Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2021, 23:50   #226
BHPian

Re: Long stay car parking @ Indian airports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
Just wanted to know if there's any update to the long term parking situation at Bangalore airport. I'm in anantapur and if I need to go to Mumbai, parking the car at the airport, flying to Mumbai and coming back is the best way possible. Cab will cost quite a bit.
P4 Car parking at Bangalore airport allows for long-term car parking. the fee seems to have been increased though

P4 Car Parking Charges as per bangalore airport website

Duration Fare
0 to 30 minutes 100
Every additional 1 hour 50
One day 600
Every additional day 350
Loss of Ticket 600
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 13:10   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
If you are parking at Bangalore airport, think again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
The parking lot is substantially away from the terminal, you need to cross a major unruly road, crosswalks are not clearly defined and the parking lot itself is totally makeshift without adequate lighting or signages, heavy machinery moving around and no security whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
After going through the posts, I feel it is better to risk a cab
Quote:
Just wanted to know if there's any update to the long term parking situation at Bangalore airport.
I did a weekend trip to Mumbai and chose to park at the airport rather than spend on cabs. While these quoted posts did fill me with trepidation, the actual experience was not all that bad (possibly due to the time and the fact that I was traveling light).

When driving into the airport one just needs to follow the road signs saying Parking / P4 - it was easy to locate.

When exiting the airport - it is a bit beyond the older P3 long-stay lot but the access route is the same. Walk along the airport concourse, cross the road in front of the Vayu Vajra bus stand, pass through a covered pedestrian walkway, cross another (newly built) road and you are at the edge of the lot.

All road crossings are manned by airport staff who stop the traffic periodically for pedestrians. I didn't see much difference between this P4 and older P3 in terms of security (same ticket-based entry/exit, guards etc.). It is close to a construction site so dust is a problem. I wasn't there during night time so can't comment on lighting (though I did have issues with P3's lighting when I used to park there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
P4 Car Parking Charges as per bangalore airport website
These numbers are correct. I parked at 6.30 AM and exited at 9.15 AM two days later. I paid Rs. 1150 which matches these rates.

Last edited by binand : 27th December 2021 at 13:13.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 13:22   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

When driving into the airport one just needs to follow the road signs saying Parking / P4 - it was easy to locate.

When exiting the airport - it is a bit beyond the older P3 long-stay lot but the access route is the same. Walk along the airport concourse, cross the road in front of the Vayu Vajra bus stand, pass through a covered pedestrian walkway, cross another (newly built) road and you are at the edge of the lot.
How far is the parking lot from the terminal entrance?
Old 27th December 2021, 13:40   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How far is the parking lot from the terminal entrance?
About 400m walking from the lot's edge (pedestrian exit) to the departure entry queue. Add to this the distance to this edge from wherever you parked your car inside the lot.

Here's a map. Green is the route you drive in, ending at the point where you collect your parking card. Red the pedestrian route (to departures / from arrivals). Blue is the exit route from the fee collection booth.

Long stay car parking @ Indian airports?-untitled.png
binand is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 19:35   #230
BHPian

I parked my car from 25 Dec morning till 31 Dec evening at Bangalore airport.

Had to go around couple of rows to find a empty slot as it appeared lots of holiday travelers had decided to park their cars at the airport before flying out.

It was a good walk to and from the terminal to the parking slot.

Overall paid 2700/- for the entire duration which actually worked out economical for and and my friend instead of taking separate taxi's both the sides.
ant_vas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 18:40   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quick check - Is it still P4 at the Bangalore airport? A trip coming up next week and I’m thinking I’ll drive instead of hiring a taxi.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th April 2022 at 09:00. Reason: A word
Old 15th April 2022, 19:11   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Quick check - Is it still P4 at the Bangalore airport? A trip coming up next week and I’m thinking I’ll drive instead of hiring a taxi.
Yes, I parked there for a week last month, total for 8 days came to 3300. Don't park under the trees, the sap and leaves are really hard to clean.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th April 2022 at 09:01. Reason: Quoted Post edited.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 19:19   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, but I find it cheap and comfortable only if I am doing a same day return. Anything more than 2 days, I find the taxi charges are cheaper, atleast in my case, as I stay in the north.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th April 2022 at 09:00. Reason: Quoted Post edited.
Old 16th April 2022, 07:10   #234
Senior - BHPian

Thank you avira and sr

It’s a morning-evening trip and hence this thought. I’m guessing I’ll have to buffer in an additional 20 minutes atleast to - locate, park, walk to terminal. I live way south of Bangalore with almost 55+ km one way to the airport. The fuel+parking is much less than paying for taxi’s.
Old 16th April 2022, 09:05   #235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

It’s a morning-evening trip and hence this thought. I’m guessing I’ll have to buffer in an additional 20 minutes atleast to - locate, park, walk to terminal...
You may already know this: the shorter path currently to P4 is to take the right for Arrivals when approaching the terminal, then the first right again for the 'Bengaluru City' exit lane right next to where the pedestrian walkway comes out. Stick to the right for P4 entry.

Would save some time instead of looping around the departure lanes with heavy traffic.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 11:00   #236
Senior - BHPian

I have parked in the KIAL Long term parking many times. The earlier fares when the Airport was commissioned was I think Rs.300 for the first day and Rs.200 each additional day. That time it used to be very economical and a no brainer at least for 5 days since no tolls were applicable.
The fare later changed to Rs.500 for 1st day and Rs.200 (?) each day, which was not too economical, but still ok.

Now the fare of Rs.600 for 1st day and Rs.350 each day is just not economically viable. Its perhaps ok for a 3 day stop. Rs.600 1st day +Rs.700 2 days +own car Fuel Rs.880 at Rs.8 per km for 110 kms + Toll both ways Rs.190. Total comes to Rs.2420, which is roughly lower than two way taxi cost of Rs.2500/-. I stay 55 kms from the airport.
I strongly believe the militant taxi unions and associations would have had some say in this fare rise, so that their business of cheating and ride cancellations remains viable.

Last edited by hrman : 16th April 2022 at 11:06.
hrman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 12:31   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Now the fare of Rs.600 for 1st day and Rs.350 each day is just not economically viable. Its perhaps ok for a 3 day stop. Rs.600 1st day +Rs.700 2 days +own car Fuel Rs.880 at Rs.8 per km for 110 kms + Toll both ways Rs.190. Total comes to Rs.2420, which is roughly lower than two way taxi cost of Rs.2500/-.
If you are going solely by economic considerations perhaps this analysis is true. I also factor in the intangibles - like, driving my own car safely vs sitting in a battered one's rear seat where there are no airbags and the seatbelt if at all present, wouldn't lock and driven by a sleep-deprived maniac.

So, either I take my own car or I take the bus. I have sworn off airport taxis in Bangalore for a long time. :-)
binand is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 17:23   #238
avk
BHPian

Will be flying out of KIAL for a same day return trip. Would want to understand what would be the fare for parking for 24 hrs in KIAL parking? Also where is the parking area located?
Old 28th September 2022, 11:53   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Yes, I parked there for a week last month, total for 8 days came to 3300. Don't park under the trees, the sap and leaves are really hard to clean.
I am going to Bangalore and from there down south again, for a week. I am driving to Bangalore from Pune. I wanted to check, If its safe to park My car for a week in Bangalore International Airport?
I don't mind the charges, but, is it safe and hassle free? and a coverd/protected car park, or, just open land?
Any help available on the airport to find the parking lot ?

Last edited by Hemant_Joshi : 28th September 2022 at 11:55. Reason: typo
Old 28th September 2022, 12:25   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
I am going to Bangalore and from there down south again, for a week. I am driving to Bangalore from Pune. I wanted to check, If its safe to park My car for a week in Bangalore International Airport?
I don't mind the charges, but, is it safe and hassle free? and a coverd/protected car park, or, just open land?
Any help available on the airport to find the parking lot ?
Perfectly fine to park the car long duration. I've parked my car multiple times there without any complaints.

Here's the location - https://goo.gl/maps/7npgarQv8spLFtNv5 for the car park. In case, this parking is full, you can get directions for the other car parkings in vicinity.

It's completely open parking, so it'd be good to drape your car with the cover (I hope you have one) and nicely buckle it, so that it doesn't fly away in wind.

Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks