Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:49   #76
BHPian

Re: Moving an 2001 Alto from KA to MH?

My sister would be taking our KA registered 2001 Alto from B'lore to Mumbai.
She resides in Goregaon(W) and would be using this vehicle sparingly(Max twice in a week).

Does she have to go in for transfer of registration? If so, what would be the procedure and cost approx. for a 2001 Alto?

Please advise.
Old 20th November 2014, 16:01   #77
BHPian

re: Cost for transfer of registration from one State/Place to another

Hi there,

I am moving from AP to TN. Have two cars
A) 2009 A-Star, in father's name
B) 2013 Ritz, in my name

Please clarify the below.
1) What will I end up paying as road tax in TN for each vehicle. I will make a decision based on the amount.
2) Should I change the registration number from AP 16 to TN? Can I keep the AP registration and put it back when I move to AP (in 1 or 2 years)?

Thanks.
Old 18th February 2015, 10:41   #78
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_aryan4411 View Post
Hi all,

I am planning to buy a chandigarh registered car and transfer that to Haryana number , would that incur any registeration transfer cost as chandigarh is the capital of haryana.

Also what about if i transfer that to a delhi number.???

Regards
Raj
Was this question answered, or how did it work out?

I'm in exactly the same situation. I need to proceed by tomorrow!
Old 18th February 2015, 11:58   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post

Yes, You will need to pay the Road Tax in Haryana, Chandigarh maybe the capital but its a UT hence has a different RTO and taxation slab.
You will need an NOC from Chandigarh and then submit it in Haryana along with payment of road tax.
Why not get it transferred in Chandigarh itslef, would save you a lot of running around. All you need is a local address of a relative or friend who is residing there.
Old 18th February 2015, 12:03   #80
ais
BHPian

Yes, I'm working on exactly that. So far I understand that a registered rent deed is required. So I'm looking for someone who can make me a tenant for just this purpose. Else agents are mentioning some LIC policy can be made.

How did you manage, if you could kindly share. You could download my Vcard and email me if possible please. I'm new to this forum and still figuring out how to communicate! Thanks!

Last edited by ais : 18th February 2015 at 12:09.
Old 18th February 2015, 14:27   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I'm working on exactly that. So far I understand that a registered rent deed is required. So I'm looking for someone who can make me a tenant for just this purpose. Else agents are mentioning some LIC policy can be made.

How did you manage, if you could kindly share. You could download my Vcard and email me if possible please. I'm new to this forum and still figuring out how to communicate! Thanks!
Go with the LIC route that RTO agents do , simpler . is it just that they take a LIC cover for you that will be your address proof . it works in Delhi and Karnataka m, it must be same for your RTO also .
Old 18th February 2015, 14:47   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the LIC route is just a route to sell life insurance policies. If anyone in need of it, it may be of mutual benefit. Not sure but life insurance companies may deny a claim on life if the address is found to be fake. Not sure of it though.
Old 19th February 2015, 03:57   #83
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Ais,

I didn't proceed with the purchase. Not sure of the exact details, sorry wont be able to help.

Regards
Old 25th February 2015, 12:34   #84
Senior - BHPian

Need help!!!

Am tranferring my car from Jamshedpur(JH-05) to Bangalore for sometime. I have got the NOC done and car is on its way here. Now, till recent past after the new amendment of 30 days allowance of outside state cars to ply here people were asked to pay LTT. But then Jan 25th this news came in where HIGH COURT put a stay order on the drives:

The court observed, "Once the tax is paid in a particular place, it shall be treated as sufficient for the purpose of plying the vehicle throughout the country."

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/46015310.cms

So, I have a few doubts :

1. I want to know can I drive around my car in the city for now with the NOC? Or do I need to pay the LTT?
2. As for re-registration(if required) : I stay near Electronic city , but while applying for the NOC I just said its needed for Bangalore. Am yet to see the NOC first hand but I think the NOC is done for central RTO in bangalore i.e. Kormangala(KA-03). Can I register the car under Kormangla RTO while my address is electronic city?

Thanks in adavance.

Last edited by SoumenD : 25th February 2015 at 12:37.
Old 2nd March 2015, 21:12   #85
BHPian

Hi All,

Need some clarification, I have a KA registered vehicle planning to get registered in Hyderabad

I had already paid the road tax, and now the agent is asking for some commercial tax payment on the vehicle since the duration between the actual car registration vs NOC issuance is less than 15 months. Is this really needed, didn't quite understand the rational behind it.

Wanted to check before I answer him with go,no-go.

Thanks in advance
Raghu
Old 19th March 2015, 20:49   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi All,

Need some clarification, I have a KA registered vehicle planning to get registered in Hyderabad

I had already paid the road tax, and now the agent is asking for some commercial tax payment on the vehicle since the duration between the actual car registration vs NOC issuance is less than 15 months. Is this really needed, didn't quite understand the rational behind it.

Wanted to check before I answer him with go,no-go.

Thanks in advance
Raghu
Hi Raghu, Did you pay commercial tax for your car? What was the amount? Was it the difference between KA and TS VAT(14.5% vs 12.5%) or do they take full 14.5% as entry tax?

I am planning to relocate from Gurgaon to Hyderabad soon and have 3 month old vehicle. In case they take full 14.5% as entry tax, I will be better off selling the car here

Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 12:22   #87
BHPian

Approximately how long does it take to complete the registration transfer from one state to another? Also, how do we get a new registration number (of the new state) for the car?

If you (or your known people) have transferred your car to Bangalore from another state by paying relevant extra taxes & have obtained a new KA registration number here in Bangalore, request you to PM me. Thanks.
Old 7th February 2016, 04:10   #88
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread will post my query nonetheless. So here it is:

I live in Bangalore, Karnataka and I intend to buy a car from a different state. Lets take that state to be Delhi. I intend to bring the car to Karnataka and change it to KA registration. Can someone please guide me what will the process be.
  1. Does the existing owner get an NOC while the car is still in his name and then I bring the car, reregister the car in KA with previous owner and then change it to mine. Or
  2. Do I have to change the car to my name in Delhi, then get NOC and register in KA.
  3. If its option 2, how do I register the car in Delhi as I will not have any residence proof for delhi.
Any guidance in this regard will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Old 7th February 2016, 16:09   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread will post my query nonetheless. So here it is:

I live in Bangalore, Karnataka and I intend to buy a car from a different state. Lets take that state to be Delhi. I intend to bring the car to Karnataka and change it to KA registration. Can someone please guide me what will the process be.
  1. Does the existing owner get an NOC while the car is still in his name and then I bring the car, reregister the car in KA with previous owner and then change it to mine. Or
  2. Do I have to change the car to my name in Delhi, then get NOC and register in KA.
  3. If its option 2, how do I register the car in Delhi as I will not have any residence proof for delhi.
Any guidance in this regard will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!
@ MileCruncher
1. You can get NOC issued from other state RTO in your name and can register car in Bangalore through owner transfer ship process at Bangalore RTO.

2. Charges would be depending on car's retail invoice value ( if available), otherwise invoice would be considered by Bangalore RTO on at that time prevailing rate. You need to pay defined % by RTO with respect to RTO charges ( Road tax+ vat + Cess) ( eg. < 10 L= 15.54%) .

3. Fine to be paid (if any) against issued NOC date is 1% of derived RTO charges. This is applicable only if transfer is not done within 1 month.

4. Around INR 450 for misc. charges with all receipts from RTO.

FYI, last month just got transferred fluidic verna from UP to BLR. Car was in family only and then transferred to my name at KR Puram RTO. Do not hesitate if more info is required.

Last edited by aeroamit : 7th February 2016 at 16:11.
Old 11th February 2016, 15:09   #90
BHPian

Quote:
FYI, last month just got transferred fluidic verna from UP to BLR. Car was in family only and then transferred to my name at KR Puram RTO. Do not hesitate if more info is required.

I have a question, purchasing a used bike from Hyderabad to get to Delhi. What would your advice in regard to refund of road tax from Hyderabad be? Can I get the refund first and then register in Delhi? Or will the Delhi registration have to be paid first.

Is the refund in full? The seller is willing to cooperate with the transfer and refund.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks