Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 19:08   #316
BHPian

Re: India-bound Jeep 7-seater SUV, named Meridian

Very creative and nice ad by Jeep.

At last a worthy competitor of Toyota Fortuner and a solution to "out of stock" Kodiaq. This could be in a true sense a best of both worlds - 4X4 capability of Fortuner and nice feature-rich interior of Kodiaq.

Looking forward Jeep. Please price it sensibly

Last edited by Jangra : 14th February 2022 at 19:25.
Jangra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 20:29   #317
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

"Based on compass" => does it mean that the width is same as the Compass ? Won't it mean that the proportion will be odd, being too long and not wide enough ?
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 20:46   #318
Senior - BHPian

If I were Jeep, I may not want to price the Meridian worrying about Fortuner or even the Kodiaq.

Take the Compass pricing strategy. It has not only managed to hold its own with a costly proposition but maintained the edge over its 5-seater rivals quite well. And this, inspite of having a smaller footprint and some iffy diesel auto tranny.

So why should the Meridian, with its supposedly attractive interiors, AWD, diesel, AT et al value proposition- be priced considerably lesser than its rivals?
Going by the buzz being created, it should have a lot of oomph to sit alongside, if not compete, the mighty Fortuner.

Going by the sales in this 45-50 lakh SUV segment, the Meridian will definitely eat a sizeable portion of the Fortuner’s lunch.
Without getting any bit anxious, that is.
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 21:49   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

The Commander in Brazil doesn't get AC vents for the 3rd row, even 2nd row AC vents are not on the roof but on the floor exactly like the Compass, I hope Jeep India doesn't offer black interiors for the Meridian, otherwise passengers will boil in the last row!

Since the Meridian will be Made in India, I hope Jeep India have tried to incorporate the 3rd row AC vents. I am planning to sell my Fortuner anytime this year, Meridian would've been a nice choice but without 3rd row AC vents it'll be a tough buy, other than the Fortuner, Innova and Carnival I don't see any other options in the market.

Even the Kodiaq doesn't get 3rd row AC vents, now the Commander as well, then why are they providing 7 seats?!

8:40 in the video:

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 14th February 2022 at 21:51.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 23:28   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
"Based on compass" => does it mean that the width is same as the Compass ? Won't it mean that the proportion will be odd, being too long and not wide enough ?
That’s my initial view too. Somehow this looks like a limousine than a SUV. More like previous gen Superb, which I did not like too. Compass is such an handsome car, but this for me looks like a caterpillar, the couple of videos above mainly. But it can be very pre-matured comment without seeing the Indian model unwrapped.

At the same time I loved that suede leather dashboard - looks so upmarket.
Old 14th February 2022, 23:37   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
It’s based on the Compass yes, but width and wheelbase are larger than the Compass, length and height naturally considering it’s a 7 seater.

India-bound Jeep 7-seater SUV, named Meridian-81c2f7cbe2d44da29c0698d9bc488868.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 07:56   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep Meridian spied in Pune, again:

Name:  Jeepmeridianpunespied1.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  111.7 KB

India-bound Jeep 7-seater SUV, named Meridian-jeepmeridianpunespied2.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 08:38   #323
BHPian

Apparently Jeep Landmark Mumbai are accepting bookings and I have already booked mine.

No commitments on the timeline yet. Made an early booking for price protection.

God knows Jeep might do a skoda and increase the prices or the car might get sold out in a week of its launch
drjaygoyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 08:50   #324
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Apparently Jeep Landmark Mumbai are accepting bookings and I have already booked mine.
Hi. Thanks for that handy update.

Can you please share the booking amount and whether they confirmed that the money would be refundable?

Thank you.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th February 2022 at 08:51.
Old 15th February 2022, 08:58   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Hi. Thanks for that handy update.

Can you please share the booking amount and whether they confirmed that the money would be refundable?

Thank you.
Hi, the booking process was simple. I paid ₹20000 as booking amount. They accepted money via an online link. Plus Aadhar card, PAN card etc.

The amount is 100% refundable as per the sales executive.

He also confirmed that since the booking is done early he will slot me in the initial allocation of the car.

I had not so great experience with the Kodiaq. There was too much secrecy and confusion around the launch and availability of the car.

Hopefully Jeep can make this experience smoother.
Old 15th February 2022, 09:03   #326
BANNED

Meridian should be priced at 41-45 lakh on road at least.
Judging by the photos, it looks small as compared to Fortuner and Gloster which is a problem because customers of this segment want a bigger vehicle. Looking at Compass, it's on road price in Bangalore is around 36 lakhs which is a little overpriced, so I think that Meridian might also be overpriced but has to undercut it's rivals.
All the best Jeep
Piyush Kanthak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 10:06   #327
Senior - BHPian

Toyota has kept the price bar so high for Fortuner that Skoda, Jeep etc. have the liberty to price their products high and still look VFM.
sunikkat is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 10:13   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like in production form, the 7 seater in spy pics:

Quote:
The spy shots revealed a Compass-like interior with an all-black layout and the 10.1-inch touchscreen system

Quote:
The Meridian was seen with LED lighting, blacked-out alloy wheels, and ORVM-mounted cameras.

Likely to get ADAS as hinted by the radar in the lower part of the front bumper.

Expected to get a digital driver’s display, ventilated front seats, and connected car tech.

Jeep could offer it with a set of 2-litre petrol and diesel engines with optional 4WD.
Quote:
Other expected features include a 360-degree camera, a 12.3-inch digital driver’s display, ventilated front seats, and connected car tech.
India-bound Jeep 7-seater SUV, named Meridian-2.jpg

India-bound Jeep 7-seater SUV, named Meridian-3.jpg

India-bound Jeep 7-seater SUV, named Meridian-5.jpg

India-bound Jeep 7-seater SUV, named Meridian-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 10:16   #329
BHPian

What I hear from reliable source is May launch with 35L as starting price. Waiting eagerly, if top end is below 45L on road then it would be very tempting.
ScorpWarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 10:27   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
What I hear from reliable source is May launch with 35L as starting price. Waiting eagerly, if top end is below 45L on road then it would be very tempting.
That price would put it at par with the Kodiaq. Considering there is a diesel option, I can see many potential kodiak owners switching over to the Meridian.

Makes things very interesting.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks