Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2009, 15:29   #31

Intra-state transfer of ownership

Hey guys,
I am very close to buying a used SUV. The car is currently registered in Faridabad (HARYANA) and I reside in Gurgoan (also in HARYANA). The used car dealer says that a new law was passed 4 - 5 days ago that will allow the papers to be transferred to my name and Gurgaon address, while the number will stay the same (HR 51 vs. HR 26 for G'gaon).

Is this possible? If not, what options do I have? Do I need to find a friend/relative in Faridabad?

Appreciate your input -- I don't want to loose the deal.
Old 7th July 2009, 17:25   #32
BANNED

Its not a new law, intra-state transfer between RTO does not require anything other then change in owner name and address.

Buy the car and dont bother about the registration. You dont have to change it or pay additional taxes.
Old 16th July 2009, 18:32   #33
BHPian

I have a NINE year old Kerala Registered Maruti 800 EX which I plan to drive in Bangalore for approximately six to seven months after which it will go back to my relative in Kerala. So is it possible to pay the Karnataka Road Tax for just 1 year ? Or will I have to shell out the life tax for the remaining six years ? Please let me know if option one is possible and approximately how much the amount will be. Thanks in advance.
Old 16th July 2009, 20:04   #34
BHPian

let me add, the bangalore RTO also asks for the vehicle invoice, had faced the similar issue, and can be difficult some times if the vehicle comes under a classic or vintage category. If processed otherwise you are always open to their "audit" where they will send you a notice stating that the vehicle had been undervalued and X amount is due as road tax..
Old 23rd September 2009, 03:36   #35
BHPian

Car Tax

Hi Folks

Does any one know how much tax do we have to pay if we buy a car from 1 state to another state.

I am looking to buy a car in Kerala and bring it to Bombay. Its a 1995 model, So i wanted to know how much tax i would have to pay.

Any advise or help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

M
Old 23rd September 2009, 07:54   #36
BANNED

You have to pay the tax essentially as follows. Discount the tax on a new car by the number of years of usage in the previous locations. I think the original registration is for 20 years so the discounting will be 5% per year.

You are supposed to claim a refund from the original state, which never comes!
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:06   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
You have to pay the tax essentially as follows. Discount the tax on a new car by the number of years of usage in the previous locations. I think the original registration is for 20 years so the discounting will be 5% per year.

You are supposed to claim a refund from the original state, which never comes!

How is the Tax calculated though ?

So if its a 1995 model how much do you think will be the Tax
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think the original registration is for 20 years
I thought the original registration was for 15 years.
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:11   #39
BHPian

PIL - To make vehicle tranfer easy, and may be Pay Tax Once and Forget policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
I really dont know how you guys are managing but i guess i high time that some Automobile body like SIAM or others should do a PIL in Supreme court against this system. I guess this system was pretty ok 10yrs back but today almost every professional gets transfered every now and then. As far as i know rules are meant make life easier for people not difficult. After all if a vehicle is purchased in India why does it have to undergo this fiasco.

Better have india registrations rather than state.

By the way i took my Delhi registered bike to Hyderabad every time cops used to stop me i showed them the RC which had "Registration of India" written at the heading. stayed there for 2yrs without any hassles.

Makes sense ... for people moving from one state to another on jobs it is a real headache to run around different state RTOs, worry about different tax structures, refund processes, they are not people-friendly at all.

Even if the govt. has a reason for state-wise tax collection for every vehicle coming to the state the vehicle owner should just fill one form giving the details of the vehicle (along with copies of RC book and other car documents) allowing the state RTO to do all the paperwork between the states, and transfer the balance road-tax amount and ask the vehicle owner to pay any tax that is in excess of what it has received from the other tax as the case may be for those states charging higher percentage.

For the PIL part - its a good suggestion - how do we get started, what all is needed?

I think its for a good cause and at least the suggestion above could be implemented.

Also requesting all the experienced Team-BHPians to kindly advice if you see any issues going ahead with a PIL.
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:08   #40
BHPian

This is what RTO Karnataka website says:

What is the procedure for re-registration?

The vehicles migrating from other States are required to obtain re-registration mark of Karnataka State within 12 months from the date of arrival into Karnataka State.

The vehicle owner shall produce the following :

1. No Objection Certificate (NOC) in form CMV 28 or postal acknowledgement for having sent application for issue of no objection certificate to the concerned registering authority.

2. Application form CMV 27.

3. Registration certificate (RC Book)

4. Tax Card.

5. Insurance certificate.

6. Consent of the Financier.

7. Pollution Under Control Certificate.

8. Prescribed fees and difference of tax if any.

All the related applications shall be filed before the Registering Authority and Vehicle shall be produced for inspection in the premises of the R.T.O. in case it is not inspected earlier.
Old 25th October 2009, 02:58   #41
BHPian

Well i am looking to buy a car from Kerela,
I dont know how much its going to cost to re- register the car in mumbai and what will be the procedure :(
Old 25th October 2009, 06:49   #42
knp
BHPian

I had transferred my TN registered 2002 santro to Bangalore and I got this done through one of the driving schools.
here are the expenses incurred (which includes the broker commissions etc):
1. Road Tax in Karnataka: 32500.00
2. Address change and change of registration: 8000.00
3. NOC from Chennai: 3000.00
So, total, it costed me 43500.00 for 7 years old car.
Old 26th October 2009, 04:21   #43
BHPian

Wow that is expensive

I dont think i will be going ahead with my purchase.

Mind you its only a 97 Fiat i was looking to buy but i still think the transfer etc will cost me a lot from Kerela to Mumbai
Old 8th November 2009, 18:14   #44

Car Transfer -Help Required

Hi All gurus,
Need an urgent advice on RTO related issue.
I have booked newly launched Tata Manza Aura + on 22nd Oct in Mumbai. Till now there is no news about the delivery of the car. As per dealer, its expected to be sometime by end of the month, as Tata has started the production of ABS version only. They are yet to start the production of Aura+ model.
In the mean time, I received a mail from my empolyer, that I am getting transferred to Kolkata!
Now I am not able to decide, what to do with my car booking. As initially, I had opted for registration of this car in Mumbai itself & based on that, dealer had filled up the booking form.
1. Can I take the delivery of the car on Temp-Registration in Mumbai & get it transferred to Kolkata either by Car Movers or by driving & get it registered at Kolkata? What are the implication in that?
2.If I get it registered in Mumbai itself, & then take it to Kolkata. I shall be paying the one time registration charge in Mumbai. In that case, for registration do I need to pay any RTO tax at Kolkata (as One time Tax is already paid)?
3) Is there any way out, If I chose to take the delivery of the car in Kolkata directly? ( I have already paid the booking amount here in Mumbai to dealer, & amount has been debited to the dealer's account). In other words, can this booking be transferred to Kolkata? For this what has to be done.

Interestingly Initially, I was transferred from Kolkata to Mumbai & I had bought my WB registered Maruti car in Mumbai, with Form 29 (NOC). But I didnt change the registration here in Mumbai & I have been driving that car here since last 8 years.Now with the transfer I shall be taking my Maruti back to Kolkata. If I wud had re-registered the car in mumbai when I came here, Again I would had to do the same while going back to Kolkata. In that way I had to bear 3 registration costs.
Old 8th December 2009, 12:07   #45
Senior - BHPian

Which car to transfer,cost details too.

Mods could not find suitable thread for my queries so starting a new one, if it already exists, please merge them.

My friend is getting transferred to Pune from Ahmedabad.He has two cars, one maruti Swift petrol, still on loan and paying EMI's,another one Alto, 6-7 years old.Which car would be better to transfer to Pune in either of them.Also do let me know the procedure for NOC,Registeration in Pune, where to go in Pune city for RTO registeration, what would be the charges for getting this done, how long would it take.He want to take his swift, but its still under EMI's, so is confused whether he can take his car over there or not.ATleast he would be staying in Pune for another year, may be more.Pune'its,gurus please help out in this.
Regards,Vijay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks