Old 8th June 2022, 17:31   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 budget crossover for India

Citroen C3 Tech Specs & features
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-c1.jpg  

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-c2.jpg  

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-c3.jpg  

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 8th June 2022 at 17:33.
RM Motorsports is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 21:22   #377
Senior - BHPian

The turbo variant's power and torque output figures on paper look quite good. With a kerb weight of just over a ton, the turbo petrol clocks in power to weight ratio in excess of 105bhp per tonne.
Usually the Gauls tune their vehicle's suspension & ride and handling dynamics very well. Bigger brother C5, junior competitor Renault KWID, even the ages old Renault Logan and the dinosaur PAL-Peugeot 309, all had very good suspension setups for their segment.

The wheelbase of the C3 is also impressively long. It's longer than the Nexon in fact. That should translate into good stability at speeds. If Stellantis throws in some clever gearing, maybe some short first three ratios, this car can be quite a peppy character and put upna good fight to the Korean 1.0 turbo's.

Interesting. Let's wait for T-Bhp official review for the real world driving feedback.

Cheers!
arjab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 00:23   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
I am wondering which customer segment is targeted and what are the USPs ?
Perhaps a KTM duke/RC owner who just got married and looking for his first car ?
On a serious note, to me, the most important factor for sales is the price in India. If well priced then anything sells unless it's far behind the competition in most aspects?
doga is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 02:48   #379
Senior - BHPian

I think their biggest miss from Citroen is not introducing C3 with an auto tranny. The turbo is perfectly capable to support the auto box. The higher variants of most cars do have auto options these days..
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 10:07   #380
BHPian

The walkaround videos that were uploaded on YouTube did not give a very pleasant impression. Add to that, Citroen has done nothing major to improve their brand's visibility in India.
The only ace up its sleeve (against Tata Punch) is the Turbo Petrol engine.
Old 9th June 2022, 10:57   #381
BHPian

Some weeks back, someone close to Citroen informed me that they are planning to go against the likes of Kwid/Tiago/WagonR and that it will be priced very competitively. Looking at the features, I think it is well equipped for an average person who is buying the car more for the need rather than a want.
Old 9th June 2022, 11:18   #382
BHPian

Despite it being a micro compact suv a pricing of 5.5 Lakh ex showroom Mumbai will surely ring some bells. The market is deprived of a comfortable, big brand compact suv since the ford ecosport unfathomable exit due to ford. Can be targeted towards young 25-30s due to customisation and funky styling. 110 ps sounds really good to me, albeit a torque converter and 12 lakh ex-showroom for a future model will surely get me marching to the bank once my placement finalizes😉
kaak009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 11:24   #383
BHPian

I saw the C3 while they tested it in the outskirts of Chennai. From the outside the car looks to be around the size of the Punch. It might be spacious enough for an urban commuter.

Many people are concentrating on the fact that the car lacks creature comforts like climate control etc.

Citroen is giving us a turbo warm hatch with supposedly a good suspension. With the exodus of the Polo GT and the Figo diesel, we no longer have warm hatches available in the market at this price. Warm hatches are better in the manual guise, and besides I think an automatic transmission will be offered in the future.

There are plenty of choices for the people who prioritise interiors and features over the engine and suspension. This one is different.

I am waiting for the Team-BHP review, I am hopeful it turns out to be like the Getz Crdi or the Palio 1.6 both of which I owned and loved!
Chrome6Boy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 13:12   #384
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I saw the C3 while they tested it in the outskirts of Chennai. From the outside the car looks to be around the size of the Punch. It might be spacious enough for an urban commuter.

Many people are concentrating on the fact that the car lacks creature comforts like climate control etc.

Citroen is giving us a turbo warm hatch with supposedly a good suspension. With the exodus of the Polo GT and the Figo diesel, we no longer have warm hatches available in the market at this price. Warm hatches are better in the manual guise, and besides I think an automatic transmission will be offered in the future.

There are plenty of choices for the people who prioritise interiors and features over the engine and suspension. This one is different.

I am waiting for the Team-BHP review, I am hopeful it turns out to be like the Getz Crdi or the Palio 1.6 both of which I owned and loved!
Exactly. They neither have the manufacturing facility to create Punch or Ignis numbers nor sale/service outlets. It should ideally fill the gap created by Polo, Punto or Figo. But let's wait for the reviews and pricing.
Old 9th June 2022, 14:03   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Citroen C3 Tech Specs & features
- No electronically adjustable and foldable ORVM

This is really a bad miss and one necessary feature according to me.
Old 9th June 2022, 14:04   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Sireesh Chandran's Instagram post says the claimed 0-100 acceleration time for the 1.0 Turbo MT is 10 seconds! If true, this could well be the cheapest fast car capable of sub-10 second speeds to the ton, that one can buy in India today - with the Polo gone and Magnite/Kiger Turbo manuals having equivalent acceleration times of around 10.3 seconds. What a completely different approach from TATA where they have offered the Punch with such a wheezy engine that takes nearly 17 seconds to hit 100.

I am not sure if the TurboPetrol used in the C3 is a Direct injected one like the VW 1.0 TSI or a multi-port+Turbo such as in the Magnite/Kiger. Does anyone know?

Looking at the way Citreon is refraining from offering any higher end features (auto transmissions, auto aircon, cruise control, six airbags etc) it looks to me like they want to place it in a tight price bracket and keep the upper end of the bracket low, to position squarely against the Wagon-Rs of the world. Once perception of being a VFM car that is "spacious and powerful with a great ride" is established, they will add Auto transmission and higher trims which will be pricier. I expect the launch to be really aggressive with possibly even a 4.99 lakh starting price, going up to 5.99 lakhs for the NA Feel variant and 7.49 lakhs for the top end turbo Feel Variant.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-screenshot-20220609-1.52.02-pm.png  

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 9th June 2022 at 14:07.
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 14:13   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

The real rivals!

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 14:22   #388
BHPian

Going by the features or lack thereof, can it be used as a chaffeur-driven fast car by the smart women in a busy city who would like to beat their poor boss stuck in the Merc to client meetings?

My guess is that the showroom will see 3 customers daily. All of them will ride the C3 and then book the C5 with easy financing terms.

Stellar strategy by Stellantis!
mkumar79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 14:40   #389
BHPian

Looking at all these details, it makes me feel that Citroen wants to be the Maruti of the 2000's.

Even Maruti has moved forward, somewhat! I cannot fathom why Citroen, after a premium product like C5 wants to play in the other end of the spectrum, with a subpar product.
OrangeCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 15:06   #390
GBX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
...this could well be the cheapest fast car capable of sub-10 second speeds to the ton, that one can buy in India today
Although the 0-100 figures sound promising, the ground clearance may play spoilsport IMO.

Still I am holding out some hope, since they call this a hatchback and not an SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I am not sure if the TurboPetrol used in the C3 is a Direct injected one like the VW 1.0 TSI or a multi-port+Turbo such as in the Magnite/Kiger. Does anyone know?
If these are the same Puretech engines sold abroad, then I believe the NA engine is port injection and the turbo is direct.
GBX is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks