Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2023, 14:56   #286
BANNED

Re: Long stay car parking @ Indian airports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
1. I was asked at the entry point to
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
If you are back from your trip, do share an update with your experience
Thank a lot both of you for timely update and to introduce me to this most desired convenience.
The changes I noticed (for others it is PUNE (PNQ) airport option):
  • They are least bothered how long you are parking, no need to mention anywhere. Private cars are parked in B1 and B2. Rest of parking places are for cabs.
  • On a Thursday afternoon, B1 was full where as half of B2 was empty. Similar is also on Tuesday evening. I think Weekend would be little riskier as so many mall visitors also share same parking slot.
  • Loos in the mall are in much better shape than the terminal. Food options are limited, but again much better than terminal.
  • Paytm Fastag is being accepted. No need to carry cash.
  • Just need to keep the entry slip and that's it.
  • Took 15 minutes from picking up luggage from belt to out on road driving.
  • And the big plus, because of basement parking, least dust on car after 6 days.
  • CCTV are of plenty, almost at every other parking slot.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 18th October 2023 at 14:58.
PetrolRider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 21:07   #287
BHPian

I am planning to park my car at Mumbai international airport T2 terminal. I see there is an app developed by Adani wherein I can book my slot in advance and make payment. Charges for 8 days are shown as Rs 3000. It works out cheaper than booking Uber to and fro from Pune. I am only concerned about my car's safety.

Any feedback on this is welcome!
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 21:58   #288
PVS
BHPian

I parked my car at Hyderabad Airport for 3 days - 24th November to 27th November - 3 days. The parking is FASTAG enabled, no hassle of parking tickets et al. The cost for 3 days of parking came to 1500 Rs, which was much cheaper than the to and from OLA/UBER cabs from my home to the airport, which could have cost around Rs 2000/- (To and fro).
PVS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 12:47   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I am planning to park my car at Mumbai international airport T2 terminal. I see there is an app developed by Adani wherein I can book my slot in advance and make payment. Charges for 8 days are shown as Rs 3000. It works out cheaper than booking Uber to and fro from Pune. I am only concerned about my car's safety.

Any feedback on this is welcome!
Not done this yet, but VERY interested on how your experience goes. Please do update. Thanks!
Old 5th December 2023, 12:54   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
I parked my car at Hyderabad Airport for 3 days - 24th November to 27th November - 3 days. The parking is FASTAG enabled, no hassle of parking tickets et al. The cost for 3 days of parking came to 1500 Rs, which was much cheaper than the to and from OLA/UBER cabs from my home to the airport, which could have cost around Rs 2000/- (To and fro).
Was there any advance slot booking, informing them or we can just go and park it without informing to anybody? Also is it the regular parking spot or were there any specific places for it.
Old 26th December 2023, 07:43   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Not done this yet, but VERY interested on how your experience goes. Please do update. Thanks!
So I booked my parking slot at Mumbai international airport using Adani one app. For approximate 8 days of parking, charges were Rs 3000 which I think are fair. There are two types of parkings - normal and premium. I booked premium as charges shown were same for both. Overall experience was good and hassle free.
I entered in P5 lane as asked on the app. Entry was non dramatic. Parled at P5.
On my return, I found my car drenched in dust. While exiting, it didn't accept barcode showing some pending dues. The attendent told me it's because I parked in general parking and not in premium slot as per my booking. But anyways he opened the gate.

I will say it's very convinient and cost effective.
StepUP! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 08:34   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
There are two types of parkings - normal and premium. I booked premium as charges shown were same for both. Overall experience was good and hassle free.
Premium Parking is P6 and P7 in Mumbai International Terminal.
udzgodfather is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 22:44   #293
BHPian

I parked my car last week at Birsa Munda Airport, Ranchi for 2 days. They charge 300 Rs per day. Earlier it was much cheaper. Preferred parking for long stays is just near the exit and it good 350-400 meters from the departure entrance. So if you are alone you have to carry your luggage to that distance. It is open parking, no sheds.

Posting just for information if someone needs it.
drsnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 08:25   #294
BHPian

In case this helps..

Parked at Chennai Airport's multi-level parking for three and a half days (Sunday morning to Wednesday evening) and paid 1470/-. The first day charge was 525/- and each subsequent day was 315/-. Was told that fast tag will work only for two days and had to pay cash at the exit gate for which a receipt was given.

By the way, there are two multi-level car parkings at Chennai Airport. Car parking-west is the first one and is opposite to the international terminal and Car parking-east (where the shopping mall is) is little ahead of west and just before domestic terminal. And the aerobridge connecting the car park to the terminals are in the third floor.
HowDifferent? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 09:53   #295
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
Was there any advance slot booking, informing them or we can just go and park it without informing to anybody? Also is it the regular parking spot or were there any specific places for it.
Nopes, no advance booking, first come first serve, in case the closest parking lot gets filled up, other parking lots which are a bit farther away, are opened up. We just park in an available slot, make a note of where we have parked, and just walk away, no need to inform anyone.
PVS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 19:12   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDifferent? View Post
In case this helps..

Parked at Chennai Airport's multi-level parking for three and a half days (Sunday morning to Wednesday evening) and paid 1470/-. The first day charge was 525/- and each subsequent day was 315/-. Was told that fast tag will work only for two days and had to pay cash at the exit gate for which a receipt was given.

By the way, there are two multi-level car parkings at Chennai Airport. Car parking-west is the first one and is opposite to the international terminal and Car parking-east (where the shopping mall is) is little ahead of west and just before domestic terminal. And the aerobridge connecting the car park to the terminals are in the third floor.
I have to park my car from 14.01.24 to 17.01.24 in Chennai airport. Is there any advance booking for the parking slot? Or any information to be given before long stay parking? For domestic terminal, which parking area east or west is preferred?
Old 10th January 2024, 19:30   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate driver View Post
Is there any advance booking for the parking slot? Or any information to be given before long stay parking? For domestic terminal, which parking area east or west is preferred?
Nothing different is needed. Drive to the east multilevel parking and park, and when you leave, based on duration parked, charges are calculated automatically.

For domestic terminal, the closest is east multi level parking which is the second building. The west multilevel parking, which is the first building, is opposite to the international terminal and a long walk.
HowDifferent? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 15:27   #298
BHPian

Bangalore airport updated parking information

Long stay car parking @ Indian airports?-blr_t1_parking_charges.png

Long stay car parking @ Indian airports?-blr_t2_parking_charges.png
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 15:08   #299
Senior - BHPian

Parked at P2 at Terminal 2 at KIAL at 12 30 pm on 22nd and collected car at 10 am on 25th. The covered parking is a boon as car was cool on entry but was dusty. Paid 1300/-. Totally worth it IMO.
goandude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 13:58   #300
BHPian

I am planning to park my car at Mumbai Domestic Airport - T1 terminal for 7 days / 6 nights. I came across the Adani One App which shows Rs. 2100 for premium parking. Cost is same for General parking. It works out cheaper than booking a cab to and fro from Pune. I would be travelling with my wife, daughter and father who recently underwent a knee surgery. I want to know how convenient this option is from walking to the terminal and then picking up the car. We would be carrying 4 bags with us as well. I am concerned about my car's safety too.

Any feedback is welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks