Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2021, 13:59   #136
BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The New Scorpio shows its C-Shaped LED DRLs, spied on test:

Attachment 2102844
I hate to break it up now and may end up as a spoiler before the actual image comes out. But I guess we should not look the the DRL design separately and as an integrated DRL + Fog lamp unit, which may turn out as an actual Scorpion shape if lit along with the fog lamps (of older gen Scorpio).

Also, it might complement the name "Scorpio Sting / Scorpion"
Old 7th January 2021, 15:19   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like its an improvement from the side & front profiles over the current Scorpio. Rear still not pleasant for my eyes. Looks very MVP like even now (just like it did an year ago). But given that some cars (like Sonet) have managed to surprise in their transition from camo-test-mules to production versions - I'm hoping the rear area of the Scorpio will also eventually get finished good. Fingers crossed!

The one area where the Scorpio has really needed an improvement from gen 1 is interiors. Parts quality, ergonomics & finish leave a lot to desire. The new Scorpio really needs to fix these items if it wants to have a steady sales trajectory. Even in Tier-2 sub-urban and rural areas otherwise, KIA-Hyundai are encroaching into Mahindra territory otherwise on pure merit.

Last edited by Reinhard : 7th January 2021 at 15:33.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 17:11   #138
VVN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Seems like its an improvement from the side & front profiles over the current Scorpio. Rear still not pleasant for my eyes. Looks very MVP like even now (just like it did an year ago). Even in Tier-2 sub-urban and rural areas otherwise, KIA-Hyundai are encroaching into Mahindra territory otherwise on pure merit.
Couldn't agree more. The rear looks very Van like to my eyes. I wish they had added the spare wheel here. Just makes any car go from a simple hatchback to an SUV (For us Indians). Just look at the Ecosport.

Can't wait for this launch though.
Old 7th January 2021, 21:29   #139
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this rendering by Indian Auto. If new Scorpio looks like this, then Mahindra has a winner.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/production-sp...-on-spy-shots/
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 21:57   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Just saw this rendering by Indian Auto. If new Scorpio looks like this, then Mahindra has a winner.
The render looks so cool. Looks a neat evolution from the current design language. Still I feel the overall height of the car is on the shorter side?
Old 8th January 2021, 09:49   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Just saw this rendering by Indian Auto.
IMO, this looks like a mishmash of the current gen scorpio and xuv500, which tries to smoothen out a boxy car. Might have been simpler to retain the boxy looks of the scorpio and get ergonomics and mechanicals right.
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-z101.jpg
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 10:36   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
IMO, this looks like a mishmash of the current gen scorpio and xuv500...
I honestly hope that the final output isn't too much like this rendering....it looks like an overgrown TUV300 to me, whichever way I look at it. Sorry, not cutting it!
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 16:19   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
IMO, this looks like a mishmash of the current gen scorpio and xuv500, which tries to smoothen out a boxy car. Might have been simpler to retain the boxy looks of the scorpio and get ergonomics and mechanicals right.
But...there is only so much you can do with a boxy shape. If they leave it all boxy and just enlarge in all directions, people would say, "what's new? Same old boxy, albeit a bit bigger". Maybe that's why they infused some curves here and there. The colour of the car in pic is really aweful. I'm sure dark shades would look more appealing.
Old 9th January 2021, 22:39   #144
BANNED

Here's the new scorpio, with the current scorpio right behind it.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-mahindraxuv500scorpio11536x864.jpg  

turbo is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 09:49   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I was with driving alongside the next gen Scorpio on the highway for a couple of hours.

Having observed it in person for quite some time, I can tell you that the stance is great. It has good ground clearance but the roof line has been lowered and the track is wider, so it has a kinda of Landcruiser 80 series body profile. i.e, wide track, high GC, but body not un-proportionality tall like in the current generation Scorpio.

If one wants a proper 4WD Body on frame 4 Door Vehicle from an Indian manufacturer the next Gen Scorpio will be you only choice. With Tata's having vacated the 4WD space, despite the so called Land Rover heritage, if one wants a relatively affordable 4x4/AWD vehicle, Mahindra Showrooms will be the place to go to..
4x4addict is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 23:48   #146
BHPian

Some more pics -

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpio1.png

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpio2.png

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpio3.png
MaanSingh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 20:53   #147
BHPian

Scorpio and XUV 500 Next Gen -

MaanSingh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 21:46   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
What a bland rear profile, infact the rear profile looks so much like the current Xylo. While it does make the use of rear door more practical making ingress and exit easier, it makes the car look kind of MUVish and takes away that aggressive sporty stance. Look the rear door it's almost a perfect rectangle.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-images-20210125t212038.958.jpeg
Name:  Scorpio1__01.png
Views: 4641
Size:  283.0 KB
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-images-20210125t213042.156.jpeg

Last gen or even earlier versions had a much more sculpted, raised rear bumper.
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-images-20210125t213718.467.jpeg
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-images-20210125t212415.126.jpeg

Scorpio or any other SUV for that matter has a raised rear bumper to give it a better departure angle, and aesthetically it makes them look aggressive providing a sporty stance and at the same time makes getting in and out of rear door an exercise in itself. Hence, the added Sport in the S of the UV Low hung rear bumper is strictly MUV territory.
Maybe Mahindra is trying to combine the space and practicality of Xylo with the muscular looks of Scorpio, which if done properly would make this one absolutely brilliant. What if this is the new Xylo? After all even the current gen Scorpio is using the underpinnings of the current gen. and now discounted Xylo which was released before it. Yeah, but that's not a possibility, this is the new Scorpio with a Sting.

Last edited by wrongturn : 25th January 2021 at 21:52.
wrongturn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 00:33   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
Scorpio and XUV 500 Next Gen -

https://Youtu.be/doU_2ozqY0M
Now that's some real fresh scoop video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
While it does make the use of rear door more practical making ingress and exit easier, it makes the car look kind of MUVish and takes away that aggressive sporty stance. Look the rear door it's almost a perfect rectangle.....
Scorpio or any other SUV for that matter has a raised rear bumper to give it a better departure angle, What if this is the new Xylo? After all even the current gen Scorpio is using the underpinnings of the current gen. and now discounted Xylo which was released before it. Yeah, but that's not a possibility, this is the new Scorpio with a Sting.
True. The rear door does look too big and square like. The low set rear bumper not helping matters.
Agree that usability would be great, but departure angle may suffer.
But, have to reserve comments till seeing it without camouflage. The camouflage gives a monotonous tone and hides much of the cuts/creases and details.
Am pretty sure that in the production version, with the logos, number plate, number plate surround garnish, door handles and all will make the look much better.

And no, the Marazzo is the Xylo successor.
The Scorpio has enough brand duties of its own.
Old 27th January 2021, 20:22   #150
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio production ready prototype spotted. Final stages of testing underway for the Scorpio

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20210127201916_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20210127201925_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20210127201933_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20210127201941_chrome.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks