Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2009, 16:07   #46
BHPian

If his trip is going to be for less than 6 months. Then it would not be worthwhile to transfer the car registration to Pune. Best bet to do it in this case would be to go get a PUC Certificate done on the day before he is planning to travel and keep the same along with TOll Reciepts and if available sevicing receipts for showing it to authorities in case stopped.

Even if the trip was for an year and he is planning to get back to Ahemedabad after an year i would still recommend the same as above even though it is technically not the most legally correct avenue.

All said and done if your friend wants to do it the proper way then for the Swift the way would be to call his Lending institution and tell the banker that he is getting shifted to Pune and would they be able to kindly issue him an NOC to get the hypothecation transferred to Pune RTO. The issues here might be that they would probably ask for address verification of the new location, New checks for the Pune location with the new bank and probably new employment details if shown as salaried.

Shifting the Alto would be more simpler as he does not have to go through the bank and can just get an NOC from the Ahemedabad RTO and transfer his car to Pune. Point to note is i believe the NOC has a validity for 90 days (It may be 30 Days also) and once you get an NOC you are need to re register the car at the RTO the noc is requested for or cancel the NOC in the said validity period. At the Pune RTO you will have to pay the depriciated Road Tax ( Which could be around 50% .. Taking a guess here) of the new car Road tax value). Your friend can get a reimbursement of the Road Tax paid in Ahemedabad if he has a good agent or good contacts in the RTO at ahemedabad.

My advice would be to take the Alto if your friend is travelling for a year or 2 and planning to come back . He would need to pay lesser road tax and has lesser paper work to work through. I have had many friends here in Hyderabad who just pay the Road Tax when they have been stopped here at RTO's and dont bother about transferring the registration or any other details . Next time the Police or RTO stops them they just show the Tax document and if all other documents are good they dont bother them.
Old 8th December 2009, 17:33   #47
Senior - BHPian

Please sell the vehicle over there itself ,as KA- Bangalore taxes are killing. I spent around 9 thousand for getting my BIKE re-registered which I brought from Mumbai.

My sincere advise to any one is to sell the vehicle & get a alternate vehicle in Bangalore, this will save you lot of head ace & tax money.
Even the broker through which I got all the taxes paid also told me that it is foolish to get vehicles registered outside Karnataka.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

sreedotk, thanks for the info mate.Will forward this messageto him.
Old 21st December 2009, 17:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

I want to transfer my Delhi reg 2005 Accent Viva to Maharashtra(Nagpur), as it will be now used here in Nagpur for rest of its life or till its sold off.I wanted to know what kind
charges will i have to pay in Mahrashtra.As my car is almost 5 years old, will there be any kind of rebate in taxation( wrt current value of car) or will it be treated as new vehicle...
Old 21st December 2009, 21:38   #50
Senior - BHPian

any idea people on how much costs involved for transferring a 15 month old KL reg innova vx to KA reg number ??
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:13   #51
Senior - BHPian

Karnataka transport department rules for transfer of out of state vehicles are here Transport Department
Old 7th April 2010, 20:10   #52
BHPian

I am trying to get my MH registered 5 year old santro re-registered in kerala. I had initially got an NOC to transfer to TN and got the clearance from the bank etc. Filled up all the forms and then found out from the TN RTO, that the road tax alone will be 32000 rupees. Since my father is anyway going to move to kerala in a while, I decided to check with the KL RTO. The agent over there has confidently said that it wouldnt cost more than 5k.
I am hesitant to believe him, but I've asked 2 different agents ( and are apparently reliable). Would there such a huge difference in the road tax amounts in TN and KL?

I am now in the process of cancelling my original NOC to TN and getting an NOC re-issued to KL, but in the back of my mind I keep thinking that there cant be so much difference. Does anyone have experience paying road tax in Kerala for re-registration?
Old 8th April 2010, 22:54   #53
BHPian

Apologies for just bumping this thread, but would be great if helped with some idea about road tax in kerala for state transferred vehicles.
Old 11th April 2010, 11:09   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
Apologies for just bumping this thread, but would be great if helped with some idea about road tax in kerala for state transferred vehicles.
Well, I think it's between 12-13 % in Kerala. In your case, you need to pay for the 10 years since your car is 5 years old.
Old 11th April 2010, 11:35   #55
BHPian

Mithun, Thanks very much for replying. So I pay 2/3 rd of 12-13% of the cars invoice value as road tax now right? Which means if the invoice value is 4.3 lakhs, I will end up paying 34k as tax for 10 years which is definitely far higher than the estimate that the RTO agent is giving me( 4 to 5k).
Old 11th April 2010, 11:50   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
Mithun, Thanks very much for replying. So I pay 2/3 rd of 12-13% of the cars invoice value as road tax now right? Which means if the invoice value is 4.3 lakhs, I will end up paying 34k as tax for 10 years which is definitely far higher than the estimate that the RTO agent is giving me( 4 to 5k).
Not like that. First enquire about the road tax for a same car in Kerala. Then pro-rate for about 10 years, that's it !
Old 8th August 2010, 10:18   #57
BHPian

I recently got a 2001 Maruti 800 5speed for75k from Mumbai for use in local Mumbai, now planning to give it to my family in Gujarat. They will not retain the car for more than 12 to 15 months and return it back to Mumbai. What can be done to keep my car's Mumbai registration and allowing it to run in Gujarat? I dont want to change the registration number. Can Gujarat roadtax payment be sufficient? What amount can that come to? What other loopholes should I expect?
Old 9th August 2010, 10:13   #58
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Doc, since your family will only be temporarily using the car in Gujarat, no need to pay road tax. Just ensure that she visits Mumbai ever so often (say, once in 3 - 4 months) and keep some Mumbai toll tickets / fuel bills handy in the glovebox.
Old 31st August 2010, 19:17   #59
BHPian

As far as I have gone through the thread, I understood that to transfer the car from one state to other, one would have to pay close to 30K - 40K as Road tax. But I have a confusion about the refund from the old state. How much can we expect as a refund from your originally registered state?
Old 31st August 2010, 22:28   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As far as I have gone through the thread, I understood that to transfer the car from one state to other, one would have to pay close to 30K - 40K as Road tax. But I have a confusion about the refund from the old state. How much can we expect as a refund from your originally registered state?
Yes you can expect a refund, when your vehicle is transferred to other state, you are supposed to submit the application with the details of original registration.refund is done within month or two.this what i came to know when i inquired with my agent who is handling my car's transfer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks