Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2022, 11:04   #331
BHPian

Re: India-bound Jeep 7-seater SUV, named Meridian

Would be pleasantly surprised if this starts anywhere below 36L (ex-showroom). The Trailhawk will be launched at a higher price than the current Compass variants. This is big jump from the Compass (atleast in terms of dimensions) and if it gets the rumoured ADAS and other newer features, it will command a hefty premium unless Jeep go the Compass route and have loads of variants in very varied price range.

Have booked the Kodiaq, but since this is diesel, I might have a look at this. Though, design wise I do prefer the Kodiaq, I feel the design language suits the Compass (dimension) perfectly and looks a bit off in the Commander.
kartavya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 11:09   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Even the Kodiaq doesn't get 3rd row AC vents, now the Commander as well, then why are they providing 7 seats?!
Because you simply cannot fit in the 3rd row seat, even of this jeep meridian. I have seen the car.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th February 2022 at 12:27. Reason: Fixing to reflect the quoted post. Please use the quote function when responding to previous posts. Thank you.
Vidzy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 11:24   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Considering there is a diesel option, I can see many potential kodiak owners switching over to the Meridian.

Makes things very interesting.
Indeed, I have boooked XUV700, delivery slated for Sep 2022 but am planning to cancel that and go for Meridian if its around 45L. Long wait ahead !!
Old 15th February 2022, 12:11   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidzy View Post
Because you simply cannot fit in the 3rd row seat, even of this jeep meridian. I have seen the car.
Well, that will be one point for the Fortuner then. The last row is fairly usable and has vents too.
achyutaghosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 12:36   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Jeep compass top spec retails for 38L here in KA. 4WD, more power, added features, additional seats and with competition costing 48-50L+, I see no reason why would Jeep price lower. Being newest car, expect this to have all latest tech, period correct interiors and mechanicals too. And when I say latest, should newer and different compared to updated Compass too. If they are going to add just few features but retain same engine + GB ,interiors to that of Compass and add two jump seats by increasing length, Meridian will die soon.
I second your point. My bad that I overlooked the Compass pricing. Definitely, it will not be less than 45L for the top end (Provided Meridian is significantly different from Compass). So far, through media and market(South American market), it looks like Meridian will be a proper 7 seater with significant changes under the hood as well as inside-out over the Compass.
Old 15th February 2022, 14:28   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since the Meridian will be Made in India, I hope Jeep India have tried to incorporate the 3rd row AC vents.
What's the point in a third row AC if you cannot even sit there?
I think it is high time that cars offer an 'easy chair' option for the third row - some arrangement to raise your legs and keep your foot over the 'second row back rest' will definitely help, looking at the struggle in 'knees up' position at the third rows in most cars (sorry if I sound harsh).
Come on, even the smaller Kia Carens has a decent third row, it shouldn't be a herculean task for the bigger and costlier ones!
Old 15th February 2022, 15:37   #337
BHPian

Looks like there will be a no-sunroof version as well. But I couldn't help think why almost every top-view shot in this video has a ribbed roof; as if they didn't want to show a sunroof intentionally. Could Jeep be doing this to go for a wide variant spread, which means they could undercut the Kodiaq and Fortuner significantly? Especially that the latter doesn't get a sunroof.

Name:  Screenshot 20220215 at 3.29.57 PM.png
Views: 498
Size:  206.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot 20220215 at 3.26.27 PM.png
Views: 490
Size:  530.9 KB
Vibhav-Van is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 16:34   #338
BHPian

I am really pissed with Skoda for not providing any update on deliveries for bookings made for Kodiaq. I opted for Kodiaq, despite being an unhappy customer of Skoda, due to lack of options in the segment. I will happily switch to the Meridian if it offers the feature list and refinement of Kodiaq. I would even be willing to pay few lakhs more for the jeep over Kodiaq's current price. It is not that I have money to splurge, rather it is because of my unhappiness with Skoda and it's den of thieves.
novice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 22:33   #339
BHPian

Quote:
^ I must add, what a brilliant video Jeep India has made!
Excellent video. Only thing missed was North East region of our great country.

I feel Jeep will find buyers for this vehicle. Hope the pricing works well.

Cheers.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th February 2022 at 23:09. Reason: Cleaning up formatting and spelling.
Old 16th February 2022, 15:47   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
What's the point in a third row AC if you cannot even sit there?
There are plenty of pet parents like me who might want their dog(s) to use the 3rd row and yes, some dog-breeds love that gush of cool air.
Even otherwise, when there are kids aboard and the second row can't fit them, the AC in the 3rd row makes a great deal of difference.

Trust me! This is coming from a 2010 Scorpio owner who has had both the 2 above-mentioned scenarios.

To beat this, I have installed a blower fan. Of course, my dog was happy to an extent and my son is happy (whenever he has to jump into the 3rd row). Yet, I am craving for a VFM RWD (or an AWD) upgrade that has AC vents there.
Attached Images

Last edited by msarunms1987 : 16th February 2022 at 15:48. Reason: updated the wording "fan" to "blower fan" to provide a more literal meaning.
msarunms1987 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 16:59   #341
BHPian

Hope Jeep prices it well enough. I have been waiting to book a good 7 seater for the past few months. Dropped xuv700, Kodiaq and Fortuner are the only ones in my radar for now.
Old 17th February 2022, 00:26   #342

What a wonderful ad. The amount of work gone into this ad shows how eager Jeep is in making this a success unlike VW / Skoda, who just post the western commercials with a lame warning 'Actual product might vary'. Looks like they have a winner on their hands, I do have a feeling they'll price it super competitively for an initial shock value. Fingers crossed!
abhiram. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 17:58   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Production ready Jeep Meridian spotted in Pune.

Alloys are from the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

India-bound Jeep 7-seater SUV, named Meridian-fb4e200c9b1b472e89e7fe3c6d86b782.jpeg

Link

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th February 2022 at 20:12. Reason: Source link needed an edit.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 20:21   #344
BHPian

Anyone has an idea when the launch is?. Sooner the better for Jeep, I would think as they can pull many potential Kodiaq buyers who have been waiting for a long time
Old 20th February 2022, 13:57   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Anyone has an idea when the launch is?. Sooner the better for Jeep, I would think as they can pull many potential Kodiaq buyers who have been waiting for a long time
Agreed. I have booked a L&K more than a month back but Skoda has no idea when the car can be delivered. If Meridian launches around May/June and is priced simillar to the Kodiaq a lot of potential Kodiaq buyers including me can change their mind and book the Meridian instead. I hope they price it well and plan their supplies better than Skoda.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks