Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2019, 00:46   #736
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Dark colour does well to hide the visual bulk(black plastic bumpers @ front/rear) Looks swell
It's a small city car and the usage should be restricted to it from safety POV. Period!!!
I suspect the same that it will be around 1 star with unstable body shell. Do you think if only city driving is done then safety is achieved?

80% of the car accidents are in the city limits.
Old 19th November 2019, 01:03   #737
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitahirrao View Post
I suspect the same that it will be around 1 star with unstable body shell.
That may not be a surprise as the much-hyped and pricier Hyundai's Santro scored a 2-star.

Even the bigger Ertiga got only 3-stars.

The best safety mechanism a car can get is a good driver who drives the car knowing its limits. I don't deny the fact that others on the road also should be good drivers, but 'expecting the unexpected' is a good attribute of a good driver. Also important is the condition of the car, but again, good driver won't drive a bad-condition car.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th November 2019 at 01:33.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 08:29   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitahirrao View Post
I suspect the same that it will be around 1 star with unstable body shell. Do you think if only city driving is done then safety is achieved?

80% of the car accidents are in the city limits.

Well personally I would never buy/own a car with unstable bodyshell anymore, one of the reasons why I preferred Jazz over Baleno inspite of the former being a sales dud & having lesser features for similar price. Heck, even India built i20 was rated with an unstable bodyshell(although it was for SA market). But then in our market these ratings have zero value as proven month-on-month in sales numbers.

We will see quite a few BHPians as well owning these and their rationale is its restricted for city usage only. As long as it serves the intended use-case, to each his/her own.

Last edited by SoumenD : 19th November 2019 at 08:32.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 11:12   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

We will see quite a few BHPians as well owning these and their rationale is its restricted for city usage only. As long as it serves the intended use-case, to each his/her own.
That’s exactly the argument RC Bhargava, Maruti’s chairman has made on a number occasions, each time receiving flak from us bhpians. However, it seems that this car which is the embodiment of his arguments is finding quite some favour even amongst us. Goes to show that our market is still maturing and there is still some time to go before these type of offerings start suffering in the market.
Old 19th November 2019, 15:46   #740
Senior - BHPian

Over 10,000 Maruti S-Presso cars sold in October 2019

According to Maruti Suzuki, 10,634 units of the S-Presso hatchback were sold in the month of October 2019. It was among the top 10 best selling cars last month.

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-spresso3.jpg

The Maruti S-Presso was launched in September this year. The car is available in four variants and prices start at Rs. 3.69 lakh (ex-showroom).

The S-Presso is powered by a BS-VI compliant 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine that produces 67 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 90 Nm @ 3,500 rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual and 5-speed automated manual transmission (AMT).

For the detailed October 2019 Sales Report click here (October 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis).

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 19th November 2019 at 15:50.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 16:12   #741
Distinguished - BHPian

So as expected, the nearest MS Arena showroom put up a 1 day stall for promotion of the SPresso in my office (Hinjawadi IT Park for those who know).
  • It pulled a lot of crowd obviously. I just stood at a distance listening in on people's discussions when walking away after checking the car out.
  • I have to say 80% were talking happy things. They were very positive about it & were totally accepting the SUV nomenclature. Nobody had an objection.
  • "Cute SUV" is what I heard the most.
  • Of the 20% others, most were only unhappy because WagonR makes a better sense with the pricing (Which it seems is around 5.9L OTR for the top trim (VXi+ AMT) from what I heard people say).
  • Nobody was exactly unhappy about the build, looks, metal/plastic thickness, paint quality etc.

Considering the IT industry is perceived to house some of the most educated professionals in our country, this reflects a lot. If people with thinking minds have accepted the car, no wonder it is selling more than 10k a month across all villages, towns and cities.

Here are some pictures I took by visiting once again when most people had gone back to work a couple of hours later after lunch. Couldn't take better angles or exposure settings - the ARENA fellow didn't like me taking pictures and started interfering politely by offering me documents, quotes etc. I got his message so left.

Up close - the bumper finish is sub-par. The piece where they are doing the DRL hack job as accessory looks quite bad without the DRL.

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-bumper.jpg

They have raised the car body. But that's about it! Anyone here likes the fully exposed fuel line going towards the fuel tank? Looks quite interesting...

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-fuelline.jpg

A picture of surroundings of the rear wheel well. Everything is really exposed & not very pleasant to look at. Exposed wiring & connectors? Really?

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-exposed-wheel-well.jpg

The way the rear bumper meets the wheel well. There is a bit too much of black plastic & too little of aesthetically good finish there.

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-rearbumper.jpg

• The cabin surely looks better than an Alto. Has better space in rear seat compared to the K10 (my car) & boot is practical thanks to the taller profile.
  • However - the raised stance is exposing a lot of hack-jobs! The Alto with its low stance, compact & well filled wheel wells, covers or hides all these items much better. Doesn't give a feel as if some covering panels have fallen off!
  • After spending some time with the car, I couldn't consider the overall package as "well engineered" for more than 5.5L OTR asking price. There are much better engineered cars at a stones throw away. For sure.
  • It has some good funky bits surely. Cabin is practical & with a good touch screen media nav. But for me that's not enough to cover the exposed bits.
  • I still feel the Celerio is a better car overall if one is shopping in Arena for a hatchback in this price range.
Reinhard is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 17:30   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quite right, Reinhard.

Quote:
MARUTI SUZUKI S-PRESSO IN TOP 10 BEST SELLING CARS SOLD IN INDIA WITHIN A MONTH OF ITS LAUNCH

Team OD |Updated: November 19, 2019, 03:52 PM IST

Maruti Suzuki S-Presso was launched last month in India for prices starting at Rs 3.69lakh ex-showroom. Within a month of its debut, Maruti Suzuki India has sold 10,634 units of the S-Presso which has ranked the newest entrant in the top 10 best selling cars in the country for the month of October
Link to the news -
http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/m...of-its-launch/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
... If people with thinking minds have accepted the car, no wonder it is selling more than 10k a month across all villages, towns and cities.
The article goes on to say -

Quote:
Expressing gratitude to customers for their overwhelming support, Mr Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, "Today, Indian buyers have a clear inclination towards feature-loaded, safe, comfortable and easy to own entry level cars. S-PRESSO has been able to carve out its own niche in the entry segment. S-PRESSO stands apart to offer unique experiences to its distinct customers in the segment. We are enthused with the response and thank our customers for their confidence in S-PRESSO"
Old 19th November 2019, 17:51   #743
BHPian

Re: Over 10,000 Maruti S-Presso cars sold in October 2019

First of all Congrats S-Presso for achieving the simple feat for any (most of) Maruti Suzuki car. I like (love, live, addicted to...) espresso (the coffee), not this S-Presso.

Two things here,
  1. Indians Love SUVs
  2. Indians Love Maruti Suzuki

I am thinking if only Kwid has the Suzuki logo. It will for sure be in the top 5.

Last edited by vijayshouree : 19th November 2019 at 17:55.
vijayshouree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 18:03   #744
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
According to Maruti Suzuki, 10,634 units of the S-Presso hatchback were sold in the month of October 2019. It was among the top 10 best selling cars last month.
It's a decent looking car with a BS 6 engine, plus Maruti. Seems BHPians were correct in predicting this would be a top seller
Old 19th November 2019, 18:19   #745
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
So as expected, the nearest MS Arena showroom put up a 1 day stall for promotion of the SPresso in my office
As expected, mostly negative points. And seems like you have taken these pictures while you were falling down, or in the middle of a chaos - that all pictures are from the weirdest angles!

Hope a bigger sized tyre can resolve this "bug" of exposed body parts. But then, is Maruti thinking that exposing body parts actually grabs more attention?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th November 2019 at 18:21.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 18:20   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Granite Grey S-Presso with some nice alloys:

Attachment 1935436

Attachment 1935437

Attachment 1935438

Source-Facebook
In the other thread, I just said, I don't like S-Presso, I'm still on my words but this thing with these alloys looks lovely.

Last edited by vijayshouree : 19th November 2019 at 18:22.
vijayshouree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 18:25   #747
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayshouree View Post
I am thinking if only Kwid has the Suzuki logo. It will for sure be in the top 5.
Along with a Suzuki imprint on the engine inside would be better.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 18:29   #748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
As expected, mostly negative points. And seems like you have taken these pictures while you were falling down, or in the middle of a chaos - that all pictures are from the weirdest angles!
We can wait for better professional pictures and positive points from other members who are fine ignore these details. Maybe you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Hope a bigger sized tyre can resolve this "bug" of exposed body parts. But then, is Maruti thinking that exposing body parts actually grabs more attention?
I'm sure you understand what a bigger tyre does to a lightweight car. And a person buying a car with budget in mind, spending a bomb on such larger wheels? I don't think many will.

(PS - Nice one about grabbing attention! )

Last edited by Reinhard : 19th November 2019 at 18:36.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 21:13   #749
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti S-Presso Petrol-Automatic Mileage: Real vs Claimed.

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-1.png

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 09:56   #750
BHPian

19.96 kmpl in city is hard to believe. If real-world mileage goes so close to the claimed efficiency then that'll be phenomenal in my opinion.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks