Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2020, 17:41   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Some points I agree to but the Nexon also has some important features that the lower variants of the EcoSport lack. (Leaving the S variant aside)

1. Rear AC vent
2. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay in lower variants.
3. Space to accommodate the 5th passenger in the rear seat
4. Better ride quality.
5. 5 star crash safety rating.
These are more important to me than Auto headlights, auto wipers, HID vs Halogen.

Since lower variants are more preferred due to their VFM nature I would rather prefer the Nexon over the EcoSport. But in case of the S variant vs XZ(O) my choice will be the EcoSport.
I agree on your analysis. But I would include titanium+ AT over the amt petrol of Tata as well.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 22:50   #437
Senior - BHPian

Nexon wins under ‘Mobility Design: Passenger Vehicle’ at the 10th CII Design Excellence Awards 2020.

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-smartselect_20201224224815_twitter.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 10:58   #438
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon Jan 2021 sales highest ever at 8,225 Units. Previous high registered was in Oct 2020 at 6,888 units

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-smartselect_20210203105410_chrome.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 12:02   #439
BHPian

If they swapped the AMT with a TC /CVT/DCT , I would surely pick one up. Fact is Nexon has most bases covered- 5 seater space (Venue/Sonet/Ecosport miss out) , 5 star safety, modern interior (Brezza misses out), turbo petrol engine (even if average) .
Add a proper automatic and it captures the free market space that exists today all the way till the Creta/Seltos IVT's.
JishD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 13:12   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoAutum View Post
What I like in Ecosport is the looks, the back with spare wheel is just amazing. I really loved the finish of both exteriors and interiors.

One reason why I was inclined towards Freestyle are the safety, anti-rollover and traction control features. Ecosort only offers these features in top variant while Nexon XM is loaded with TCS, hill assist and Brake assist. My question is how important are these features and can one give up for looks (Black Ecosport looks so premium)?
I was also considering the Freestyle a couple of months back (the top end TDCI) which has a solid set of features and a wonderful engine. However, when I stepped into the showroom, and took a test drive, my better half immediately vetoed the Freestyle and wanted a test drive of the Ecosport. The Ecosport is in another price bracket altogether and therefore, much more premium in terms of build quality and features, not to mention looks - and of course the same superb TDCI engine. Once she took a test drive of the Ecosport, the decision was immediately made and we landed up with a lightning blue TDCI Titanium S Ecosport in December 2020. In hindsight, a very good decision since the Ecosport tugged more at the heart strings than the Freestyle.

But that said, if your budget does not permit the Ecosport and permits the top end Freestyle with 6 airbags etc, I would say go for the Freestyle. If on the other hand you are taken in by the butch looks of the Ecosport, and can afford the Titanium or higher variants, blindly go for the Ecosport. It is a better built and better quality product and if budget permits, the Ecosport would be my choice.

Not to say that the Freestyle is a bad product, it is just in another price bracket and therefore cannot compare to the Ecosport in feel-good factor. Otherwise, the Freestyle, especially in black, looks, drives and feels quite rad.

Cannot personally comment on the Nexon since that was never in my shortlist - somehow, its design language cannot match up to the proportionate and clean lines of the Ecosport as far as I am concerned, and hence did not consider it. I am sure it is a very solid all round product though.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 3rd February 2021 at 13:20.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 18:11   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Nexon Jan 2021 sales highest ever at 8,225 Units. Previous high registered was in Oct 2020 at 6,888 units
Good to see that Nexon is bringing in huge numbers and the credit goes to a fabulous facelift which has made this car even more SUVish then before.

I remember when I bought Harrier(Nov'20) and at the same time enquired about the Nexon for my brother. SA was pretty straight and firm that there will be at least 2 months of waiting period on Tiago and Nexon at the very least and for the first time in history, they don't have an inventory of any car by year-end. So, expect no year-end discount. In fact, getting a car from the plant is a big deal.

Good to see TATA on a roll, More power to them. However, the showroom experience left a lot to be desired.
Old 3rd February 2021, 18:48   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Nexon Jan 2021 sales highest ever at 8,225 Units
Does this number include Nexon EV sales as well?
Old 3rd February 2021, 19:22   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
If they swapped the AMT with a TC /CVT/DCT , I would surely pick one up. Fact is Nexon has most bases covered- 5 seater space (Venue/Sonet/Ecosport miss out) , 5 star safety, modern interior (Brezza misses out), turbo petrol engine (even if average) .
Add a proper automatic and it captures the free market space that exists today all the way till the Creta/Seltos IVT's.
Bang on. This is the most compelling option today for the market less than 15L. It covers everything and it's sad that it doesn't have a proper automatic gearbox. I am in the market for a new automatic car and I was absolutely blown away by the quality on offer in Nexon. Had it been with a proper CVT or TC, it's a no brainer.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 21:37   #444
Senior - BHPian

Happy Valentine's Day wishes from Tata Nexon!

Happy Valentine's Day wishes from Tata Nexon

Cheers!
Old 13th February 2021, 22:22   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's sad to see Tata Motors hasn't got an automatic gearbox in it's arsenal even after being around for so long. There's so much pent up demand that it's silly to see TML depend on Hyundai and other's for it's slush box. Wonder what sort of research guys at TML do??
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 20:21   #446
BHPian

Hi guys,

Asking for a friend looking for petrol cSUV.
What is the general consensus on Nexon petrol?

Seeing some horror stories about engine oil leaks on altroz with same engine.

I have recommend if he adamant on Nexon go for diesel variant or Venue (if he sticks to petrol)

Thoughts?
Old 28th February 2021, 00:03   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Hi guys,
Asking for a friend looking for petrol cSUV.
What is the general consensus on Nexon petrol?
Seeing some horror stories about engine oil leaks on altroz with same engine.
I have recommend if he adamant on Nexon go for diesel variant or Venue (if he sticks to petrol)
Thoughts?
Been driving one since 2019. It's a BS-4, mid variant, petrol Nexon. Summarising my experience below:
Faults & failures from 2019 till date
None

Positives
✓ Robust build quality & good crash safety ratings
✓ Spacious cabin with adequate width
✓ Good frontal visibility with minimal to no dash reflection in windscreen
✓ Adequate luggage space
✓ Well tyred. Even my base+1 variant has 195 R16 section wheels & tyres offering good levels of adhesion.
✓ Well calibrated brakes. ABS not overtly sensitive & cuts in at the last moment.
✓ Excellent high speed stability. Does not get deflected from its trajectory even if you hit bumps / rough patches at mid-corner
✓ Taut ride. Feels nice & secure at high speeds. Does not wallow at high speeds at all. Well controlled body-roll. Resists understeer remarkably well for such a tall vehicle.
✓ Sixth gear makes it an excellent cruiser. 100kmph in 6th is just shy of 2000 rpm.
✓ Sufficient illumination,( mine is normal halogen bulb setup) for extended night drives.
✓ Till now, rattle free. Nothing has fallen apart inside or outside.
✓ Acceptable fuel consumption. I get 10.5 - 11kmpl in horrendous Kolkata city traffic. Best highway fuel consumption I've got is 17.5kmpl. I always drive in "sport mode". Approximately 90% AC. All Fuel consumption figures based on tankfull to tankfull method, measured at "auto-cut off" at the petrol pump.
In the hills the best I've got

Negatives
✓ Tata's 1.2 L indirect port injection turbo petrol engine, no match for smoothness or revv-ability when compared to the existing crop of small displacement 1-litre direct injection turbo gasoline units available in the market.
✓ Engine takes a long time to "break-in" . At least 2500-3000kms to get totally "free"
✓ High floor & rear sill makes ingress at rear difficult for the elderly
✓ "Letter-box" rear windscreen doesn't do any favours for rear visibility. I don't have a problem as I had owned a Gen-1 Swift once and that was probably worse in terms of rear visibility!
✓ Gearshift detent springing should be tightened up to impart a feel of a more "slick shifting" gearbox. You will not miss any shifts in the present set-up. It's just that Nexon's rivals have snappier gearbox set-up's.
✓ Narrow driver's footwell
✓ Lower back / lumbar support for driver's seat need to be firmed up. After 4 hours of continuous driving you'll get low back pain.
✓ Absence of boot light means you have to hunt around in the dark to find & extract your luggage.

Overall it's a good car.
arjab is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 12:44   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata has made a small update to the centre console, gone are the buttons and knobs below the AC vents and have been replaced by the ‘NEXON’ badge. No change to the price, change made will be applicable to cars manufactured from April ‘21.

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-16bfc4ef85224208adf886785c494eed.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 17:48   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Tata has made a small update to the centre console, gone are the buttons and knobs below the AC vents and have been replaced by the 'NEXON' badge. No change to the price, change made will be applicable to cars manufactured from April '21.

Attachment 2139629
So no analogue volume controls either? This is some disgusting level of cost cutting by Tata.
Old 2nd April 2021, 18:24   #450
BANNED

Quote:
I agree with you 100%. Nexon definitely miss CVT/DCT/TC options. Sales figures would have created new benchmark in car industry with proper automatic options.
Rajpr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks