Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2007, 18:30   #541
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I guess its OTR .. Which could mean a heavier price back in bangalore .. Taxes I tell you ..
Old 6th May 2007, 18:57   #542
Senior - BHPian

8.5 Thane on road for the Zxi? That means Mumbai will def hover around 9 lakhs . I think its a Maruti is goofing up on the price front.
Old 6th May 2007, 19:06   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
1. Performance is definitely not earth-shattering. 140 comes up pretty neat, but progress from 140-170 is kinda slow. I expect the top whack to be in the region of 185 kmph, true.
2. Curiously, the speedo's marked to "just" 200 kmph. ...
1.IMO , not many will be trying to time 140 - 170 timings in real life situations on Indian highways....not practical to do so and hardly a _ve for the engine , But 0-100 numbers will be interesting to compare with others in the segment.

2. if topwhack is 185 KMPh , a speedo marked to 200 KMPh is more than sufficient IMO
Old 6th May 2007, 19:18   #544
Senior - BHPian

my hopes are slowly getting shattered. at 9 lac on the road, i can look at other cars no matter what maruti launches. damn you maruti. i had lots of expectations on you, and would wait another day to be official about the (sad) news on the cost front.

OT: Does anyone here know when the new (newer, newest) honda city is about to come?
Old 6th May 2007, 19:20   #545

Price...

8.5 L in Thane??? Will that work out to almost 9 L on-road here in Bangalore?

That kinda sucks if its true. I was hoping for really really aggressive pricing, with the Zxi coming in at around 7-8 on-road.

Well - let's just see how this baby does on a test run and if its worth the extra barrel of moolah
Old 6th May 2007, 19:21   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
my hopes are slowly getting shattered. at 9 lac on the road, i can look at other cars no matter what maruti launches. damn you maruti. i had lots of expectations on you, and would wait another day to be official about the (sad) news on the cost front.

OT: Does anyone here know when the new (newer, newest) honda city is about to come?
I also agree, 9L shall be too much on the higher side, lets see what happens with the launch.
Now the fact that the workshop guy was comparing SX4 to Corolla suddenly looks to be making sense to me

-POGU
Old 6th May 2007, 19:24   #547

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
I also agree, 9L shall be too much on the higher side, lets see what happens with the launch.
Now the fact that the workshop guy was comparing SX4 to Corolla suddenly looks to be making sense to me

-POGU
I work for Infy and they're giving discounts of almost a lakh on each Corolla model.

For close to 9 L, I'd rather invest in a Fiesta diesel. You get a great driving car and also something that's easy on the fuel...
Old 6th May 2007, 19:29   #548
Senior - BHPian

Whatever happened to the nice and desirable 6Lakh rupee Japanese sedan? Me wants one... Something like a progression on the Esteem when it was launched. Nothing in the market is worth buying. Either iffy looks, boring to drive etc etc. :sigh:
Old 6th May 2007, 19:48   #549
Senior - BHPian

Couple things that stand out. The SX4 is a big car and is heavy. Heavier than Corolla and about 125 kg heavier than NHC. Add to this fat 16" rubber and tall body (poor Cd) and FE is going to be nowhere close to the NHC. So now we have a Corolla competetior which does not offer the rear seat legroom of Corolla. Maruti has to be very clear about where they are positioning this car.
Old 6th May 2007, 20:01   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Couple things that stand out. The SX4 is a big car and is heavy. Heavier than Corolla and about 125 kg heavier than NHC. Add to this fat 16" rubber and tall body (poor Cd) and FE is going to be nowhere close to the NHC. So now we have a Corolla competetior which does not offer the rear seat legroom of Corolla. Maruti has to be very clear about where they are positioning this car.
Thats a very interesting point that you are making, at TBHP people might appreciate SX4 a lot but for the common buyer the first question is <wat is the average, wat is the average> , their the NHC shall become a winner although SX4 might be a much much better vehicle
Old 6th May 2007, 20:03   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
And yes, the diesel will debut in a couple of months. More details later.

Can't type in a more detailed report, due to time constraints.

As for the pricing....here goes...about 8.5, Thane...
For months, I had been hearing news from OEMs about a Corolla sized car, a BIG car, a high end car, etc. I was hoping against hope that Maruti would be pricing this around 7-7.5L ex-showroom Bangalore. Now we know more or less what to expect. I'm very disappointed. Anyone's guess what the diesel might cost when it is finally launched.

Now Honda can launch a City equipped with ABS, Airbags, few other small changes and price it on par or even a little above the SX4. Honda might anyway have made these changes irrespective of SX4. Anyone's guess who will win eventually!
Old 6th May 2007, 21:00   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w12
1.IMO , not many will be trying to time 140 - 170 timings in real life situations on Indian highways....not practical to do so and hardly a _ve for the engine , But 0-100 numbers will be interesting to compare with others in the segment.

2. if topwhack is 185 KMPh , a speedo marked to 200 KMPh is more than sufficient IMO.
1. True. Not many would be gunning for the top whack. But it's always reassuring to know you've got enough grunt under the hood. Again, not for all. As for 0-100, it's gonna clock in the region of 10.5-11.3 or thereabouts. And yes it requires thrid gear for gunning the ton. No esteem gearing here.

2. True. But then there'd be no point in caliberating 185 kmph Vtecs to 220 or 215 kmph RS's to 270 on the speedo now, would there?

I agree, the SX4 is nowhere in Corolla league. The corolla would outperform the SX4 hands down. In all areas, including resale.

I for one, hate the fact that the rear has drums...even though the brake feel is spot on and pedal travel is good...Maruti should've given discs..

And ah, the price....well, it seems Maruti is still doing jigs at the moment..apparently, a birdie tells me there could be "inaugratory" prices..
Old 6th May 2007, 21:07   #553
Senior - BHPian

@ veyron1 where you referring to OTR prices or ex-showroom prices,also any idea about the price of the Vxi variant
Old 6th May 2007, 21:18   #554
Senior - BHPian

Isnt the car underpowered??? I mean its heavier than carolla and lacks around 25 horses compared to Carolla. Coupled with fat wheels, leaves us with a comparitively quite a sluggish car. Considering I found Cedia to be outright slugish when compared to Carolla. You want a car that responds to throttle when you want, not the one that you have to downshift to second gear to get in the right power band.
I am seriously contemplating stretching the budget and going in for an outdated low spec corolla than a fully loaded SX4...
Old 6th May 2007, 21:40   #555
Team-BHP Support

The interiors are good looking. Can't say the same about the rest of the car. Looks like they've taken parts from various cars and stuck them on. Those quarter glass in the front suck big time.
The engine looks good on paper and it's a Maruti, which means, it'll have a good service backup. This car seems recommendable.
Still, wouldn't buy one for myself.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks