Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2023, 16:32   #271
BHPian

Re: Long stay car parking @ Indian airports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
Hey Rahul,

can you please confirm which parking did you use ? I have a early morning flight from T2 on wednesday and would like to understand the closest walkable car parking

Thanks
Hey,
I just followed the sign boards of Departures & parking, Since I was in a hurry couldn't observe properly. Just follow the signboards or you can ask those security around and they'll guide you. After parking, You just have to take a escalator to the Entry security check.
RahulRV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 16:54   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
Hey Rahul,

can you please confirm which parking did you use ? I have a early morning flight from T2 on wednesday and would like to understand the closest walkable car parking

Thanks
There is a parking very close to T2 terminal. You can follow the sign boards and proceed to that parking. Do not park in the old parking near T1

After parking you will reach the arrival floor of T2. Take the escalator for T2 departure gates one level above arrival gates
SourPai is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 14:44   #273
BHPian

Found the below link for Chennai airport and this looks ok to me.

https://www.aai.aero/en/airports/pas...nai/Park-&-Fly

Can someone confirm any recent experience? I am planning to park and fly for about 10-15 days. I checked some videos online and it seems like they have a multi storied parking facility with professional maintained infra and security.
Old 2nd September 2023, 20:35   #274
BHPian

In Chennai, they charge Rs 400 for the first day, and Rs 300 for subsequent days. I left my Fortuner for 8 days recently and found it safe and sound when I got back!
flipflop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 23:06   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflop View Post
In Chennai, they charge Rs 400 for the first day, and Rs 300 for subsequent days. I left my Fortuner for 8 days recently and found it safe and sound when I got back!
I am planning to leave my car for 2 days. How do we move from the car park to domestic departures? Which is the best level to park at? How long does it take to reach domestic departures? Arre trollies available to take your luggage?

Been to the airport quite a few times but always used Uber, l

Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 23:36   #276
BHPian

The parking is in the new aero drome just opposite the departure terminal. There are trollies available and it’s all very easy. There are loads of people to guide on where to park.
flipflop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 12:18   #277
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
No need to inform anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
I recently parked my car at the Aeromall for 5 days / 4 nights for Rs. 1100.
Dear Turbospooler / Sam,
I am planning to use the long term parking at Pune airport next week for a similar 5day. Just wanted to check few pointers:
  • Do I have to inform them prior?
  • What is the availability of parking? I would be reaching around 3 PM on a Thursday afternoon. I would be in a serious fix, if parking is not available.
  • Do they check / need any document for it?
  • What is the process to pick up the car after I return?
Thank you in advance. I shall really appreciate any pointer on this.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 5th October 2023 at 12:22.
Old 5th October 2023, 12:35   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
[*]Do I have to inform them prior?[*]What is the availability of parking? I would be reaching around 3 PM on a Thursday afternoon. I would be in a serious fix, if parking is not available.[*]Do they check / need any document for it?[*]What is the process to pick up the car after I return?
1. I was asked at the entry point to inform the office on the ground floor about long duration parking. I did so - they noted down my car registration number.
2. Can't predict. You will get to see yourself when you reach there.
3. No.
4. Walk to your car and drive to the exit gate. Show the receipt you received when you entered the Aeromall to the guy at the exit post. He will calculate the amount due. Pay. Exit the mall.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 5th October 2023 at 12:39. Reason: Corrected the format
sam264_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 00:02   #279
BHPian

Planning to fly out of Kolkata early in the morning of 20th of October (Pujo holiday), wasn't too sure if I could catch a cab/at reasonable rate (I usually pay 600-800 one-way for Ola/Uber, local cabs asking 4000 since it's Pujo time).

So I am thinking about trying Ola/uber/in-drive in the morning at 5:00 AM or to park my car at Airport. Now I have never parked my car at Airport and I have no Idea how much does it cost or how safe it is.
AAI website makes you do a lot of Maths to figure it out. Could anyone who have availed park and fly facility at Kolkata Airport in recent times provided any info?

Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 15:46   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltinsane View Post
So I am thinking about trying Ola/uber/in-drive in the morning at 5:00 AM or to park my car at Airport. Now I have never parked my car at Airport and I have no Idea how much does it cost or how safe it is.
AAI website makes you do a lot of Maths to figure it out. Could anyone who have availed park and fly facility at Kolkata Airport in recent times provided any info?
I am a regular user of the Calcutta airport parking and find it extremely convenient and safe for my requirements. The daily charge is around ₹330 and works out great for me. Saves me from the high cab fares and most importantly, saves me from the anxiety of getting one at odd hours !

You can always find a sweet spot near the passenger exit gate towards the airport at tier 1 or tier 2 of the multi level parking and which also has got the CCTV coverage. Just make sure to keep the issued parking slip safely, cheers.

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 16th October 2023 at 15:50.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 17:48   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

So I am thinking about trying Ola/uber/in-drive in the morning at 5:00 AM or to park my car at Airport.
You can schedule a ride with Uber well in advance instead of attempting on-the-spot booking at 5AM. I generally schedule Uber premium to increase my chances of getting a decent driver (Nice car would be a bonus but driver is more important). It has worked great so far compared to the really pathetic on-the-spot booking experience. I schedule a bit sooner than I need so that if there is a no-show, I still have the time to attempt an on-the-spot booking or take my own car and park.
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 14:02   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
I am a regular user of the Calcutta airport parking and find it extremely convenient and safe for my requirements. The daily charge is around ₹330 and works out great for me. Saves me from the high cab fares and most importantly, saves me from the anxiety of getting one at odd hours !

You can always find a sweet spot near the passenger exit gate towards the airport at tier 1 or tier 2 of the multi level parking and which also has got the CCTV coverage. Just make sure to keep the issued parking slip safely, cheers.
Thanks for the answer and the Tip about parking location. Much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
You can schedule a ride with Uber well in advance instead of attempting on-the-spot booking at 5AM. I generally schedule Uber premium to increase my chances of getting a decent driver (Nice car would be a bonus but driver is more important). It has worked great so far compared to the really pathetic on-the-spot booking experience. I schedule a bit sooner than I need so that if there is a no-show, I still have the time to attempt an on-the-spot booking or take my own car and park.
Ola/Uber pre-schedule doesn't always pan out well for me. I had been burned before and ended up wasting 30-40 minutes with several no show drivers and the festive season makes things harder.
Thanks for the tip Uber premium, I might give it a try.
Ltinsane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 14:36   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ola/Uber pre-schedule doesn't always pan out well for me. I had been burned before and ended up wasting 30-40 minutes with several no show drivers and the festive season makes things harder.
Thanks for the tip Uber premium, I might give it a try.
I don't live in the central areas of the city, so my overall experience with Uber is terrible. I strongly believe that the drivers play some funny games with the Uber software - such as accepting the ride but staying put till the customer cancels. Perhaps to game the system that they are actively available and serving customers to earn some bonus without actually doing it. I am not a frequent user of Uber but I detest the service. The only time I am forced to use Uber is when I have to do one way trips (airport, railway station, etc.) and I found scheduling a premium Uber has improved my odds significantly.

Statistically insignificant but I have 100% success rate with the driver showing up 5-10min early and waiting for me. With regular Uber on-the-spot booking, it's about 50% with a lot of drama and suspense. When it comes to on the spot booking, if I suspect the driver is stalling, I use another phone to make a fresh booking and never cancel my ride on the first phone. Sorry for going OT - you must allow a Bangalorean to rant when it comes to these things :-)
androdev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 14:41   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Dear Turbospooler / Sam,
Sir, extremely sorry for the late reply, but I didn't get any mail notification that I was quoted, but I see Sam has clarified the doubts and my responses would've also been the same.

If you are back from your trip, do share an update with your experience
Old 17th October 2023, 14:52   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I strongly believe that the drivers play some funny games with the Uber software - such as accepting the ride but staying put till the customer cancels.
I have always wondered the same too.
Worst are the drives who cancel the ride if they can't reach you. One time I had a ride booked via Ola for Airport. I was tracking ride on the map, as soon as I saw it was about to reach my location, I head out of my apartment. Guess what? Guy cancelled the ride because he couldn't reach me for whole 50-60 seconds while I was in the elevator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev
Sorry for going OT - you must allow a Bangalorean to rant when it comes to these things :-)
I been to Bangalore, I feel your pain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks