Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2021, 07:40   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Gulp! Seems I am THE only one who has booked the new Celerio red AMT top end (30,000 INR for a solid confirmation booking). Main attraction for me was hill hold,black interior and the red colour. Already have 2 s pressos, so thought of getting this one for a change.

Yes ,it costs a solid 2 lakhs more than the top end s presso. Yes,it looks like a melted jellybean,yes it's flimsy, but hey I may be crazy.

Will keep you updated once confirmed allotment comes in!
You should take a serious look at the Ignis. Except for the looks, which again can be subjective, the Ignis is a far far better product in every which way than the Celerio. I know its not a hit product, but the fit, finish and build is leagues ahead of any other Maruti hatch on sale today.
longhorn is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 09:38   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

There is something Maruti and Senior citizens have between them.

My dad seems heavily impressed by the new celerio and wants to replace our 2016 celerio with it. I have been pushing the idea of getting the Tata Punch but the 26.6 kmpl ARAI claim does makes its effect.

His usage is just about 10k km a year and he really doesn't have to worry this much about fuel efficiency.

Maruti is close to his heart. We will have to wait and see. Personally I like the ignis. Felt it to be built better than other budget marutis and the interior is decent too. Punch though, is much superior in all other departments except engine and it is considerably more expensive too.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 12th November 2021 at 09:42.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 09:45   #318
BHPian

Looks are subjective. But Maruti seriously needs to review their designs. Not a single car in their stable that is a looker, except may be the Swift. What were they thinking when they designed this pathetic looking car. The outgoing Celerio had a decent design. The present design looks to be inspired by Kwid gone horribly wrong.
kaps1311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 11:58   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
You should take a serious look at the Ignis. Except for the looks, which again can be subjective, the Ignis is a far far better product in every which way than the Celerio. I know its not a hit product, but the fit, finish and build is leagues ahead of any other Maruti hatch on sale today.
I already had a ignis for 2 years before I sold it off. ( The base version).Somehow can't put my finger on why, but I was never very comfortable with that car,neither was my wife or our driver.

In fact in my opinion ( note: my opinion alone) ,I feel the s presso is better riding and visibilty also is a notch above ignis. The ignis was relegated to kids pick up duty and when lockdown kicked in last year ended up lying idle, so we sold it off. Prepare to get hit ,come resale time ,as ignis resale value is not great ( at that time and vis a vis other Marutis).
Nanolover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 14:46   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Plus leoshashi ,corect me if I am wrong. Is this k10c engine imported? The k10c turbo was imported for the baleno RS and so was the initial k12c Dual jet. This could be one of the reasons for the price gap. Personally I wouldn't mind paying more if it was a made in japan engine
Just checked prices of engine of Celerio MT and S Presso MT.

Engine Assembly S Presso MT, K10B: Rs. 109245
Engine Assembly of Celerio MT, K10C: Rs. 145743

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 16:42   #321
BHPian

Quote:
I already had a ignis for 2 years before I sold it off. ( The base version).Somehow can't put my finger on why, but I was never very comfortable with that car,neither was my wife or our driver.

In fact in my opinion ( note: my opinion alone) ,I feel the s presso is better riding and visibilty also is a notch above ignis. The ignis was relegated to kids pick up duty and when lockdown kicked in last year ended up lying idle, so we sold it off. Prepare to get hit ,come resale time ,as ignis resale value is not great ( at that time and vis a vis other Marutis).
Recently, my father purchased ignis base model for 5.6 lac on road with added accessories. Before purchasing we also test drove spresso. And one of the worst thing regarding spresso was its engine noise. At 60 kmph in 5th gear there was so much engine noise in spresso that I was not able to listen song on music system even though it was turn aloud. Other factors which tilted the favour in Ignis's favour was its engine performance. There was no need to press accelerator during first gear take off. All in all, we found Ignis very relaxing and calm to drive. Other deterrant for spresso was its '0' star safety rating. If anyhow maruti makes spresso more safe and more silent inside, it can used as scooter in cities because of its narrow width.

One more thing I like Ignis front seats more than my ecosport front seats.

Last edited by Dr.Abhi : 12th November 2021 at 16:43.
Old 12th November 2021, 17:30   #322
BHPian

While the Celerio does look better now in my opinion, I am still very very apprehensive about the build quality of the car. However, with a claimed fuel economy of over 26kmpl, I think Celerio will attract a lot of buyers.
The brand is additionally offering a long list of accessories that will further make it more suitable for the average buyers in India. Came across this video and I guess with these sorts of add-ons and the design, the Maruti Celerio will definitely attract a lot of buyers because of its looks and kitna deti hai factor.

Old 13th November 2021, 10:21   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

What’s wrong with Maruti? While their cars have been unsafe for 2 decades now, they used to design good looking products - the original Zen, the Esteem, the Swift, the second Gen Dzire, the Baleno. And then they came up with the Celerio which was ugly as hell. And the replacement is arguably worse.

Surprised at how much prices of these cars have risen to. Guess the only selling point will be 26+ kmpl. And yes, it will sell because that is what Indians want!!!
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 10:27   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Celerio in caffeine brown!

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-2.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 10:44   #325
BHPian

Few shots of the red from my side
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-img2021111308172601.jpeg  

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-img2021111310241201.jpeg  

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-img20211113102441_bokeh01.jpeg  

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-img2021111310271601.jpeg  

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-img2021111310273501.jpeg  

2nd-gen Maruti Celerio launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh-img2021111307594801.jpeg  

BunnyPunia is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 11:07   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Few shots of the red from my side
Can you shed light on how it drives?
Old 13th November 2021, 12:07   #327
BHPian

It look unmistakably like the younger, cooler, a tad bit less ugly sibling to the Espresso. If this is where Maruti’s design language is heading, I’m sure the maruti cult won’t last very long.

The only good looking cars Maruti has ever made IMO- S-cross, XL6 and to an extent the Baleno.
RishavRBhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 16:09   #328
Senior - BHPian

A cute little dinky car is how I would term the Celerio. I think it's design is so much better than the old one which never appealed to me. It was an inoffensive design but that's about it. This looks like a rounded pebble, smooth rounded lines and a proportion that hits the mark on most areas.

I dropped by at a local showroom and checked it out. Here are my high level observations
  • The car looked better in the flesh to me that in the pictures.
  • It looked bigger too with it's bonnet almost as high as that of a nearby SPresso. A Brezza nearby did not dwarf it.
  • I saw the ZXi variant. In Kerala the ZX+ variant costs 60K extra which is good value for the extra features like keyless entry, 15 inch alloys, stop/start button, touch screen infotainment system, fog lamps and a few others.
  • To me the omission of an auto climate control is a big miss. Not available in any of the variants.

Name:  IMG_20211113_121013935_HDR.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  67.7 KB

Side profile looks good to me. Very little issues with the proportions and the rounded theme is consistent. Notice the sculpting on the side panels and above the wheel arches. A upsize and a set of tasteful alloys will complete the look.

Name:  IMG_20211113_121030379_HDR.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  76.6 KB

I did not like the chrome slash in the front in pictures but it looked good in real life. The quality of the plastic trim felt much better than that of my Baleno and I liked the detailing of the grill too.

Name:  IMG_20211113_121124465.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  63.8 KB

Rear space is very good. I felt that the door pads too were of better quality compared to the rest of the interior plastic.

Name:  IMG_20211113_121223386.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  57.8 KB

This was the weakest part of the car for me. The dashboard feels cheap. The looks are inoffensive but the texture and feel of the plastics in this area leaves a lot more to be desired. The plastic module that houses the infotainment panel for example looks like an after thought. Being one of the plasticky areas that you interact the most this needs more attention.

Name:  IMG_20211113_121244793.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  70.2 KB

As mentioned before rear space is great. I am 5 ft 11 inches and this is my knee room with the driver's seat adjusted for me.

Name:  IMG_20211113_121316968_HDR.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  62.9 KB

Rear looks pleasing and cohesive. I like the fact that Maruti resisted the urge for a black insert into the bumper which is quite sculpted as is.

Name:  IMG_20211113_121351459.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  54.3 KB

Good boot space though the loading lip is high. The glossy black plastic trim at the side of the tail lamps looks good. In the Tata Punch that i saw yesterday it was a piece of rubber trim that was not finished well. The parcel tray in the Celerio is quite small though. Also in the Punch the welds around the rear hatch looked quite low rent which they looked quite finished in the Celerio. The tops of the rear shocks are also not visible in the boot unlike in the Punch.

Name:  IMG_20211113_121517656_HDR.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  104.1 KB
Three quarter view looked great. ZXi variant has steel wheels with 14 inch tyres.

The ZXi and the ZXi Celerio compares very well to the Nios Sportz variant. However the Celerio is no match for the cabin quality of Hyundai. Also the automatic climate control is a miss. But for what it offers it's a great package certainly better value than the old Celerio. As I mentioned in a previous post between the Ignis, WagonR and the Celerio Maruti has covered quite a lot of personas in this segment. Almost all my grouses are addressed by the Ignis with a peppy 1.2L engine to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Link
Looks quite good with the black trim.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 13th November 2021 at 16:25.
shibujp is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 16:44   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Attachment 2231874

Link
Initially, I read "Coffin Brown".(no pun intended)
The car looks way different than before, especially the front design. MSIL knows how to sell a car, no matter how unsafe, thin-built or tin-like it is.
gjnnbagal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 17:36   #330
BHPian

Had visited the showroom to see the car. On display was a top end red zxi plus AMT model.

Initial observations
- looks better in person and on close quarter view. Looks great in solid red
- zxi plus has Yokohama 175/60 R15 tyres. Good,since I can exchange and upgrade to Yokohama s drive 195/55 R15 upon delivery ( no need to buy 15 inch rims)
- height adjustable seat has good range and in top most position , bonnet extremes are visible
- seat fabric is definitely a notch above s presso and closer to Swift zxi territory
- seats are soft and supportive- better than s presso
- rear seat is wider than s presso ,although not possible for three full size adults
- doors had sufficient weight to them. Not as flimsy as expected.
- center power window , central lock switches are backlight ( in a maruti!)
- touchscreen is high up and easy to access
- very cute and small AMT gear lever.
- not too big and not too small,just the right size for me
- swift looks positively older compared to this ( was on display next to it , although it might be due to age and familiarity of the model)
- personally, I feel it is way better than the s presso and I will be going ahead with the purchase. Car is in transit and will be alloted upon arrival.
Nanolover is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks