Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2022, 13:21   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Long stay car parking @ Indian airports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
So, either I take my own car or I take the bus. I have sworn off airport taxis in Bangalore for a long time. :-)
Well said! I'd much rather take even my BMW than a 'normal' cab.

Even for a 0400 ETA at KIAL, I'm fully showered and in a suit + 100% alert, compared to a smelly cabbie (not blaming him) who has slept for a few random hours in the cab itself, and is drowsy himself.

I've kept my cars at KIAL for 7+ days. One tip, don't cover the car. Instead keep some cleaning materials & a 5 litre jar of water to give it a quick clean yourself.

BLR weather is dusty, sunny & rainy at the same time now. A cover will trap the moisture and degrade your paint.

As Avira has mentioned too, don't park under trees & look for the CCTV cams if you can. KIAL is very professional and well run, don't worry
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 16:07   #242
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone recommend a private, safe, parking lot near IGA, Delhi airport, where I can leave my Thar for 3-4 days and have a pretty good chance of getting it back with all wheels, batteries and sundry parts? Ride to and from the International terminal would be kind of nice, too.
Old 19th December 2022, 13:29   #243
BHPian

Bumping up this thread to update on Parking Charges at PUNE AIRPORT's recently inaugurated Aeromall housing the Parking too.
I availed the services for parking my 2 wheeler on 17th Dec 7:00 PM and coming back on 19th Dec 1:00 AM.
Uber would've charged me a bomb to reach my place in Baner. I paid INR 140 (INR 90 for 24 hours and INR 50 for 6-8 hours on next day).

You need to head down to the basement to park your vehicle.
Then one needs to take the elevator to the 2nd floor and then walk on the skywalk to cross the road and enter the airport entry gates.
There are escalators to help you get down with ease while carrying luggage.
The entire place is very well clean (as expected from a new project).

One word of caution for people travelling with infants or elders. The walk to the airport from the aeromall is little bit long and there is a buggy operator. Not sure how much it costs, but you can check.

Attaching the price list so that you can plan your trip.

Bike:
Long stay car parking @ Indian airports?-fkuhhwlaaaaoxxk.jpg

Car:
Long stay car parking @ Indian airports?-fkuhidyayaesijz.jpg
turbospooler is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 20:41   #244
BHPian

Have a flight from Bengaluru at 10 AM this Saturday along with Wife and kid. We will be returning on New Year day. My wife and I hate taking cabs and avoid them as much as possible. So I was thinking of driving and parking at the long term parking. But now I am having second thoughts as it's the holiday season. Worried that if there is no parking, will be in an unenviable situation.

Also, since we stay in Electronic City, we would have to wake-up quite early to make it to the airport by 8 AM. For this reason, I have reserved a hotel near the airport to avoid anxiety in the morning. There is also the option of parking the car the previous evening. But I am still worried that parking may not be available.

Need advice from someone who flies frequently and uses the long-term parking.
Old 21st December 2022, 23:25   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Can anyone recommend a private, safe, parking lot near IGA, Delhi airport, where I can leave my Thar for 3-4 days and have a pretty good chance of getting it back with all wheels, batteries and sundry parts? Ride to and from the International terminal would be kind of nice, too.
You can park your car at DLF Capitol Point, near Connaught place. It's an automated parking, which remains open from 7 a.m. in morning to 1 a.m. in night, all days of the week.

Whenever I have a flight from Delhi, I always park my ciaz there. If you are parking for more than 1 day, you need to tell them the duration of parking and provide your driving licence.

If you have a flight from T3, you can take airport metro from Shivaji stadium metro station, situated at a distance of 200 metres from the parking. Air India check-in facility is available here.
In case, you have flight from T1, you need to book a taxi.

I have been parking my car here since February and never faced any issue, irrespective of the duration. Recently, they have changed the payment method from cash to online only.

Regards,
Anindya
Old 21st December 2022, 23:34   #246
BHPian

quick question: Is parking safe and guaranteed to some extent to be safe or completely at owner's risk?
Old 25th December 2022, 06:33   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinpune View Post
Have a flight from Bengaluru at 10 AM this Saturday along with Wife and kid. We will be returning on New Year day. So I was thinking of driving and parking at the long term parking. But now I am having second thoughts as it's the holiday season. Worried that if there is no parking, will be in an unenviable situation.

Need advice from someone who flies frequently and uses the long-term parking.
Was able to find a slot @ 7:40 AM within a few minutes. Looks like all my anxiety was misplaced.
Old 11th January 2023, 00:42   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Bumping up this thread to update on Parking Charges at PUNE AIRPORT's recently inaugurated Aeromall housing the Parking too.
I availed the services for parking my 2 wheeler on 17th Dec 7:00 PM and coming back on 19th Dec 1:00 AM.
Uber would've charged me a bomb to reach my place in Baner. I paid INR 140 (INR 90 for 24 hours and INR 50 for 6-8 hours on next day).

You need to head down to the basement to park your vehicle.
Then one needs to take the elevator to the 2nd floor and then walk on the skywalk to cross the road and enter the airport entry gates.
There are escalators to help you get down with ease while carrying luggage.
The entire place is very well clean (as expected from a new project).

One word of caution for people travelling with infants or elders. The walk to the airport from the aeromall is little bit long and there is a buggy operator. Not sure how much it costs, but you can check.

Attaching the price list so that you can plan your trip.

Bike:
Attachment 2391861

Car:
Attachment 2391862
Do we need to inform beforehand that you are parking for a longer duration? I am planning to use Aeromall for 3 days to park my car as both my flights from and to Pune are at very odd hours and I am not sure on cab availability and their exorbitant charges. Also is it safe in your opinion?
Old 11th January 2023, 07:32   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik87 View Post
Do we need to inform beforehand that you are parking for a longer duration? I am planning to use Aeromall for 3 days to park my car as both my flights from and to Pune are at very odd hours and I am not sure on cab availability and their exorbitant charges. Also is it safe in your opinion?
No need to inform anyone.
Just go there, collect ticket, and while coming back, pay the bill.
I saw lot of cars parked there, maybe of airline staff.
I think it is safe and being a new building, it has CCTVs too.
turbospooler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 14:02   #250
BHPian

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips for long term parking in Mumbai T2? I am travelling for 14 days and thinking of parking there while away.

Any ideas on cost? Safety? Where exactly it is?

Thanks.
Old 30th March 2023, 19:26   #251
BHPian

A question to Chennai folks:
How reliable is the long stay parking at Chennai airport currently. I reckon that new MLCP had been thrown open since December 2022. Which means that covered parking will be available. Is it safe? I intend to park my car for a week hence wanted to know. Thanking you in advance.
Old 30th March 2023, 22:02   #252
BHPian

I want to park my car for one day at Mumbai T2 airport!. Anyone here knows the charges for the same?

Thanks.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 11:29   #253
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Anyone parked recently at Bangalore airport?
The last time I had parked was pre-covid days and it was a simple affair of collecting the ticket and paying on return. Not sure if anything has changed.

I intend to park just over a day. Thanks!
Old 4th May 2023, 12:22   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Anyone parked recently at Bangalore airport?
Yes, its the same. No changes. Collect slip and pay while exiting.

Rs 650 for the first day and Rs 300 for additional days.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 14:56   #255
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
A question to Chennai folks:
How reliable is the long stay parking at Chennai airport currently. I reckon that new MLCP had been thrown open since December 2022. Which means that covered parking will be available. Is it safe? I intend to park my car for a week hence wanted to know. Thanking you in advance.
Did you park there? I parked for an hour there, cost ₹100 and looked safe enough and well laid out. I am curious what the daily rate is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks