Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2007, 12:10   #511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post

Finally, the ground clearance needs to be reduced, although I am sure all the people here who tackle gravel rally stages would be very pleased.
For Bangalore Roads, even 190 mm is not sufficient. Some of my friends did not go for NHC because of low GC. You may think they are crazy, but thats the reality with Bangalore Roads (with that vertical humps)
Old 6th May 2007, 12:14   #512
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Ah, the spin-doctoring press...

Journalists have been spin-doctoring the Swift as a premium hatch.
So does the Chevrolet SRV become a super-premium hatch?
What about the (VW Golf-based) Octavia hatch?

Nary too long ago, Zen was premium, M1000 was premium, Esteem was premium -- our over-enthusiastic beer-fed journalists with no long-term ownership experience unhesitatingly brand any new introduction as "premium".

we're beginning to hear the copywriters new positioning for the SX4:
"Towers above the rest" -- as if a morphed tall boy hatch is somehow a premium sedan.
"Unmatched power" -- although there is no 2-litre, no variable-valve-timing, not even DOHC is offered!

Who's being misled?

Ram
Old 6th May 2007, 12:15   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
7.5L ex showroom expected for the ZXi ? That would be probably about 8.25L on road ?

Wooohooo bring it on MUL - lets thrash the NHC.
if its 7.5 ex showroom, i doubt it will be 8.25 on the road. there is something called 10% road tax and 12.5% VAT these days.

so that is 7.5 lac + 72500 + 93750 + insurance - 20000 ~ 9 lac?? if the VAT isnt there then its ok. perhaps this time the VAT will be only on the engine since its imported? I'm totally confused on the VAT thingy.
Old 6th May 2007, 12:18   #514
Senior - BHPian

@ram - the towers above the rest isnt to be taken too seriously, it only means specs wise sx4 will thrash the competition and get a good perception in the minds of the buyers.

as for unmacthed power - no one will buy that argument since all cars are of the same power/torque values almost!
Old 6th May 2007, 12:22   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
.... not even DOHC is offered!

Who's being misled? .... Ram
The SX4 infact comes with a DOHC engine. PL. refer to my post # 490 for all the specificatios. They are from the brochure which I'm having.
Old 6th May 2007, 12:26   #516
BHPian

guys have seen the autoshow on zee and ndtv....the car is really great from inside ...and its our very own mr jagdish khattar (md)explaining the features of the car......

one thing i would like to know which i didnt understood cleary was the positioning of the radio antenna in the back ...can u provide any information on that

thanks
Old 6th May 2007, 12:27   #517
Ram
Senior - BHPian

A case for dealer blue-collars to retrain?

With Maruti's phenomenal popularity, droves of micro cars like the 800, WagonR and Estilo queue up each day at the dealerships for servicing (early unpaid services as well as later paid services).

These little packages have unparalleled manoeuvrability.
That has inspired careless handling in many urban Maruti dealers.

Dealer employees routinely manipulate these little cars into impossibly tight little spaces. Some Maruti workshops don't even have room to manipulate a larger car around. Sometimes microcars are even shoehorned into building-lifts and taken to upper floors for servicing.

Maruti creeping into larger sized cars, represents a paradigm shift for the dealers' blundering blue-collar employees. I expect to hear stories of mistreated SX4s. Careless handling by blue-collar employees will routinely put a ding/scratch or two on customer-owned cars.
Old 6th May 2007, 12:31   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
With Maruti's phenomenal popularity, droves of micro cars like the 800, WagonR and Estilo queue up each day at the dealerships for servicing (early unpaid services as well as later paid services).

These little packages have unparalleled manoeuvrability.
That has inspired careless handling in many urban Maruti dealers.

Dealer employees routinely manipulate these little cars into impossibly tight little spaces. Some Maruti workshops don't even have room to manipulate a larger car around. Sometimes microcars are even shoehorned into building-lifts and taken to upper floors for servicing.

Maruti creeping into larger sized cars, represents a paradigm shift for the dealers' blundering blue-collar employees. I expect to hear stories of mistreated SX4s. Careless handling by blue-collar employees will routinely put a ding/scratch or two on customer-owned cars.

Oh so true. Tell me about it! I have visited two dealer workshops so far. NOne of them have the compound space to manouever two cars abreast. Not even the microminis. With my Swift, I need to often do a 5 point reverse to get the car facing straight to head out. It's ridiculous, they started selling more and bigger cars but never upgraded their premises.
Old 6th May 2007, 12:44   #519
Senior - BHPian

@ram : Are you referring to the old but very chaotic dealership in Pune's Shivajinagar ? Because that perfectly fits your description.
Old 6th May 2007, 12:55   #520
BHPian

Had gone to workshop for getting the alignment of my car done, while taking the TD I was talking to the person regarding SX4, he said SX4 shall give Corolla run for its money( probing him further didnt reveal anything) , i dont know what to make out of it.
Old 6th May 2007, 13:03   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
he said SX4 shall give Corolla run for its money( probing him further didnt reveal anything) , i dont know what to make out of it.
There are two conclusions that one could draw from that statement:

1. Pricing is around the Corolla mark!!! (didnt Atul say expect a shocker on the pricing side?)

2. They arent expecting to sell very large numbers, since Corolla numbers are rather low anyway.
Old 6th May 2007, 13:09   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_bhp View Post
just wondering if people are willing to overlook a minor blemish (for lack of a better word) compared to the overall package or is it something else...
Check out the sales figures for the ugly NHC powered by a 1.3 litre engine - you will have your answer.
Old 6th May 2007, 13:12   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check out the sales figures for the ugly NHC powered by a 1.3 litre engine - you will have your answer
You meant 1.5L?

Quote:
They arent expecting to sell very large numbers, since Corolla numbers are rather low anyway.
And Journos predict sales target of 1,00,000 per annum?? Whats with so much confusion doing the rounds??
Old 6th May 2007, 13:26   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

1. Pricing is around the Corolla mark!!! (didnt Atul say expect a shocker on the pricing side?)
Anything above 7.5 Lakhs (ex showroom) for ZXi will mark doom for the SX-4. The Hindu BusinessLine team has suggested a price of 6.5 to 7.5 Lakhs, which will be right I think.
Old 6th May 2007, 13:44   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
You meant 1.5L?
Thanks for the correction.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks