Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2019, 16:38   #391
BHPian

re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

So, for Glanza (other than the T logo), it is basically a benefit of Longer Warranty, Perceived Better Sales Experience and

a Unique G Manual Variant which provides

all the Benefits of Baleno ZETA Dualjet ( without a Rear Parking Camera ) at a price cheaper than a Baleno DELTA Dualjet Variant.

So key take away to us, if interested in a Dualjet Engine (India's Most Fuel Efficient Petrol Engine!), head to the nearest Toyota Showroom.

Last edited by Moto$apien : 6th June 2019 at 16:46.
Moto$apien is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 16:39   #392
BHPian

Additional features of Glanza G Hybrid variant over Baleno Delta Hybrid variant:
  • Smartplay Audio System with Android Auto/Apple Car Play (without reverse camera)
  • Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels
  • Electrochromic Rear View Mirror
  • Front Center Armrest with storage
  • Luggage Room Lamp
  • Chrome Door Handles
etc..

All these additional features and priced even less than the Baleno Delta Hybrid? The kit we are getting is equivalent to Baleno Zeta Hybrid.

Are we missing something?
Sherlocked is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 16:49   #393
Senior - BHPian

Wow I am totally impressed! With such aggressive pricing and better warranty, Toyota Glanza becomes a much more attractive buy than the Baleno. No doubt Toyota has learnt a good lesson from the overpriced Yaris' market response, or the lack of it.

While they could have added some differentiation in the product, I am happy in a way that they didn't mess with an otherwise clean design.

Still waiting for the official review, eagerly.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 16:59   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
Boy oh boy!! I did not see that one coming! Initially was pleasantly surprised by the similar pricing and thought G MT is comparable to the Delta Hybrid. But Toyota actually priced the Zeta Hybrid level variant LOWER than Baleno's Delta Hybrid. How on earth did they manage to do that!! At 7.22 lakhs the Glanza G Hybrid (Baleno Zeta Hybrid) is fantastic VFM. My jaw is still on the floor!!
It's a masterstroke. I'm pleasantly surprised by the aggressive pricing by Toyota. I think Maruti too didn't see this coming (is it so?). It's interesting to see how Glanza's sales stack up against Baleno's in coming months.
kskthere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 17:05   #395
BHPian

This is the exact same car, right ? Or have Toyota also worked on the mechanicals like suspension, seating position etc ? I'm asking because I find the seating position in the Baleno extremely tiring. If the Glanza is better, this could be a strong contender for my next car.
Old 6th June 2019, 18:06   #396
BHPian

I am still not over the fact that Toyota is giving us a car that it bought from Maruti at a price cheaper than Maruti. How can they do this? Are they losing money per car to gain market share and volumes? I am sure this is not possible without keeping Maruti in loop. This is beyond imagination.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th June 2019 at 09:27. Reason: loosing > losing.
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 18:06   #397
BHPian

Will Toyota price the upcoming, rebadged Ciaz & Brezza similarly ? Did Maruti Suzuki do an oopsie with this whole deal ?

And just like that, this boring debadging exercise got a whole lot more exciting!

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 6th June 2019 at 18:13.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 19:11   #398
Senior - BHPian

A good time to buy the Toyota's Baleno, if I recall correctly, the Yaris' introductory price too was good considering it came it six air bags, then they increased the price after some time (and dealers started offering discounts after it bombed). Lets just hope Toyota doesn't do the same with Baleno.. err Glanza. I don't think they will.

If what they say about Toyota's service is true, I would go and buy one from there. A friend of mine had a bad experience with first service of his Baleno at Nexa (Sehgal, Pune), they dented the door while delivery and said they would replace the entire door, but actually they did a shoddy job of repainting and lied to him that they had replaced it. After a lot of quarrel and drama, he forced them to replace the door with another car's which they had in stockyard
NiInJa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 20:54   #399
BHPian

On a lighter note, Toyota has just made life for car thieves much easier. Steal a Baleno, change the logos, sell it as a Glanza.
Minimal work, maximum price!

Heck, even the police won't be able to recognise it!
porsche_guy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 21:01   #400
BHPian

If Toyota can sell Glanza at this price , just imagine the amount of money Maruti was making till now. It was just milking the customers. Wondering how Maruti has agreed to the Glanza pricing or they were kept in the dark!
turbowhistle is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 21:44   #401
BHPian

Toyota Glanza's pricing is certainly pleasantly surprising . It does make a compelling proposition for someone who is looking at Baleno.

Why would someone choose a Baleno over the Glanza if that someone is just looking at a petrol version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota's 'mystery' car ready for
I bet you wouldn't have anticipated the buzz on this forum for the Glanza

The 'mystery' was not the car but the price.
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 21:46   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
On a lighter note, Toyota has just made life for car thieves much easier. Steal a Baleno, change the logos, sell it as a Glanza.
Minimal work, maximum price!

Heck, even the police won't be able to recognise it!
You may be looking to mention it the other war around. Why would someone steal a costlier car, and sell it as a cheaper one?
gupta_chd is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 21:52   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
You may be looking to mention it the other war around. Why would someone steal a costlier car, and sell it as a cheaper one?
Yeah! Didn't see the prices till now

Last edited by porsche_guy : 6th June 2019 at 21:55.
Old 6th June 2019, 22:03   #404
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
If Toyota can sell Glanza at this price , just imagine the amount of money Maruti was making till now. It was just milking the customers. Wondering how Maruti has agreed to the Glanza pricing or they were kept in the dark!
May be Toyota has priced the car at ‘Toyota premium’. The assessment team would have considered the price and quality of Maruti parts and would have added the ‘Toyota premium’ on top of it and arrived at a price. But they have missed to see the actual price Maruti is asking currently for Baleno. So NEXA is even premium compared to a Toyota!!!!
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 22:04   #405
BHPian

These are my thoughts on the Glanza story.

1) I dont see a reason for anyone to buy the petrol versions of Baleno when the Glanza is offering the same at lower price and with better warranty.

2) Lets keep Rumours about Toyota acquiring Suzuki aside. Is this a deal on which the Baleno brand will be given up by Suzuki and eventually the Glanza being its successor?

3) Let the story be anything, this might be a market study move by Toyota-Suzuki team to understand some mysteries of our market like :

a) Whether a Maruti can be sold as any other brand ( Glanza) along with orginal model (Baleno) and gain the majority share of sales.

b)Does people value the higher warranty period (Glanza) or the larger service network( Baleno) ?

This seems to be an interesting strategy by Toyota-Suzuki. Expecting intresting theories and stories about the topic.
albertprince is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks