivo' but then Harrier is not exactly a 'Samsung' either. If they price the Hector on par with the Harrier, it will outsell by significant numbers IMHO. But they may price it 1.5-2 lakhs more and in that case the Harrier will still have price advantage.
Guna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 13:43   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Looks like pricing is out. Cardekho ha this (New Delhi Ex Showroom

Style Diesel MT 16.5 lac
Super Diesel MT 17.2 lac
Smart Diesel MT 18 lac
Sharp Diesel MT 18.8 lac

Petrol Style MT at 15 lac going up to Smart AT at 16.8 lac and Sharp AT at 17.6 lac

Edit:
Something off - just 30k difference between Smart MT Petrol and Smart AT Petrol.

This site seems to have gone too far as the official MG showroom in mumbai or website is still stating prices ''will be revealed'' by MG shortly.
Old 20th June 2019, 16:15   #845

Just saw news that Hector will be launched on 27th June.

Sounce : Financial express
madhavan1605 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 17:26   #846
Senior - BHPian

So the test drives have started in Faridabad as well. Saw one today at 3.30 around the place their dealership is located.

It was in White colour & the first impression is that Hector is not that big as made out to be. Yes it is longer & anything longer (read 7-seat variant) would have looked out of place. The tyres look apt for size of the vehicle & the paint quality seems rich. Only thing that looks out of place is the reflector at the back, which many would cover up with chrome IMO.

The Harrier definitely looks bigger for its width & design, but that's my personal opinion.

Overall from me. It will have it's own position in market & definitely good choice to establish the British brand.

PS : Didn't go for test drive (for the sake of knowing the vehicle) as don't want to bother salesperson calling me to meet sales target.
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 09:58   #847
Senior - BHPian

This masculine BLACK monster arrived at the dealership while I waited for my test drive. Looks regal. The TD itself went like clock-work. I arrived there to see every Tom, Dick and Harry with just one command 'Hello MG, Open Sunroof' and they looked at it with wonderment, like the ocean parted. I'm very sure new owners will show this off to full effect, for all and sundry. It was definitely the new party trick, till the time it stopped responding! The unit just wasn't interested in taking that command anymore. It would do everything but that. Somehow the AI in it decided 'enough is enough, No more sunroof'. And then our knight in shining armour and a baritone voice (to boot) steps in gives it a clear order, and the sunroof parts again - much to everyone's relief. The sales guys know this to be the wow feature and lead you straight to it. No talk of engine or displacement or specs or any such cackle. Bangalore, being the tech capital - they're all digging the tech! Coming to the test drive the engine has good grunt, but the gear slotting is not short so there is a bit of a delay in engaging. The vehicle offered a superb drive but the whole ride felt unsettled, since it was not taking the bumps very well. At first, I thought it's due to over-inflated tyres, but then I checked the psi on the info and it was all near 32. I have asked for a lengthy drive since this short 1 KM one was just not enough.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_9297.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_9276.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 22nd June 2019 at 10:26.
Sebring is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 11:18   #848
BHPian

Took a peek at the upcoming MG showroom here in Trivandrum, Kerala. Looks nearly finished and carries almost the same theme as in other MG showrooms.Couldn't go inside as it was raining and I was in a hurry.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190622_154330.jpg  

akhil_rpmlover is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 12:35   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Took a peek at the upcoming MG showroom here in Trivandrum, Kerala. Looks nearly finished and carries almost the same theme as in other MG showrooms.Couldn't go inside as it was raining and I was in a hurry.
They could have opted for a better location than that floor just below the appliances store where from outside the only thing not visible on display is a car.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 23rd June 2019 at 12:36.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 12:44   #850
BHPian

Honestly, this staged reveal is getting a bit boring. first the announcement, then the showroom dates, separate for petrol and diesel. Then a few more dates for the test drive and another for the prices. It is very cheeky and I feel they are playing hard to get. It also seems like they are doing this to judge the buzz of their launch and price it accordingly (note: expensive if buzzing too much!).
Similarly, they reveal the Kia Seltos but keep the doors locked so that the interiors can be revealed at a seperate event. Waste of resources IMO. Get it over with!
lemedico is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 13:26   #851
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Honestly, this staged reveal is getting a bit boring. first the announcement, then the showroom dates, separate for petrol and diesel. Then a few more dates for the test drive and another for the prices. It is very cheeky and I feel they are playing hard to get. It also seems like they are doing this to judge the buzz of their launch and price it accordingly (note: expensive if buzzing too much!)
Agreed. It feels as if everyone is trying to follow in the shoes of One Plus team who were very successful in creating a huge hype at launch of their first generation phone. IIRC there was an invite that you needed to have even to be eligible to buy the device during a flash sale and what not. Problem is this might not work in the case of Hector specially with the next big launch (read Seltos) is already hogging the limelight now.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 13:58   #852
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Hope people don't think it's a new home appliances showroom like LG!
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 18:24   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
They could have opted for a better location than that floor just below the appliances store where from outside the only thing not visible on display is a car.
Well the layman are now more aware about a newcomer called 'MG', than the Tata Harrier. They have done more than enough marketing that people know what MG is and where it is from.

Majority of the people are unaware about the Tata Harrier, the ads during IPL were very bad, there was less car and more of the actors, who no one cared

MG on the other hand, opened up sunroofs and tailgates, and people were amazed

More than the location, they should ensure good after sales and support for the car.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 21:14   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Hope people don't think it's a new home appliances showroom like LG!
The place used to be Harry Ford's second showroom in Trivandrum. It's getting converted to MG showroom as the group which owns the Harry Ford is also behind the MG one. Major portion of the building which houses this is a large home appliances store. That's why you see those items there. But trust me the showroom easily catches the attention of passers by and once the Hector gets there, the place is going to be very busy.
ask_017 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 22:01   #855
BHPian

I found a test vehicle in coonoor Highfield Tea estate. Sharing pics
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190612_155332.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190612_155610.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190612_155322.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190612_155457.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190612_155357.jpg  

PrashantPahwa is offline   (15) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks