Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Old 1st March 2020, 22:30   #496
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
My F-in-L is considering buying one Also, we fear Toyota service centres may be paying more attention to pricey Fortuners and Innovas . Glanza would be at lowest end of their car spectrum. Whatsay guys?
I give my 13 year old Alto for service at Nexa. They treat me as they treat me when I leave my Ciaz!

The service cost is same for both of these cars. I get the same treatment, at least as much as I can see.
Old 1st March 2020, 22:38   #497
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
I was of the impression that Glanza can be serviced at MS service centres, atleast after the warranty period. Isn't it possible?
Not sure about that. But it would be good if that happens because I still feel Maruti A.S.S. has better experience at working on Baleno than guys at Toyota. In another 2 years, Toyota service personnel may have gained enough experience on Baleno but as things stand right now I think Maruti has an edge. Don't know if one can buy Glanza spares at Maruti (and vice versa) and also if there is any price difference between spares of these Siamese twins.
Old 2nd March 2020, 12:48   #498
BHPian

The option of removing Toyota badges and replacing them with Suzuki should help in getting the Glanza serviced at MS And then confidently, we can slap Suzuki badges on Fortuner and some or other way get it serviced at Suzuki service centers.
It would serve a good lesson to Toyota for the rebadging effort!
PNTLovesNano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 13:42   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Not sure about that....

These days I get my Skoda serviced in a Maruti ASS (I am done with Skoda Service). Not a dealership run workshop though, but one listed in their site. Should'nt be a problem for Glanza.
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 10:43   #500
Distinguished - BHPian

March sales /dispatches, Glanza figures stand at 2104 for March.

Source: Maruti Suzuki
Old 30th June 2020, 07:13   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota's venture with Suzuki in the badge engineered Glanza proves a success for the team.

-Toyota has sold over 25,000 units of the Glanza in its first year ( estimated ~ 24k units)

-Almost 40-60 percent of Glanza buyers are first time Toyota owners

- Base G variant of the Glanza is seeing the highest demand

- Around 21-24 percent of Glanza customers are choosing the hybrid option

Quote:
Toyota's ease of service, roadside assistance and warranty are other factors which have helped enhance the value proposition and close the deal.
Quote:
Spurred by the success of the Glanza, Toyota is now gearing up to launch the second product under its collaboration with Suzuki. Slated to be dubbed the Urban Cruiser, the rebadged version of the Maruti Vitara Brezza will sport greater product differentiation through some mild styling tweaks
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th June 2020 at 07:15.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed