Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2020, 16:07   #526
BHPian

Re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

So during my first service, I had complained of wipers juddering but the service center folks asked me to add washer fluid but even that had not helped. So yesterday I went to the service center and told them that the vipers seem to be of a very old make & that its leaving horrible streaks. They checked the wiper angle setting etc and concluded that the blades have become hard. I told them that the car is a month old & that this is a quality issue to which I got a standard reply that rubber parts are not covered under warranty.

I find this argument so stupid. Its not that I am complaining after 6 months of usage. Its barely a month old car. I was told the wipers need to be replaced & that I will have to pay for it. I understand that its merely a 400 rs item, but still I feel its stupid that a month old cars wipers turns hard. Note that my car has a proper covered parking & has not been exposed to the sun for long hours.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 17:38   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Its not that I am complaining after 6 months of usage. Its barely a month old car. I was told the wipers need to be replaced & that I will have to pay for it. I understand that its merely a 400 rs item, but still I feel its stupid that a month old cars wipers turns hard. Note that my car has a proper covered parking & has not been exposed to the sun for long hours.
Most dealer stockyards don't have proper covered parking facilities and new cars are just left in the open, exposed to heat, dust and rain until somebody buys it. It is such a sad sight to see. Usually, I've observed that most of the cars parked in such places have their wipers kept in the service position to prevent hardening of the rubber blades due to the heat from the windshield, especially during summer. Please check how long your car was parked in the stockyard before delivery, and rule out this cause before anything else.
ram.iyer95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 18:23   #528
BHPian

Quote:
I find this argument so stupid. Its not that I am complaining after 6 months of usage. Its barely a month old car. I was told the wipers need to be replaced & that I will have to pay for it. I understand that its merely a 400 rs item, but still I feel its stupid that a month old cars wipers turns hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
Please check how long your car was parked in the stockyard before delivery, and rule out this cause before anything else.
As the previous member rightly said, decode your VIN & find out the manufacturing date of the car. If it indeed is a factory fresh, month old car, that’s unacceptable. However, if you realise that the date of manufacture is 6 months ago or older, then it’s natural for the rubber in the wipers to age (dry rot) and start to chirp/groan.

Unfortunately, automotive wipers used these days in econobox cars are of average quality and hardly last a year if used in harsh summer conditions. I myself use Bosch Clear Advantage and despite being branded, they start chirping/groaning after 10-12months. Planned obsolescence.

If you really want your wipers to last the life of the car, invest in costly but durable silicone wiper blades.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 21:35   #529
BHPian

I spoke to a friend who works with Toyota. He said no matter when the car was manufactured, it was billed to me a month back and the wipers if asked to be replaced so soon then it should be covered under warranty. He will take it up with the dealership and update.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th November 2020 at 19:55. Reason: Typo
Old 1st September 2020, 15:00   #530
BHPian

Quick update: I had written to Toyota about the wipers requiring replacement in a month old car. In the past 2 days I have got 5 calls from various folks, from Toyota service to the dealership service. They all agreed that its a fair ask that the wipers are to be replaced under warranty. Day after tomorrow I shall be taking my car to them to get it replaced.

Do note, i am not acting chindi for something worth 400 bucks. My fight was for their warranty replacement policy, which even they agreed required an exception in this case and I am glad that their complaint addressing system works brilliantly. I never had to followup and I got prompt updates via phone calls and via emails. Kudos to the folks at Toyota.

Last edited by Dieselritzer : 1st September 2020 at 15:08.
Dieselritzer is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 14:47   #531
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Glanza back on track with its numbers, records 2,572 units in September dispatches.

And the highly successful combination– Baleno+Glanza sales shall be 22,005 units!

Source: Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 14:52   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. Kudos to the folks at Toyota.
Yes, that's the beauty of Toyota. When escalated, they go out of the way to help the customer out.

Enjoy the exemplary service.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 4th November 2020, 18:02   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

See how the Toyota- Suzuki alliance is taken globally!

Quote:
New Starlet soars as Toyota SA hits 2020 passenger-car sales high…
Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-starletstatic.jpg

Quote:
Toyota South Africa Motors says October saw the firm record its highest passenger sales total of 2020 thus far, with the new Starlet managing 1 102 units.

The Starlet cracked four figures in its first full month on sale.
As a reminder, the hatchback is effectively a rebadged Suzuki Baleno.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 19:34   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
See how the Toyota- Suzuki alliance is taken globally!

Link
The Starlet gets six airbags and a 1.4L K14B engine from the older Ciaz! I wish Toyota gets Maruti into giving them rights to sell this model in India as a Glanza!
Old 15th December 2020, 15:10   #535
BHPian

On December 13, 2020, my Glanza got hit by a scooter and a minor dent came on the front left fender. Somehow the door was not opening properly due to the reduced gap.

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-glanza_1.png

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-glanza_2.png

But the real pain about to get started.

I was in Jamshedpur due to work-related reasons. I visited Bebbco Toyota at Adityapur Industrial area the next day. The service advisor attended me quickly and he found the dent to be very small. Though he was not sure about how long it would take to repair it he received my car. Upon inspecting KMs he suggested the 10k kms service and I agreed. He assured me that he would check my car by the body shop manager and let me know the timeline.
The response was quick but I found people in the particular ASS are keen to work on Innova or Fortuners before anything else. They wanted to park my car aside and look into a white Innova Crysta. Though I received SMS update about my 10k service to be finished towards evening that same day, I never received the timeline by which I will get my car body repaired.
Upon multiple follow-ups, the service manager said it would take 2-3 days to complete the work and requested me to send insurance papers (Toyota insurance).
The next day the pain begins. SA texts me that the body shop manager indicated that it would take 7-8 days to get my car fixed. I was shocked to hear that because the small dent repair seems a two-hour job.

I immediately contacted the CR Manager and reply was null. She assured that she will get back but no response.

I raised an issue with Toyota Customer service and they are yet to help me out.

I am so sad that even after paying a hefty amount on Toyota insurance, Toyota protect, Toyota this and that, I am still in a pathetic situation. I regret selling my VW polo due to bad ASS support because Toyota is not different.

I could have chosen Baleno, but I took Glanza just for sake of service. But with a heavy heart, I understood those car ASS guys have the same attitude across brands.
Also, be assured to get discriminated for buying the cheapest product from the brand.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 15th December 2020 at 21:51. Reason: Fixed attachments. Thanks.
rajarshi94 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 21:55   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajarshi94 View Post
I was shocked to hear that because the small dent repair seems a two-hour job.
No way such repair/painting job should such a long time unless the workshop is lazy or flooded with accident repair cars or are they replacing the fender? Because sometimes, no matter how small the dent is, it is difficult to restore it back to it's original shape and they have no option but to replace it.Have you checked with them and/or is there damage on the door as well? If they are replacing it, that may explain why they said 7-8 days time for repairs.

It is always a better to take the opinion of an independent and reputed garage for such minor repairs that does not require major repair work. Not only does it work out cheaper, but they do a better job as well.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 15th December 2020 at 22:05.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 23:03   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
No way such repair/painting job should such a long time unless the workshop is lazy or flooded with accident repair cars or are they replacing the fender?
The body shop manager told me earlier that they will do denting and the door has no damage other than few scrapes. SA also informed earlier that it would take only 2-3 days.
But suddenly their quoted time got changed without any justification.
I showed the car earlier to a denting guy nearby my stay in Jamshedpur, he said it's pretty minor dent and can be fixed within an hour or two; the rest is repainting time. I could not take a chance as the color is metallic and it's pain if the paint doesn't match.

Update: I went the twitter way and the dealership is now ready to deliver within 2 days.
rajarshi94 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 23:07   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am so sad that even after paying a hefty amount on Toyota insurance, Toyota protect, Toyota this and that, I am still in a pathetic situation. I regret selling my VW polo due to bad ASS support because Toyota is not different.

I could have chosen Baleno, but I took Glanza just for sake of service. But with a heavy heart, I understood those car ASS guys have the same attitude across brands.
Also, be assured to get discriminated for buying the cheapest product from the brand.
I am sure a Maruti service station can complete the same work. The Baleno is known for its light build, so Maruti stations will be seasoned in dealing with dings and dents associated with their cars!

One can understand the perspective of the Toyota dealership!
Old 16th December 2020, 21:17   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The body shop manager told me earlier that they will do denting and the door has no damage other than few scrapes.
Please get those scrapes on the door appropriately repaired/repainted as well. If left as it is, it can easily start rusting.

Quote:
Update: I went the twitter way and the dealership is now ready to deliver within 2 days.
The power of social media!!! Glad that things got moving after you went on social media.
Old 31st January 2021, 20:47   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Glanza continues its success story:

Toyota sells 11,126 units in January- 21, Glanza-Urban Cruiser sales cross 50,000.

Quote:
Glanza forms the entry point to the Toyota range. Importantly, it is drawing new buyers – new customers have contributed as much as 40-60%to the premium hatchback's sales. Also, a key differentiator for drawing new buyers into the Toyota fold is the Japanese carmaker’s customer experience.
Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks