Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2023, 15:39   #256
BHPian

Re: Long stay car parking @ Indian airports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Anyone parked recently at Bangalore airport?
The last time I had parked was pre-covid days and it was a simple affair of collecting the ticket and paying on return. Not sure if anything has changed.

I intend to park just over a day. Thanks!
I did, pretty much the same affair, though the parking P3 is now a walk from the terminal with no proper walkways for half the distance and lack of clear signage. If you are going in after a long time account for an additional 15 to 20 minutes than you would normally.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 20:19   #257
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I did, pretty much the same affair, though the parking P3 is now a walk from the terminal with no proper walkways for half the distance and lack of clear signage. If you are going in after a long time account for an additional 15 to 20 minutes than you would normally.
Thanks. I parked at P4. Took me 20 mins to reach the Terminal. Very poor signs...I literally had to ask couple of times to ensure am taking the right route which hadn't happened before at the airport.
Old 8th May 2023, 16:03   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
Did you park there? I parked for an hour there, cost ₹100 and looked safe enough and well laid out. I am curious what the daily rate is.
Hi rsidd,
Yes. I did park for 8 days. The cost structure is following:
For first 24 hours : 500 Rs.
For every additional day : 300 Rs.
You can find more details here: https://www.aai.aero/en/airports/pas...nai/Park-&-Fly

The parking was clean, conveniently located, safe - had cameras around and was connected through aero bridge to the departure. All in all I had positive experience.

Last edited by pranav_mankad : 8th May 2023 at 16:04. Reason: Corrected spelling
Old 10th May 2023, 15:02   #259
BHPian

Has anyone parked at the Pune Airport recently? Is it indoors in the new Aeromall? Any ideas about pricing for a week?
Old 13th May 2023, 12:12   #260
BHPian

With Terminal 2 coming up in Bangalore, what is the situation with parking? Is it the same P4 parking for terminal 2 also, or does T2 have different parking? (Have Vistara flight to take)

Any idea on how much time it will take to walk from parking to Terminal 2?
Old 13th May 2023, 13:13   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Has anyone parked at the Pune Airport recently? Is it indoors in the new Aeromall? Any ideas about pricing for a week?
I have seen a board that says 200/day. Am not sure how safe it is since a lot of cabs are parked and the cab pickup point is also in the same parking.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 13:25   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPai View Post
With Terminal 2 coming up in Bangalore, what is the situation with parking? Is it the same P4 parking for terminal 2 also, or does T2 have different parking? (Have Vistara flight to take)

Any idea on how much time it will take to walk from parking to Terminal 2?
Hey, Last week had to take morning flight to Mumbai and returned the same night. My flight was also vistara at terminal 2. The parking was not too far off as compared to Terminal 1 and the location is hardly 5 min walk to the entrance of T2.
Be careful if it has rained because the parking lot gets flooded and its too slippery. I slipped twice as i was wearing formal shoes.
RahulRV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 13:46   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulRV View Post
Hey, Last week had to take morning flight to Mumbai and returned the same night. My flight was also vistara at terminal 2. The parking was not too far off as compared to Terminal 1 and the location is hardly 5 min walk to the entrance of T2.
Be careful if it has rained because the parking lot gets flooded and its too slippery. I slipped twice as i was wearing formal shoes.
Did you park in P4 or P3? Google Maps says P4 to T2 entrance is more than 1.0km.

Last edited by Equus : 23rd May 2023 at 13:51.
Old 24th May 2023, 10:14   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Did you park in P4 or P3? Google Maps says P4 to T2 entrance is more than 1.0km.
Bangalore Airport parking: P2 parking lot is right opposite Terminal 2!
600 for the first day and 300 thereafter. Dont loose your ticket
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 12:09   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
I recently parked my car at the Aeromall for 5 days / 4 nights for Rs. 1100. (300 for the first 24 hours and 200 for each subsequent 24 hours). There is no partial charge for a block of hours after the first 24 hours. So you have to pay the entire Rs. 200 per 24 hours. I found it reasonable considering the cab fares, specially during the arrival timeframe - the surcharge is very high. Plus my departure and arrival times were post midnight so this worked out well for me.

When you enter the mall, inform the ticket guy that you intend to park the car for multiple nights. He will direct you to the office where you need to provide your car registration number and phone number. Parking is safe and on a floor where there are no cabs. If you have senior citizens with you, then do utilize the free golf cart service, else it's a long walk to the airport through the connecting bridge.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 24th May 2023 at 12:11. Reason: Grammatical correction
sam264_2000 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 10:57   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Bangalore Airport parking: P2 parking lot is right opposite Terminal 2!
600 for the first day and 300 thereafter. Dont loose your ticket
And they allow you to park for 2-3 days at P2? If you had done so, was the experience good? Are the trolleys available in P2 for carrying luggage?
Old 4th July 2023, 09:25   #267
BHPian

Quick question Friends
Need to do a one-day trip from Bangalore to Pune. Early morning onward flight and late night return flight. I am not sure if I can park my car at Aeromall at 2 30 in the morning! Is there any other option? I saw a board that looks like open parking just outside the airport. Anyone park there and have any experience to share?
Old 4th July 2023, 14:45   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Quick question Friends
Need to do a one-day trip from Bangalore to Pune. Early morning onward flight and late night return flight. I am not sure if I can park my car at Aeromall at 2 30 in the morning! Is there any other option? I saw a board that looks like open parking just outside the airport. Anyone park there and have any experience to share?
Parked few months back for a day's visit to Mumbai. It was open area parking. They provide you a token and you need to pay when you take the car by showing the token. The charge would be based on the time spent. I think it was 600 for a day. Had my family with me when returning, so was still less expensive than taxi.
kumarprabhatn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 12:39   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulRV View Post
The parking was not too far off as compared to Terminal 1 and the location is hardly 5 min walk to the entrance of T2.
Hey Rahul,

can you please confirm which parking did you use ? I have a early morning flight from T2 on wednesday and would like to understand the closest walkable car parking

Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 12:48   #270
Senior - BHPian

The GMR airport in Hyd has pretty decent facility for a few days parking. Whenever I vacation with my family, I leave my car there. For 500/- a night, it's not bad. When you have cab fares at close to 2K for one side ride, it's better to take your car and park it there. Our vacations are mostly for 4 to 5 days, so it works out pretty well. But like any firm in India, no one is ready to take responsibility of your vehicle. So, that piece of risk is always there. I do not hand over my keys to any valet even if it's a five start hotel. They simply disown your car and the parking slip clearly states that they are not responsible for any damage. Not sure if this answers the query.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks