Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2022, 18:34   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 budget crossover for India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

Citroen C3 unveil

Citroen C3 in metal, media drive reviews drops on 15th June, 12pm.

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-smartselect_20220607183129_instagram.jpg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-smartselect_20220607183138_instagram.jpg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-smartselect_20220607183148_instagram.jpg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-smartselect_20220607183201_instagram.jpg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-smartselect_20220607183210_instagram.jpg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-smartselect_20220607183219_instagram.jpg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-smartselect_20220607183227_instagram.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 7th June 2022 at 18:41.
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 18:50   #347
Senior - BHPian

Like the first feelers.
  • 6 Speed MT - Only in B segment with Polo now gone and discounting iMT for now.
  • 190 NM torque - beats the most torquey TSIs from VW/Skodas.
  • 0-100 in 10 secs - Best in all cars upto 15 Lakh OTR that too in MT. Matches Honda City MT for reference.
  • 2540 wheelbase - Imagine this is still 10 mm more than Jazz and 20 more than Baleno. Though the curvy packaging on Japs will have more space.
  • 315L bootspace - Mahindra can learn something for XUV300.
  • 195/65 Tyres in 15" - Again better than Honda and Suzuki 15" steelies. Hope the profile will provide the needed comfort.
  • ARAI FE - respectable 19+ with the power on tap. Hope the build is a notch better than the Japs and somewhere closer to(if not beating) Tata Mahindra. Hope the South America and Indian market projected audience have not influenced this otherwise.
Accessory options to customize based on taste - Hope the number 70 is widespead to allow everyone to build their own (dash colors, roof design, roof colors, rubbers on door, alloys, fogs seat covers, mats, roof rails, mud flaps, etc). Doing more of this at dealer levels helps in saving 10-20 % costs on Insurance and road tax and also helps keeps dealers happy.

Citroen - Please don't blunder in pricing this like the C5. India is a large opportunity and this is your chance. You win here and gives you great potential to expand.

Last edited by dipen : 7th June 2022 at 18:58.
dipen is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 19:05   #348
Senior - BHPian

As a car this looks like love it or hate, including looks. There are lot positives- 110HP Turbo motor, excellent ride(as claimed) with good GC, decent space and based on how interiors and external bits look(read cheap) will be priced rather well. There are major down sides too(compared to best sellers), no AT of any type, 3 pot motor, Missing equipment(does not even get rear wiper??), poor dealer reach. Turbo variant will attract small percentage of enthusiasts, majority of intended audience will most likely to give this a miss. Personally, 1.2L Turbo looks like a no nonsense fun to drive car. Hope the car is priced attractively.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 19:23   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Personally, 1.2L Turbo looks like a no nonsense fun to drive car. Hope the car is priced attractively.
Agree with you 100% on this. You have summarized the car quite well!

For me, the 1.2L turbo petrol engine with 6-speed MT, and that too hopefully at a cheap price, seems like the USP of this car. Rest everything is quite ordinary.
Dr.AD is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 19:45   #350
Senior - BHPian

Looks cool. Turbo figures are mouth watering. This will be great fun to drive car for sure. Also will be really good to tackle small roads in India. Not sure why so limited color options. They should launch car with 6-7 solid colors, red, blue, black, all are missing, very strange strategy.

Hope this will be better build car, more like Tata Punch. Pricing is key for its success. Anything less than 10 lakhs on road for Turbo petrol is good price.
Old 7th June 2022, 20:07   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Space Management in the Citroen C3!

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-1.jpg

The Interior of the C3,

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-fup919zaqaan9ty.jpg

And the side profile,

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-fup919aaaa3cfx.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th June 2022 at 20:11.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 20:18   #352
BHPian

The only bummer in this otherwise nice looking car is the halogen headlamps. A simple LED light would have made this look so much better.

And those door handles along with the misaligned key hole!!!
cuboid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 20:31   #353
Senior - BHPian

No automatic? This is meant to be a City car primarily and since Citroen is relatively new they will have to first make inroads in the urban markets and here automatic is the need of the hour! They could have launched an AMT, but not having one at launch is a huge mistake.

Being a global brand, they have access all the latest technology in gearboxes, they could have launched something new like the DCA in the Altroz.

And they have a ready reference in the form of Punch, so they have to keep their pricing somewhere close to the Punch. Most comparisons are bound to happen between these two cars, that’s inevitable.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 20:31   #354
BHPian

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 21:21   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Thank you for sharing.

Repeating the best and very apt remark from this video's comment section -

Citroen C5 and Kwid was left in a garage on a rainy night .C3 was born!

Last edited by Sachin V.W. : 7th June 2022 at 21:41.
Sachin V.W. is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 23:18   #356
BHPian

Sharing the Autocar Citroen C3 walkaround video.

No Cruise Control
No Projector set up
Power Window buttons on central running tunnel
Manual AC
Hard plastic all around
No Adjustable Headrest (Front and Rear)
No Automatic on Launch

Good Bits are the styling, I like it personally and the spec on paper for the turbo engine.

Looks like this car is built to cost. Now only pricing will decide how much value for money it will be. Even the top end looks barebones to me. I wonder what would be feature distribution across variants.
Highh5 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 00:03   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Citroen has been using the term "flying carpet effect" for its progressive hydraulic cushion suspension which features in C5 Aircross. While they have used the same term here, I really doubt C3 will get the same suspension. But if it does, count me in for this car (despite the otherwise basic set of specs). Of course, the 110hp 1.2L turbo engine being the other factor.

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-citroenc3.png

tarunjain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 02:16   #358
SDx
BHPian

May be at a later stage they will bring in a model with all the bells & whistles and call it C3 Aircross? Wishful thinking ?
SDx is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 09:11   #359
BHPian

I'am truly shocked at the unveil of this car, I was considering it somewhat of a Venue/Sonet rival with smaller dimensions but this has tuned out to be a rather small hatchback.

That is still fine but what is this car rivalling?
With the impressive turbo petrol specs one would expect the i20 top variants, and above Baleno, but the extremely cheap looking interiors with poverty spec features suggest otherwise, get this, the top variant has alloy wheels as optional, forget electrically folding, you get manual adjustment stick for the ORVMs, the seats come with fixed headrests, the AC is manual with cheap looking knobs, no rear defogger and wiper, no tachometer to be found too, the space at the rear looks to be at a premium, the rear power windows have switches in the middle where there is also no armrest, also the outside door handles are flap type with separate key hole looking really cheap.

All this suggest it to rival the Kwid more than anything else, is this how a new brand wants to establish themselves in the market, I'am truly astonished at their research, leave aside Venue or i20, Magnite, even Swift has much more kit in its top variants.

The only possible explanation for all this can be extremely low price with it starting from 5 lakhs on road and going till 8.5 at max for the top of the line turbo variant, that is the only thing that can get people excited to check it out.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 8th June 2022 at 09:17.
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 09:31   #360
KPR
BANNED

I'm waiting to see and read reviews. Punto has spoilt me on driving dynamics. Can this car give something nearer to it? Being a hatchback from Euro manufacturer I'm expecting a car that can give a very good driving dynamics like Punto, Polo. If it aces that part I'm least bothered about features.

Edit: And I'm expecting a niggle/trouble free product from the date of launch given frequent spotting of C3 being tested. Company also claims 25 lakh km of testing. On a lighter note, if niggles come out after launch simply fire or transfer the testers somewhere else.

Last edited by KPR : 8th June 2022 at 09:46.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks